NEW ECM IN THE WORKS??

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Usa

Post Number: 243
C & P:

Bev and Charlie are increasing the length of CMD07. At the moment,BEV has increased the length of the CMD07 packet to 104 bytes (from the
previous 72). The extra bytes are not doing anything at the moment, but you can bet they will do something very soon.

Charlie seems to be taking a different approach: He injects the longer CMD07 once in a while and removes it. Most likely some kind of testing
going on. Regardless, major changes are coming soon.

A few possibilities:

1. They may be moving to 768bit RSA on the CMD07 from the previous 512bit. If so, Atmegas should finally be gone. The decryption timeswill be too damn tight - and x-15 had given them highly optimized code to begin with. As for Enigma, I can easily double-up the speed in hardware and got tonnes of space for more optimized 768-bit RSA. I don't know how many FTAs can survive the new speed requirements. You see, the Enigma has 15 seconds to compute the control words - but it doesn't do anything else. Whereas, an FTA unit has to multitask and keep the screen live and not crash while calculating the control words. My guess is that the higher end models @300MHz will survice. Low-endmodels like Pansat2500 running at 90MHz won't make it. CEMU should survive too if using a PC greater than 300MHz. Armulator should make it.

2. The other aspect of this is the fact that the extra payload data in CMD07 will surely be used in the new decryption algorithm of CMD1C. Ifthis happens, and a secret key is chosen from IRD firmware, only Echostar IRDs should continue to function. That should nail the coffin shut on FTA.

THIS ECM WILL BE HUGE.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2104
Well,if this is true it can be a double sided sword.It's time something happened,and need a good cull to clean out the old obsulete boxes and coders.Let the cream rise to the top,and the games begin!

Bronze Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 88
"For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" Rev. 6:17

We've heard this before. Like last summer, lol. Older boxes won't be able to keep up, bla, bla....

CMD07 packet is in fact increased, however. Hmmmm....

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 981
The Sky is Falling
Posted 6/20/2006 https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/241630.html

Same on Same on
Why worry? no need to buy one, get one free, it's all FREE, enjoy

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10201
Its been 1 year now since the last major EMM...DN is overdue to become very active and install their anti piracy techniques.....all anyone can do now is sit back and log the stream...see how this plays out...time will tell whats really happening...no need to worry, cause whatever happens, happens!...just always have a backup, like a shared sub for yourself....If its an upcoming EMM, there are some great coders that will eventually figure it out... start to worry when DN replaces all their cards, then its serious!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10204
The more I think about this , the more I think its BULL...sounds like BL and a Pansat ploy to sell more newer receivers like their new 9000 and 250S model..and if NOT them, then it was started by someone else for the sole purpose of filling their pockets for FTA manufacturers..there is very little mention of this by the coders, except the c/p of this same post!

Silver Member

Post Number: 983
The way I see it,if our coders can decode Russian's and other countries codes, they sure in Hell can decode whatever Charlie and Bev throws at them.

There are also alot of Free to Air Satellites.Check it out....
http://gofastmotorsports.com/kubandfreetvchannels.htm

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2905
As long as the receivers for subscription TVs are priced below $300 there is always going to be FTA receivers with hacked firmware

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 130
those of you who've been for awhile on this "business"
know this is like life itself.....
there's its ups and downs

the good thing is there's always be
some kinda life out there........
( that's, of course, until you're dead.....)

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 422
It has been soooo quiet... but i doubt VS, CS, PS and others will just roll over when somethin goes down :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 91
There's always something going down, haha.
The CMD07 packet may or may not have to do with any future ECMs.
The rumour was apparently started (or embellished) by Scherbius (the Enigma developer).

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10218
well that makes perfect sense..people trying to scare people, so they can pick their pockets!

Bronze Member
Username: Sobe1

South beach, Fl

Post Number: 15
i say enjoy the ride and worry when the sh*t hits the fan

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 927
RSA is an asymmetrical encryption system which requires processing on both sides of the connection, which means that not only must the ird perform encryption but so must the satellite itself. The satellite isn't capable of processing millions of connections that are very resource intensive.

The encryption scheme is symmetrical and I can't see that changing for a long, long time.

So I believe this is bogus.

The cmd07 packet getting longer?... probably another type of ecm, but nothing that dramatic.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2920
"the length of the CMD07 packet to 104 bytes (from the previous 72)."
Whether the extra bytes are code or data, for the hackers, it is an extremely minor challenge.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2119
Well,we know "team blacklist" is having big trouble handling the present encryption,won't take much to put them out of the game alltogether.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2120
Team Viewsat is up and ready for any challenge.

Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 2
The CMD07 is simple to overcome.All you do is reverse the polarity in the negative ark drives. Now most FTA have ability to do this (maybe the 2500 will have a problem?) but like the man said we have heard this before.

I am not to worried. We can always go back to cemu emulation if needed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2129
I'm not worried either.I have my "Secret Decoder Ring" I purchased from Fleabay.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2131
I think ,this is only effecting plastic.

Silver Member

Post Number: 995

OK, here is what I think Charlie is testing.
I can scan in all Channels @ EchoStar 3 @61.5W,
no problem,When I try to scan Rainbow 1 also at the Longitude 61.5W Signal 85% no Quality.
Same goes for AMC that they moved to Anik 3 @ 118.8. EchoStar @ 119.oW,no problem.
Maybe King was on something.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2740
Sat - I got mine from a box of CrackerJacks... But it took me a long time to find the right box... LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 2140
Then you probally have the "Pro edition' one .I coundn't find one in any of the boxes I got ,so I broke down and ordered mine.What do you think about that" Time machine"there ? Deal or no deal ?

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1223
It also means DN will add another row of 8x8 bytes.
16 more hex digits to type.
If they do what I think they will do plus those 64 bytes it will very much end DN PTA.
I don't think they will only count on increasing hex key code.
They up to something else I can see it coming.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2238
Looks like bev starting it now.Vs is un affected ,so no biggy anyway,well at this point anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 11
My brother has a vs at his cottage (no internet access) he is so confident that it will always work for him that he leaves it there. Going since april 12 without a new bin. I tell him 1 weekend (probably soon) he will arrive at the cottage and find he needs a new bin and will miss his autoraces etc.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2321
Keep dvd's and cd's handy. A weekend without tv at the cottage ? Kinda like having your life support cord unplugged .

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10498
I look at it more like going fishing and bringing along hot dogs...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3013
With the short summers in Canada, I don't know of too many Canadians watching TV at the cottage over a weekend.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10503
thats cause U don't have any friends...and never seen a cottage, just your hospital ward!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3017
LK: On the contrary, hospital wards to me are a quick visit to earn a lot of money from the Government for seeing psychos like you and saying hello to them.
You live in Florida and have no concept of Canadian habits when they go to cottages. In Canada, we pay a lot of money for those 1-2 weeks of holiday in a cottage, and even if the husband (or wife) wanted to take a TV, the other spouse would veto it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10504
huh...wtf?...U are Mental!....a cottage is a cottage ,and I have many Irish Canadian relataives that have cottages...I'm NOT a turnip...and Canada or US is NOT the issue...such a MORON!

I'm busting SS chops kiddin around and U interfere!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3026
You seem to be drunk now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10512
U seem to be talking with a cokck in your mouth...lmao....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3029
Drunkenness, vulgarity, and profanity go together in you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10520
as does INTENTINALLY IGNORANCE and STUPUDITY and the LEGAL AUTHORITIES GO WITH U!....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us