Channel List

Bronze Member
Username: Angelo921

Post Number: 22
I am currently pointing to ECHO 7 and ECHO 8.6
All the channels are so mixed up that I am having a hard time finding which ones are the premium movie channels. For example one channel is called CNBC while it is really HBO. Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the channels available for DN ECHO 7 and ECHO 8.6?

Also I noticed that while going into my on screen guide, it shows the same channel 3 times. This is happening for most of the channels. Any idea why this is happening?

thanks
Angelo

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 218
Some Pansats are doing that...Do you have a pansux?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9343
Each time u do a scan, it duplicates the channels..

select the echostar package to put channels in DN order

Best site for DISHNET info, channels, transponders and changes etc..
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

I have already previously provided U this info...please read instead of continously asking..

Bronze Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 87
Enas Filos: Sounds like your Auto TP may be ON or that you may have scanned a Sat more than once.

It's Sunday and if you have nothing better to do, hit factory reset, reinstall latest Bin and rescan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
What does the Auto TP do?, should I turn it off?

Also, Ive noticed that I am only getting a few of the PPV's and premium channels for Echo 7 and 8. Why would I not scan all of them? My friend has a Pansat 2700 and has the same exact bin file as me and gets all the channels. My signal and quality is very strong so Im not sure why I dont get all the channels?

Any input is appreciated.

thanks
Angelo

Bronze Member
Username: Ftanl

Post Number: 32
Also, Ive noticed that I am only getting a few of the PPV's and premium channels for Echo 7 and 8. Why would I not scan all of them? My friend has a Pansat 2700 and has the same exact bin file as me and gets all the channels. My signal and quality is very strong so Im not sure why I dont get all the channels?

Any input is appreciated

Let me know if you find the solution. I'm having the same problem on 1 of my VS Ultras. About 5 of the PPV Channels & 1 XXX channel is working. The regular programming is good, but not those. I've tried everything & no one here seems to be able to help me anymore. post your details if you figure it out.

Much appreciated
FTANL

Bronze Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 89
Enas Filos: I have a 2500 and don't know exactly how the 2700 works but here's an idea based on my experience with the 2500: Check your friend's switch settings and try scanning (after a factory reset) using the exact same switch settings he uses. On my 2500, the wrong switch settings fails to catch many of the channels.

Bronze Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 90
...and yes, keep the Auto TP on OFF. You don't want it to start an auto scan every time you get that "scrambled or bad channel" message.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
ok thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9359
FTANL...don't hijack this or other threads every time U post..nobody wants to help u anymore cause of your redundant questions and rude forum etiquette..and all U do is complain , like a kid, how nobody helps you..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
LK, im not sure what you mean. How was your weekend?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2602
Deleting all channels on one satellite.
Menu/channel edit/0000/delete
right arrow to the satellite channles you want to delete and delete all of them.

Rescaning all channels on one satellite.
Menu/Instalation/
If you do not see your satellite there as a selected satellite, and you are sure you have a Dish or LNB pointing to it, then go to antenna, selct the satellite, make sure you set the correct diseqc setting for the satellite (#1 to #4).
then go out and do a Blind scan. You will not need satellite list and witll get all the current channels.
Make sure you set the auto TP off - it is at best a pain in the neck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I did all of that but the same problem happened. I was on a IRC chat late last night and someone told me that Im only getting satellite 119 only and not getting 110 because I only have 1 LNB. Im actually thinking of upgrading my DISH to a dual LNB which I assume would take care of the problem since it will enable me to get 119 and 110. I will then use the old DISH to point t0 61.5

What sites do you recommend to get a dual LNB DISH?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9364
WRONG....Dual LNB receives ONLY 1 satellite signal but has 2 outputs (dual) for 2 receivers...U need 2 dual LNB's or a TWIN LNB for 2 different satellite signals and 2 receivers...or 2 Single LNB's (1 output connection in each LNB) for 2 sat signals and 1 receiver..

I recommend a Dish 500 TWIN dish (will receive either 110-119 or 82-91 sats)...it has a TWIN Dish Pro (DP) LNB ...many sites have a "For sale" section..and can pick it up for about $50...DO NOT GET A DISH PRO PLUS dish or LNB's..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9365
from sadoun.com

Dish Network DISH 500 Antenna with a DishPro Twin LNBF

Box Includes:

20" Satellite Dish 500

Universal mount that lets you put the dish on your roof or exterior wall of your house

DishPro Twin Lnbf (for 110, 119) is included.

Only $99

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
thanks LK for the links and explanation. Can I then use the old DISH that Im taking off to get 61.5?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9366
yes U can add the 2nd dish with 61.5 and connect both dishes via a disque switch..it can create more problems for the FEW channels available on 61.5, but yes u can do that..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
LK, would everything included in this auction do the trick for my needs according to your recommendation?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dish-500-w-LegacyTwin-LNB-Dual-Fastest-Shipping-on-ebay_W0QQ itemZ280111312562QQihZ018QQcategoryZ32844QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks
Angelo

Gold Member

Post Number: 9381
No...U do NOT want LEGACY Twin LNB's...U want Dish Pro (DP) Twin LNB's...or 2 dual legacy LNB's and a disque switch....I thought I made that clear..

Dish Network DISH 500 Antenna with a DishPro Twin LNBF

DishPro Twin Lnbf (for 110, 119) is included.

it has a TWIN Dish Pro (DP) LNB ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
LK, how about this one which is the Dish Network 500 Complete Dish Dishpro Twin LNB FTA

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dish-Network-500-Complete-Dish-Dishpro-Twin-LNB-FTA_W0QQ itemZ320112343208QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32844QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks
Angelo

Gold Member

Post Number: 9404
yep..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2620
C/P
"WTF...wow, is this NOT true!...some very WRONG statements here..but typical of LK.. "

If you are planning to add 61.5 and perhaps later have a second receiver, get two dual LNBs (on a bracket) for 110/119 and a separate dual for the 61.5. Process the signals through two DiseqC switches and you will not have problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Nalin Myda, actually what I plan on doing is using the old receiver with 1LNB for 61.5

What if I only stick with 1 receiver and have 2 satellites hooked up? Would I need the two DiseqC switches then?

thanks
Angelo

Gold Member

Post Number: 2624
Enas Filos : IF YOU ARE PLANNING MORE THAN ONE DISH AND THREE SATS 110/119/61.5, DO NOT USE A DN TWIN ON ANY OF THEM, - INSTEAD USE THREE SINGLES OR THREE DUALS, BETWEEN TWO DISHES.
I only suggested duals because once the job is done, you are ready for two receivers and the three sats without having to come to the forum to get abused by some people unnecessarily.
Also, I live in snowy Canada, and am very concerned about advice in this and other forums of making people climb up to the roof frequently - hence I always err on the side of getting more than enough done on the roof in good weather once for all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Nalin Nyda, i want to keep it simple and wont be using a 2nd receiver at all. Are you saying that I cant get 110/119 with this dish http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dish-Net work-500-Complete-Dish-Dishpro-Twin-LNB-FTA_W0QQitemZ320112343208QQihZ011QQcateg oryZ32844QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and use a standard 1LNB Dish for 61.5?

thanks
Angelo

Gold Member

Post Number: 2627
Enas Filos:The above URL is not coming through. If it has a twin LNB and you are going to use it with another dish for 61.5, then there is a very good chance that you will run into problems, now and in future.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Nalin Nyda, what if I only decide to stick with one Dish for 110/119 and not go with 2nd Dish? Would I be ok with the twin LNB?

thanks
Angelo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
LK, what is your take on Nalin Nyda's comments?

thanks
Angelo

Gold Member

Post Number: 2628
A twin LNB on its own will usually work. Some FTAs have a power supply problem with Dishro. A dishpro plus is a definite NO-NO.
For those embarking on a new set up, it is better that they start off with a single or two singles or two duals as need be.
For those considering two Dishes for three Sats with FTA receivers, it is best to avoid the twin LNB.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2629
If you are planning to power the LNBs and switches separately, then the Dishpro plus with APPROPRIATE SWITCHES and APPROPRIATE POWER is very good for a multi-sat multi receiver setup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9410
nalin is a complete azzhole who talks outs of it too!...Ignore her...she will confuse U and mislead U...and cause U nothing but problems with her WRONG info!...she is really a newbie with FTA. who posts alot of BS here..

Thousands of people use the Dish Pro Twin LNB for the 110 and 119 and a 2nd dish with the 61.5 ....or the Dish Pro twin is GREAT for just 1 dish, 2 receivers and the 110 and 119..

and Do NOT use a Dish Pro Plus with "appropriate" power and switches, as suggested by nada nalin..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
thanks LK for clearing that up and for all your help.

Angelo

Gold Member

Post Number: 2630
C/P
"WTF...wow, is this NOT true!...some very WRONG statements here..but typical of LK.. "

Username: Youarenumber1

Post Number: 5
can anybody help me to get channel editor for pansat 2700?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2703
Try
http://www.dssrookie.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us