Fortec Star Ultra problems with Autoroll and Keys.

Username: Vinaybhai

Post Number: 3
Hi,

I've been experiencing problems with my Fortec Ultra Star.

Firstly, yesterday, i received an error which said "Positioning satellite", so i restored Factory Settings.

After this, I scanned for the dishnet channels, then i entered the active keys.
6F 19 5F DE BF 78 80 8E

I know that these are working because the channels work for a certain period of time, and then they disappear.

I've been looking around in other threads, they have mentioned something about disabling the autroll feature, and then turning it back on.

I am very unclear on this procedure, if someone could please verify the procedure for setting up channels, active keys, and the autoroll feature settings, that would be great.

Also, I'm not sure which bin version my fortec star is running on right now, but the setup was working fine before i restored the factory settings.

Also, my menu is the one where it goes from
Menu -> Parental Control -> Second Pin (0000)
-> Nagravision 2
->Key 01 01
00,and 01
or
-> Autoroll Feature
-> Keycode ON/OFF
Dishnet roll ON/OFF
-------------- ON/OFF
Globecast ON/OFF

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

-Vinay

Username: Tainja

Glengoff, St. Cath Jamaica

Post Number: 6
After you load the BIN make sure you go down and set default key in the same parental control menu.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9259
to shut off autoroll...keycode ON..then OFF for all of the next 3 (Dishnet, globecast, bev etc)...shut off autoroll AFTER U enter the keys and save them..keep autoroll off and just manually enter keys to prevent any future problems..latest bin is 293T

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2538
Vinay: The problem you are expereincing is fairly common on 290T BIN, and now and then, on 293T BIN.
If the problem persists after the usual recovery methods, do the following:
1. Do factory reset.
2. Load 280T or 281T. Do not attempt to rescan yet.
3. Load 288T or 289T. Set autoroll off, set date, time, and time zone, rescan at least one sat, and enter keys manually.
4. You can continue viewing TV at this point adding other Sats if you have connections.
5. You can also load 293T BIN at this point, and turn autoroll on. It has autoroll feaures. You may get occasional resets or searching signal with 293T and you can come out of it by switching off at back and switching on after 30 seconds. You can also set autoroll off on 293T BIN to prevent the resets.

In all of above, please note that you must use clonesafe BINs which, for your receiver, always end with a T.

Bronze Member
Username: Anchu

Post Number: 28
hi nalin, i have fortec star life time ultra, i want to put new bin, can you pls let me know which one woking fine currently and i need a url. also i need instruction to load and program it. thanks pls mail anchu67@hotmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2547
anu sing : The current good BINs for Forect Ultra are 288T, 289T and 293T. Note that they all end with a T - clone safe.
The instructions should be obtained from the site where you download the software.
You will need,
1. Straight RS232 DB9 F/F cable.
2. BL Updater 1.4 (software for uploading the bIN into your receiver)
3. Either 288T, 289T or 293T BIN.
The 288T and 289T require manual input of keys, after turning auto roll off. Current keys are posted in the "New Keys" thread of this forum.
The 293T has an autoroll feature, and the autoroll should be on for the keys to roll in automatically.

Make sure you unzip files before using.
Make sure you set date, time, and time zone after uploading the BIN to your receiver.

With 293T BIN you may get occasional resets or searching signal and you can come out of it by switching off at back and switching on after 30 seconds. You can also set autoroll off on 293T BIN to prevent the resets.

[link removed]
Go to Fortec ultra section or Pantec section for the files and instructions.
Best of luck.

Username: Supasharp

Post Number: 1
Here is another site that list the latest keys, but who knows how long they will be up for

http://www.tvftakeys.info

Bronze Member
Username: Alibaba_can

Post Number: 34
Hi

I have a Fortec lifetime ulra and and my signal is stuct on 31 percent even though is show 82 on my CoolS*t any sugestion how I can fix it
Thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2665
ali baba: I have posted a reasonable amount of information just two posta above. DO IT!!!

Username: Benastuce

Post Number: 1
hi all,
patched my lifetime ultra(fortec) with the 293 t, but didn't manage to get any channel even the free ones.
my signal is 74/74, even with downloading a channel list i've no image on the screen.
when i make factory reset...i loose all satellites like hotbird and others , have names likes echo...
if s.one can help that could be grate...many thanks
Fortec star lifetime ultra
293 t
Paris.

Post Number: 2
Help above please....

Gold Member

Post Number: 9546
If U don't even get the FREE in the clear channels, then U have a hardware issue or wrongr antenna receiver configuration settings...poor alignment, bad scan, bad cable/connections etc..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9547
also U need the current keys...I suggest u do some serious 20 hours of reading..

Post Number: 3
thanks Lk for you answer.
i've downgraded to 290 patch...and loaded my channel list...all is workin (free channels appear)..and scan works also...repatched 293t...nothing again.
actually all is ok may be antenna settings on 293t are diffrent...i'll see
if you have some idea...please answer..that could help me...many thanks again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9549
recheck the antenna dish settings in your receiver....LNB type, freq-11250, disque port, etc..

sometimes, but not usually, a new bin will change the antenna/dish settings..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2712
Ramzi: Thw 290T patch was selective (DN or BEV). People are having problems upgrading to 293T. I suggest as follows:
1. Do factory reset.
2. Install 280T or 281T BIN
3. Trun off receiver, turn on after 40 seconds.
4. Install 293T BIN.
5. Do use setup including date, time, time zone.
6. Scan a satellite and set autoroll on.
7. You may also set autoroll off and enter kesy manually if autoroll wont work. Make sure key code is on.

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 360
also you should remember to reset the time and date .. Reseting factory settings changes everything. NO channels and sat ontill you scan. Sometimes all you need to do is turn the receiver off and back on from the back switch to get things back working. its not always the bin or outside hardware. The receivers are to blame too.

Post Number: 4
i've tried all you said, but need to know exactly the satellite i've to scan, my dish is an universal single, fixed on hotbird and i'm in Paris
many thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 376
Echo 8/10 (110) and echo 7 (119)i would try these out if they dont work for you then Lk or Nalin may sudjest others . here are some links that may help you fime the sats.
http://www.danamira.com/?id=11
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Business/Specific_Application_Calculators/Sat ellite_Finder.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2725
Ramzi:
At Ecoustics, we are usually talking about satellites reachable from North America. and most, if not all, of the instructions, keys, etc., are related to an encryption code called Nagravision 2.
My apologies to you that I did not realise you were in Europe although looking at your original post, you stated that you were interested In Hotbird.
The following URL will give you a list of sites you can access for help in Europe.

http://www.brymar.co.uk/public_html/autorank/autorank.html

The following URL will give you information on encryption on Hotbird and Eurobird satellites. Hotbird 6, 7a, and 8 are listed at 13 degrees East.

http://www.lyngsat*com/europe.html (Change * to .)

The encryption used in europe is:
onax
Irdeto 2
Mediaguard 2
Nagravision 2
Viaccess
Videoguard
PowerVu

Of these, on Fortec Ultra with 293T BIN you will only get free channels and those listed with Nagravision 2 encryption.

I hope this clarifies the issues. My apologies again.

Post Number: 5
tank you very much for all your help.
I found a pal europeen called 300_api, that works good, for those who are in europe lookin for help, you have to patch with the software, hard reset, scan, and set default key, after you wait on France 4 channel and than Magic...it's workin.
CU

Gold Member

Post Number: 2733
Thanks for the info and I am glad you are up and running.

Username: Henry27375

Post Number: 2
Hi, I am new in this and I need info, I have a dish 500 from dish network, I have already cancelled it, can I use this dish for an viewsat ultra, can anyone help me how to configure this box?
I spend money on this box, because a friend told me that I was only going to need the box, but he didn't tell me that I had to configure the box.now I don't know what to do, can anybody help me please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2738
miguel cortez :
I have started another thread for you and you will find your answers there.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/358662.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us