Viewsat Ultrta on DN Dish

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2736
miguel cortez had this question in another thread.

Username: Henry27375

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 05:05 pm:
Hi, I am new in this and I need info, I have a dish 500 from dish network, I have already cancelled it, can I use this dish for an viewsat ultra, can anyone help me how to configure this box?
I spend money on this box, because a friend told me that I was only going to need the box, but he didn't tell me that I had to configure the box.now I don't know what to do, can anybody help me please.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2737
Miguel: I have started this thread for you.

You should become a member and read at
http://www.totalfta.com
They are the official Viewsat site.

Other sites with good information are:
http://www.dssrookie.com
http://www.dssevolution.com

There are many others.
Go to the viewsat section and read in the forums and also in the files section. Learn how to instal a new BIN on Viewsat Ultra - it is easier than in most other receivers. You will need 2-3 hours of reading.
Some DN LNBs can give power supply problem to Viewsat. Again you hsould be able to read about it there and decide the route to take.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2668
Miguel - the answer to your question is yes. All you have to do is make sure you have the latest PGM file loaded (flashed) in your STB and configure the antenas as follows:

LNB Type = OSC-DP (for both 110 & 119)

Then under
DISEcQ:
119 = 1
110 = 2

Everything else stays the same. If you need to scan I will post proceedures for a perfect scan later.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2669
Unless you are running a third LNB you will not have any problems with the DishProPlus Equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9683
aahh, 1 thing...which dish 500 does he have?...there are variations of that dish...without that info,yes we can say that the dish 500 will work with the VS Ultra ...BUT now the LNB's on that dish will determine what switches (if any) and receiver settings, and possible need for an added power supply..many dish 500 have 2 dual legacy LNB's...then u have the dish pro 500 Twin with the DP twin LNB's ...and then the newer dish with the DPP LNB...so really info, regarding the EXACT LNB type on the dish is necesssary..

Post Number: 3
THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP IF YOY CAN SEND THE PRCEEDURES FOR THE SCAN PLEASE.

Post Number: 4
HOW I KNW WHICH I HAVE BECAUSE TEH DISH IS ON THE SECOND FLOOR OF MY HOUSE. THE DISH HAVE 2 CABLES AND 1 SWICH

Gold Member

Post Number: 2670
Perfect Scan with Dish500 and DishPro (Twin or Quad) LNB

-First you will need to reset factory defaults

-Then go into your Antenna Setup and configure

NOTE: If you are using Fortec or Pansat you will need to unselect the bird you are not scanning. To do this, use the arrows on your remote to deselect the sat.

- You will then set your LNB type to Standard and select the port on the DISEcQ where for this sat (119 = 1 & 110 = 2).

NOTE: If you are scanning 119 then 110 should be unselected and in the DISEcQ option it should read NONE.

- Now commence your blind scan.

NOTE: At the end of this process do the same for next sat repeating the steps above. Once you have completed all scans you will need to go back and reconfigure your antennas as follows:

For Fortecs and Pansats:

LNB TYPE = DishPro
DISEcQ -- 119 = 1 and 110 = 2.

The remaining options will stay the same. Keep in mind that depending on your location you may or may not have any signal on the first TP that appears in your settings for 119. Do not alarm yourself with this.

For Viewsat Owners the steps are pretty similar, but all you do is turn the LNB Power Off in the Antenna Setup.

Once completed you will need to reconfigure as follows:

LNB TYPE = OSC-DP
DISEcQ -- 119 = 1 and 110 = 2.

Enjoy!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2671
Thanks LK! I did forget to mention/take that into consideration!

How is it going? Been a while....

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9686
nice to see you too...things are well...quit drinking and smoking, and I have taken up running and lifting and a new fitness kick again, along with alot of golf lately, so I have slowed down on the Dss stuff, especially the BS here..finally shooting in the high 80's CONSISTENTLY now, where I was a mid 90's player... and bought and flipped a couple houses recently, so I have been active but not here....I'll come visit U more at ftabins..

Post Number: 5
THANKS FOR EVERITING I GOING TO STAR

Post Number: 6
I'M SORRY MY RECEIVER IS VIEWSAT ULTRA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us