PPVs are gone???

Username: Ftan2zyast

Post Number: 1
N e 1 loosing ppv?
no signal on ppv TP's but only on 8.10
119 is good
Checked all conections same problem on two STB's (pansat2700) i do have some channels on 110
could LMB go bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisduclo

Post Number: 30
if you have any channels on 110 then your lmb is good... if you haven't scanned your channels, in a while, they sometimes change tps. so you have to rescan the sat to get them at their new respective tp.

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisduclo

Post Number: 31
oh yeah... all your ppv and adult should be working as good as your other channels. a little trial you can do is to check the ppv tp that isnt working and compare it to another non ppv channel of the same tp. if the non ppv channel is working and the ppv not then you need to rescan the sat to recieve all the correct channels.

Username: Ftanl

Post Number: 5
oh yeah... all your ppv and adult should be working as good as your other channels. a little trial you can do is to check the ppv tp that isnt working and compare it to another non ppv channel of the same tp. if the non ppv channel is working and the ppv not then you need to rescan the sat to recieve all the correct channels.

I also have a problem with a viewsat ultra. Everything on it is updated & was working fine. I moved it from my house to the cottage & upon returning home hooked it up again & a lot of channels were missing. I hooked up different Viewsat & Captive works and everything worked perfect.

I've checked & double checked every configuration over & over with no apparent difference between the 2 viewsats with exception to one having no signal on about 20 TP FREQ. example:

12253 .....20000.....V....5/6 No Signal
12224....20000......V.....5/6 No Signal
12311....20000.....V......7/8 No Signal
12574...20000......V.....7/8 No Signal

These are mostly XXX channels & PPV movies.
I wouldn't bother you with this, but I'm totally lost.
I've tried every trick in the book..with no luck.

I have a strong S&Q on every other channel, but those transponders or FREQ are simply out to lunch on this unit. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A+
Jason
I have my receiver hooked directly to the dish.
PS. When I do an antenna configuration I use:
nimiq1,3
LNB Universal/Standard

I click save & when I go back the 12239 is changed to 12224 where I have no signal.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 801
DN moves channels around, and, they try to do it in such a way to exploits bugs in FTA autoTP features (remember: fta bin is merely an emulation of a genuine dn receiver). So, in the time it took you to move your receiver channels moved. Especially this weekend with the big fights coming on PPV.

Just try deleting all channels and doing a blind scan on all sats.

I would suspect DN will be playing this game for another 24 hours...

Post Number: 9
Thanks Jason, but what I don't understand is I have 2 receivers 1 hooked up in each bed room. Both are running from the dish with LNB 1 LNB2 etc.. I've checked 1 Viewsat Ultra & everything is working fine. The other one is getting some channels, but no PPV or XXX. I've checked everything, including changing the receiver hook up out side. Still the same thing.

This really has me puzzled. When I go to do a channel scan & enter my antenna config the 12239 transponder changes back to 12224 even after I save the 12239..
nimiq1,3
LNB Universal/Standard

Silver Member

Post Number: 802
there's a lot going on behind the scenes with autotp. delete your channels and do your blind scans on second receiver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks again Jason, but I've already done that about a 1000 times & each time I'm missing the channels altogether. They don't even show up because the TP has no signal when the scan is in progress.

I lose all the XXX & about half the PPV. The only way I could get the channels back on the guide was to load VO119ULTRA-VIEWSAT.PGM. The same result some channels working most of the PPV & XXX not. Got anything else up your sleeve?

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
well, the only thing that comes to mind is that your first receiver somehow kept in sync with the channel-tp changes and the second didn't.

Does your second receiver have the exact same bin as first receiver? Is your second receiver hooked into the same satellites as your first receiver? Did you try a factory reset (to clear all of what's in your receiver's memory) and then scans?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I've checked the bins on both receivers. The one that wasn't working had a different bin. So I reloaded the same bin as on the good receiver.

I noticed some weird stuff before I changed the bins. The one that wasn't working had different settings for Auto Roll. I could AR ALL/BV/DN/OFF & on the good one the one with an older bin on it the AR settings were ON/OFF only. I'm beginning to think the newer bin I loaded killed the Auto TP.

With the factory reset. Is this the same as factory default? If so, I've done that and it still has the same updated bin. Can I load a factory file to bring it back to the way it arrived? Then enter the new bin & antenna config & then scan??

Silver Member

Post Number: 804
autoroll shouldn't be an issue because you are only missing SOME channels and not ALL. Get your malfunctioning receiver to the latest bin and keep your autoroll and autoTP on.

Do a factory reset (same as factory default), reload the latest bin (you don't need to first load the factory bin), put your settings back and do you blind scans.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Do you have a viewsat Ultra? If so, does the latest bin end in 421U?? The one that is working ends in 407U.

I'm lost. I'll try the factory default. & load the same file that's on the good one, even if it's an older file. The newer one is not working. I read on here of people suggesting doing the factory reset a couple times/leave the receiver off for a week etc.. & then loading the new bin. I can't see any of that making a difference Do you?
Thanks again A+

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9333
Swap receivers and see what happens...and do a factory reset/default 3x before U upload the latest and same bin as the working receiver..

Silver Member

Post Number: 805
I don't have a VS, but I believe you need: PFTAUSW-070502U.PGM

Silver Member

Post Number: 806
Btw, you don't have to let your receiver sit unpowered for a week after a factory reset.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks Jason. I just found it on another site. Released a couple days ago. The one I was using was about 3 weeks old. Thank-You maybe this will work.. I'll let you know if it works. A+

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Yeah that suggestion sounded a little far fetched... However, at that point I was willing to try anything..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Jason one more quick question for ya. What frequency step should I use??. I can choose anything from 5-16.. So far the blind scan is turning up the same results on the bug receiver. The other one is still working fine on the old bin.

I'm not sure about this, & maybe it's a stupid question. When the scan is taking place the TP jumps from lets say 10020 10025 10035 If I have frequency step selcted for 5 the 10020 10025 makes sense. I'm thinking it scans 10020,10021,10023,10024,10025 but the next skip to 10035 doesn't.I'm losing 10 TP in between & this is where I'm losing the PPV & XXX TP. I think 12253 is XXX & it's not even sowing up in a scan no matter what frequency step I choose.

Somewhere along the way I changed a setting in the TP section. If I did the factory default would it put everything back original? If I deleted a TP by mistake would the factory default reload the one I deleted? Maybe these are stupid questions, but right now I'm looking at every angle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 808
Seeing as you were changing settings during your troubleshooting process, do a factory reset. With your new bin loaded and a factory reset you should be back to square one (i.e. fix any settings you might have altered).

Put your antenna settings back. And now do your scans.

Don't worry about what frequencies are on what TPs, etc... Just do a *blind* scan. The blind scan should check all frequencies on all TPs. A regular scan will scan only the freq's pre-programmed into the satellite profile on your bin. 'Blind' is exaclty that: it's blind to your bin satellite profile; it checks all freqs on all transponders.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Thanks Jason..I owe you one. Seems like theres a lot of professionals in here & your the only one offering some help. My hat goes off to you. A+
Thanks again
Jason

Silver Member

Post Number: 810
Np. Good luck. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2595
Jason Borne : It has been a pleasure reading the way you helped FTANL.

Bronze Member
Username: Alwyzlosty

Post Number: 59
Nalin or Jason can you guys help me please. I want to watch channel 455 ppv fight and I have a pnst2500a DN and when I change the channel to 455 it is national geographic. Is it my channel list or something. I need this fixed before my husband comes home so he can watch the fight I don't know what I did wrong I am desperate!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 813
try deleting all of your channels, then do blind scans for sats 110 (Echo 7) and 119 (Echo 8/10). channel 455 is on sat 119.

Blind scans take longer than regular scans, but they are more accurate.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
It's me again. I stayed up until 5am the other morning & did the fixes & blind scans like you suggested & still no signal for some PPV & all XXX on TP 12553 or 12253 not sure..

I watched every TP as it rolled through the blind scan & usually I get the XXX at the very beginning of every scan. Maybe 10 channels come through & then the XXX. Now I get 1 XXX PV channel & the PlayB.

What bird are the XXX on? If I do a blind scan it shouldn't matter right? Remember, I have 2 receivers & the other one is working fine, so dish alignment & stuff is good. I have B3V keys locked on..do I need DN keys also? This is really starting to get time consuming. anu help would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 820
If both receivers are coming off of the same dish then you are correct in saying the dish alignment is okay.

Now, you've also got the latest working bin with your autoTP feature turned on, did your blind scans, so any channels that are moved shouldn't be "lost".

It sounds like your second receiver is not set up correctly in the antenna settings or the way your lnbs are wired. Make sure that you have the correct mappings between your lnbs and switch ports. Also, make sure that you have the correct lnb types assigned. Maybe compare the second receiver's settings to your working receiver's settings.

I'm also assuming that your dish's lnbs are dual output and that you have two switches - one for each receiver.

For the basic Bev package you need to be pointed to Nimiq 1.3 (91 deg) and Nimiq 2 (82 deg). You need only Bev keys, but your keys should be fine with autoroll turned on and the fact that you have other channels.

Silver Member

Post Number: 821
This hobby can initially be time-consuming. There's a steep initial learning curve; but once you past doing your reading, it's easy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Hi Jason,

I tried everything you suggested. Here are the specs on my setup.

2 receivers running off 1 dish LNB 1 for first receiver & LNB 2 for second.

My antenna configuration for Nimiq 1,3:

LNB Power: On
LNB Type: Universal
LNB High: 11250
LNB Low 9750
TP Freq: 12239 (12224 is defaulted & shows no signal)
Disequ 1.0 : None
Motor: off
Legacy SW: none

To by pass some possible problems I just hooked the bad receiver into LNB 1 where the good receiver was hooked up. Did blind scan using the settings above & still missing half the PPV & all but one of the XXX.

Any suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Me again... I did the following again.

Loaded Factory File
System rebooted & showed all the channels for 119
Did Factory Default
Loaded Latest Fix
(Caution Don't power off)So I never.
System was flashed rebooted & never came on automaticly. System powered up, but never went back to the main menue or on screen graphic. I had to hit the power button on the front to get the graphics back. Before that I was just getting a snowy channel. (Nothing)

Turned it on & did my blind scan & still no PPV or XXX.

Shouldn't it power back up by itself the second time,like it did when I loaded the Factory File?

If not, Should I hit the power switch on the back instead of the front?

Silver Member

Post Number: 822
You need to have each receiver plugged into BOTH lnbs. So you will need dual-output lnbs. Dual lnbs have two cable output connectors. Without having your receiver hooked into both lnbs, you will always be missing some channels.

The Bev package works like this:
Part of the channel package is on Nimiq 1.3 and the rest is on Nimiq 2. It sounds like you have 1 receiver on Nimiq 1.3 and the other receiver on Nimiq 2. The thing that is probably confusing you is that there are common channels between the two satellites.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Thanks again Jason. However, that still doesn't explain why one receiver works from the same dish while the other one doesn't. Even when I unhook the good one & hook up the problem one to the exact same LNB from the exact same room etc.. if one receiver works so should the other.

First when I hooked up the dish I was locked on Nimiq 2 where I was geting a lot of different stuff, but not many english channels. Nimiq 2 was where I was getting AOM or something it was a XXX channel. Hardly any good programming on nimiq 2.

I realigned my dish & locked onto nimiq 1,3. where all the regular, ppv, xxx, sports etc.. was at. Everything worked fine & still does on 1 receiver.

It's defenitly a unit issue. Nothing to do with my dish,hook-up etc.. Only the unit itself is where the problem lies. & maybe human error on my part. I've tried everyting... Stupid question.. Will the factory default bring it back to where it was when I first bought it new? if so, I would lean towards believing a simple latest fix will bring "all" the channels back with a blind scan. Right?? Well I've done it & no luck..

Silver Member

Post Number: 823
You're correct: if one receiver works on a specific lnb then so should another receiver. But, when you tried the second receiver on the "working" lnb, did you change the antenna settings on the receiver to reflect that you're on a different lnb?

Also, are you scanning on *all* polarities? If you've scanned Nimiq2 on all polarities you should get a lot of english channels. I'm hooked into only Nimiq2 and not Nimiq1 (because I'm too lazy to climb on my roof to fix my broken Nimiq1 lnb) and I get a lot of channels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Hi Jason,

After all the posting & tit sucking I finally figured it out. I need a new Tip42c. I was missing channels because the freq was locked on H polorization. The channels I was missing were all on Vertical.

I don't know if there is another solution rather than buying a new part, but I will certainly research more to see. Thanks for all your help. A+++
FTANL

Silver Member

Post Number: 826
Yes, blown transistor can cause bad scanning. To switch between horiz and vert polarities, a receiver will put out either 13v or 18v

13V = Horizontal
18V = Vertical

Blown transistor can lock you on to either voltage, or, can register 0 volts where you can't scan at all.

The only thing you can do is replace the transistor. At least they're inexpense.

Good troubleshooting!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2637
Patience and perseverence pays off. My hats off to you two.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9435
Geeze...i wonder where she heard that..."patience and perserverance"....LMAO...I have a puppet here!...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2641
Watch out. Ignorant LK has come to ruin the thread.

Bronze Member
Username: Satscannerr

Post Number: 46
well guys. we gonna have a party. me and my friends all of us are cool and g*ays. so anyone is welcomed i will post the place. it will be fun believe me. all you can fu*ck for free really . i bet no one can take a dic*k like i do . i love sucking too .

Gold Member

Post Number: 2646
LK aka Satscanner:
Unfortunately for you the entire credit goes to Jason and you are too late to do anything about it.
You cna go and party alone as you always do and pretend that you have a lot of friends.
It would be better to go to see your psychiatrist.

Silver Member

Post Number: 827
Actually, FTANL found the solution.

Relax, guys, it's Friday - weekend's here - drink and be merry and all that jazz! :-D

Gold Member

Post Number: 9458
nada nalin..satscanner is cartier, not me, and FTANL did find the problem himself...but jason offered many suggestions and mysedlf offered also...so STFU and learn to read before U post and bash the wrong people for no reason..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2653
C/P
"The last post is by a LK, a well known psychomaniac and does not add to the information contained in this thread."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us