Pansat 2700 99%signal - NoQuality

Username: Vknike

Post Number: 3
I have one of my Pansat 2700 that is showing 99% of Signal but 0% quality.
I have tested my other 2700s in the same connection and they work fine.
Does anyone know what can possibly be happening to my receiver and what can I do to fix it?

Bronze Member
Username: Worldftacom

North, FL USA

Post Number: 70
Make sure that you have the correct lnb type and switch setup the same as your other receivers.
Make sure the lnb cable is plugged into the correct connection on the receiver.
Check the cable connections..If all are correct, then check the output voltage of the lnb connection..it should be 13v or 18v depending on what type of lnb you have setup in the antenna setup. If no output voltage then you have a bad port on the receiver or something shorted inside.
Hope this helps..

worldfta.com

Username: May_queen

Post Number: 4
I have 3500SD which shows 99% signal but quality fluctuates rapidly between 0-99% on almost all TPs. Unfortunately, I only have one receiver (connected directly to dish300 and standard LNB). Wonder if you could add the input here for something like that. And, of course, I would like to hear how Vic checks out his problem. Thank you.

Post Number: 5
Also, how could I check output voltage from LNB? Sorry, I am a newbee!

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 788
You must use a multimeter, set to measure DC voltage, to measure the output voltage. Red probe goes on the center conductor and the black probe goes on the outside connector.

The voltage will depend on which channel (every channel uses a certain polarity) you have your receiver tuned to. So, just look for 13v or 18v and don't worry about which one you have. If you have no voltage very low voltage then you have a receiver problem.

Username: Carter_g

Post Number: 1
STOP.......Instead of looking out side the box...look inside...I had the very same problem. It took a lot of reading and research to find the answer. Everybody kept saying re-align dish, re-scan this and that, turn off and on, etc, etc. Those solutions did nothing to help my problem... This "DID" solve my problem. Replace C-13 and C-14 capacitors inside the unit. They are on the board that the power ties into. They are also labeled C-13 and C-14.( on the board ) This does require some de-soldiering and re-soldiering.( not hard to do ) They are 470µF at 16v, and I replaced the with 470µF at 25v. You can safely increase the voltage but I wouldn't change the µF value. I am no expert but I have been into FTA a couple of years now, and yes this is my first post but, I'm fairly sure this will solve your problem.

Post Number: 6
carter, would the LNB voltage give any indication for that? So that we can confirm before changing the capacitors. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Thakkar2000

Post Number: 41
check the LNB type and freq. settings....make sure they are same as the ones that are in the reciver that works

Bronze Member
Username: Thakkar2000

Post Number: 42
that should be under installation and satellite settings menu

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1091
My advice would be the same as Carter's. A lot of people solved the no quality problem with that procedure. Capacitors cost a few bucks and are easy to replace.

Username: Vknike

Post Number: 4
Is there a reasoning why will a capacitor go bad. The receiver was working perfectly fine before.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1094
Probably poor quality capacitors, they started leaking in most cases.

Silver Member

Post Number: 789
Before replacing any capacitors or transistors on the power supply, you should first measure the voltages cominging off your supply. The voltages are listed either on the main board or the supply.

Bronze Member
Username: Happyyash

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 34
my expereince.:-

I had exactly same problem if you check my posts few weeks ago.
In my case my receiver was pretty new.
I had read a post on other website to change capacitors but there was no clear cut explanation by user whether that solved his problem.
I had decided to get it fixed by sending email to panarex(manufacturer). I was suggested to try factory settings and uploading latest bin.
I did the same.
(Simultaneously , I had replaced super Dish with dish 1000 as a free upgrade from Dish network)
Since then I have had no issues.
In essence,the Thought of replacing capacitors crossed my mind but fortunately after loading new bin and having new dish in my case WORKED.

just reporting for you to try if same options are available to you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 791
That's true Subb. Always try the simplest things first (factory settings, reload bin, check and recheck receiver setup, etc...).

If all that fails then you might have to go on the web and do a bit of research for problems related to your particular receiver.

But, I have heard of Pansat 2700's having crappy power supplies which causes the receiver to not power up.

Bronze Member
Username: Pretty2798

Philadelphia, PA United states

Post Number: 11
kinda new to this i can't get all my channels because my transponders are changing. please someone help me.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1096
What receiver do you have Jamila? In most cases you can turn the auto TP on until it rolls then turn it off again. That is if your auto TP is off to begin with. As far as changing capacitors, I would try everything else first but the majority of the time, changing the capacitors worked.

Post Number: 8
Carter, you were right! my quality prob fixed with C13/C14 swap. Thanks much!

This C13/C14 capacitor fix is good for Pansat 3500SD and 2700.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9188
good info post,if U own a Pansat...I didn't realize just how bad/poor quality they really were, for this to be a common problem....I have had a few and know they suck, but had no idea that were that bad!...most other sites don't mention this, and most receivers never need this..NO quality is usally fixed 99.9% of the time with other solutions..

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 472
VIC i had the same problem . i did rflash with the factory bin and latest fix bin . and voilaaaaaaaaa.

jamila no help for you go away :-)

Username: Exhausted

Post Number: 1
hi everyone i perchased a 2700a it woked for a week then no picture i have a nightrider lite
going back and forth

Username: Exhausted

Post Number: 2
any information would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 504
www.pansatusa.com/qna.html
#6 should help

Username: Tankbukkake

Post Number: 3
About a week ago, i started losing my channels little by little. Ive put the newest keys, turnned of autoroll,and i even bought a new cable(from the satelite to the reciver)and still no luck.On some channels i get high signals but no picture and on others i get zero signal.The only thing i havent done is update the bin(i dont have the adaption)but i dont need to update it unless im putting the new keys right??? Well thanks alot in advance for any help you give me. ) Oh and ive also fooled around with the disq but no such luck

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2514
I am glad LK is learning about the power supply problem of 3500s. I have been telling him for the last three months about the power supply problem and instead, throughout the winter, he has been sending people to the roof to adjust alignment and change LNBs!

LK, continue reading and learning and you will be able to advice better. It requires humility though - which you do not have even an ounce of.
By the way, you do not learn by back scratching, or having cronies post nice words for you.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9195
nada...U are a sad excuse for a human...now SUDDENLY U are an authority on this, but NEVER once EVER even mentioned this...U are a JOKE!...get back on the streets and give free head!...and treat your camel while your at it...the goats can wait til later...LMAO...see ya haji!

BTW haji nada... U wouldn't know anything about dish alignments cause U NEVER have done one...LMAO...all u do is talk BS about keys and your cheap 2500 clone pantec!....give more head and save your nickels, someday U may be able to afford a real receiver..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2523
LK: Your personality is such that every time you fail and it is pointed out to you, you get completely lost.
In the meantime, I sugeest you go and learn about Pansat power supply about which I alerted you closed 2-3 months ago. AND SHUP UP TILL YOU LEARN.

Your obsenity cannot hid the fact that you have made several people take risks climbing on their roofs during the winter. You do not understand what it is like to climb a roof in the middle of Canadian winter.

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 98
about the capacitors...amd boards had them and every one had bad stuff leaking or bulged from the capasitors.. they gave warranty on the board although it cost $ to do the work...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
i bet there was a super deal on condensers then.lolvh

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
vic ...any electronic part can fail..not usualy a condenser ..unless its wrong from the start..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us