Username: May_queen

Post Number: 1
Having trouble with Echo 61.5.

Dish300
Pansat3500SD b80-X-05BL_070411_319_api.bin
LNB Standard
(No Switches, direct cable to receiver)

Signal 99% all the time.

Quality keeps quick jumping 0% - 99% on TPs. Unable to lock. Bad/pixle picture and bad audio when quality goes up and then No Signal when quality drops.

Started two days ago. Was working fine in the afternoon and started this trouble in the evening.

Checked dish direction, no change happened. Its pretty solid set-up.

Checked cabling, no problem visible.

No change in the receiver set-up until this started. Blind scan finds nothing, goes forever.

Reloaded bin. Same result.

Any help appreciated! Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9133
I would lean towards a bad cable or connection (replace them)...or the dish has moved slightly, even if it "appears" to be the same as before ....or u have some new spring growth from trees/branches now interfering..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9134
I would lean towards a bad cable or connection (replace them)...or the dish has moved slightly, even if it "appears" to be the same as before ....or u have some new spring growth from trees/branches now interfering...and its possible but not probable, that your LNB went dixie..

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the pointers, LK.

I checked for any obstruction and movement and it looks like everything is clear and dish had not moved.

Will check for cable/connection. Is there any way to check for that from the receiver end? Such as using continuity tester or like? Otherwise I will get up and try the cable/connection.

I was suspecting LNB because quality comes and goes, most of the times in a sort of cyclic manner. I thought that if cable/connection/alignment was the problem, it would not be fluctuating repeatedly?

Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2648
The only way I can think of checking the cable from the receiver would be to use a small sat finder (the wistle) in between the receiver and the lnb but connecting it on the receiver end. Adjust it to half and then wiggle the cable at both ends. If the finder fades in and out, you have a cable problem.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1872
Or you can disconnect the coax at both ends,install a 75 ohm terminator,and check resistance with a ohm meter.

Poor mans ohm meter: attach flash light bulb at one end,[use hands to connect,or tape it,then with batterys attached by jumper wires at the other end wiggle the cable while checking continuity.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2650
This is why I always say, "Learning is a Never Ending Process". Sat - I just learned something today! Good Post.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 466
satscanner i would not give him help cuz he never include you in list of guys to help him .
PRFRMNJ, King, LK and anyone who can help. see you are left over you are anyone from his point of view. so you are second choice . hummmmmmm hooooooooooooo shhhhhh shhhhhhhh
i know it heurts but satscanner still second choice.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1880
cartier,if ppl need help killing their boxes,you'll be there first choice,I'm sure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9148
cartier's writing/grammar/spelling is getting better lately...I think the dumb fox is slipping...really starting to believe that he could be an admin...and trying to divide and conquer

cause nobody can really be as stupid as him!

Post Number: 3
Ok, Cartier. My next help request will include everybody (but you).

Thanks for the help, SatScanner, PRFRMNJ, LK! I will need to get busy on Sat to figure out this thing...

Post Number: 9
This was fixed by swapping C13/C14 capacitors. Future Fta has description for this specific problem for 3500SD and 2700 Pansats.

Thanks guys!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us