New guy.. pansat 2700a questions

Username: 0u7kas7

LAKELAND, FL USA

Post Number: 1
i set my reciever on factory settings lost all my channels and i also need new key codes. and cant download the ripper and cant find echo 100 and 119 on the installation menu. i know these questions probably been answered a hundred times but i cant find it any where and my computer wont let me downd load the ripper.(which i dont kno anything about). i searched all over thsi site and cant find the answer either so0o .. can sombody help me?

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 202
Master Senethep all your boot and bin files can be found at future-fta*info(replace the * for a .)you can download key ripper from dssevolution*com if not you can also go to dss-keys.com once you installed the updated bin file make sure keys are the same and scan echo7 and echo8 that should take care of it.

LAKELAND, FL USA

Post Number: 2
how do i install updated files and bins(what are bins) on to the reciever? and what keys are you talkin about? NAG 2?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9071
The old lady from Plant City comes over, and goes down Florida Ave, and does a NAG and inserts a pin into the receiver which makes it work..and next year it has better strawberries too..that is the key!

LAKELAND, FL USA

Post Number: 3
Now im lost? Strawberries and Recievers? wierd? what?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2430
MASTER SENETHEP: a BIN is a piece of software developed by people to enable you to view more channels than the original factory BIN. It is "uploaded" into your reciever using another software known as an "uploader". They are usually posted at many sites - individual BIN and uploader for each receiver is different from one another. Keys are the same for all receivers and are put in after uploading the BIN and sometimes they roll in automatically with the latest BINs. Sites to look at are:
http://www.totalfta.com (Viesat semiofficial site)
http://www.dssrookie.com
http://www.dssevolution.com
When you download the files from those sites, they come in zipped files and you will need to unzip them using winzip.exe, available from
http://www.winzip.com
You will also need the appropriate cable and instructions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9078
nalin is a narc for Lakeland and Plant City...but gives free head..

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2624
In FTA - Software is not uploaded to a receiver! It is downloaded from your computer to your receiver! It is also known as "Flashing"

You can however, upload software from your RECEIVER to your COMPUTER...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2439
Softare is always downloaded form a remote server to your computer and uploaded from your computer to elsewhere. That is why the famous BL updater 1.4 uses the word up.
If you have been in computing you will know the protocol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2627
I build computers, and yes half of what you say is right, but this is FTA and in FTA loading anything to your STB is known as DOWNLOADING! You may want to learn the lingo before attempting to correct someone! Which by the way if you open any loader (bl or otherwise) it's download or write to STB...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2628
Thank you; however, for providing more hits for your own thread "Nalin's Greates Hits"!

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 86
hi nalin whats wordup? last programming i did was in fortran and assembly.. pc's are the same as the old main frame that would be as big as my house..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2441
Ignorant people not knowing difference between download and upload, started using the waord downloading for computer to receiver. I do not see why I should accept the "new" convention. Once the dust settles and more computing people get involved, the mistake will be rectified, or the "new" convention will be accepted, just as the f word has been accepted. It does not mean that the f word should be used, if simply means that a lot of ordinary people use it.
At different times, different usage becomes accepted, e.g interjecting constantly with "Jesus" which is not so common nowadays, and now in Urdu, the constant interjection with the word "Inshallah" (God willing) amongst certain groups.
As of now, I do accept the word "downloading" for the procedure of updating the flash rom in the FTA receiver. I may change one day after a realistic assessment, but not from casual observation from a pretty bad language forum such as this is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2442
grub: Hi. I come from the world of assembly programming. Yes the PC of today is muc bigger than the mainframe of yeteryears. However, the procedural difference remains. A remote computer used to serve to the terminal and later to the samm desktop PC and that has not changed essentially. We still are served by the big computers or servers to our desktops and we still upload to the remote computers. so the exit of date from the desktop to something else remains the "uploading" procedure.
I have programmed eproms from my computer and the process was always described to me as programming if the eprom programmer was internal or uploading if it was external.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
i think you missed my question?.. or your still feud'n.. when your done... i'll ask again .thks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2631
We are not feuding! We are simply exchanging points of views and understanding.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
sorry you answed while i was typing...i'm so far behind..if wrote a program in basic can my pc compile it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2633
The easiest way to look at it is if you are extracting information from a server then you are downloading, if you are insterting information to a server "or in this case" an STB then you are uploading!

My point; however, was that if someone were to try to upload a file using the "Upload" option on most of BL Loaders, then any information on the STB would download to the computer. BL is bass ackward, but that still doesn't change the fact that flashing a receiver is comonly known as "Downloading".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
sorry for the dumb??? but from programming a while ago and using this 'pc' whow.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
i call it put'n in the correct info

Gold Member

Post Number: 2443
PRFRMNJ : Here are several examples of the word "Upload" in the context of our discussion. They are all from the favourite forums that you and I visit.

Can't upload bin or channel list - bad ZSINIT? - Al7bar*tk FTA ...
Can't upload bin or channel list - bad ZSINIT? Viewsat LITE.www.al7bar*tk/Forums/showthread.php?t=179162 - 46k - Cached - Similar pages

wont upload new bin - Satellite and FTA Forums
wont upload new bin Captiveworks 600p Discussion Section.[link removed] - 79k - Cached - Similar pages

BB N2 bin [Archive] '" Dsstester*com | FTA, DISH & DSS Forums
So it took the file no problem, i used the BB upload tool to reload the factory v5.01 bin. Then i turned off and back on the BB, used remote to get a ...forums.dsstester*com/vbb/archive/index.php/t-39306.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Al7bar *tk FTA Satellite Television Community, Audio/Video and more!
GUIDE & HOW-TO DOWNLOAD & UPLOAD ONLY!!! NO QUESTIONS--NO DISCUSSIONS! ...

Digiwave 7000. How to upload a new bin? - Curious Contraptions ...
2. Run FTLINK.exe to upload FTA.bin 3. Run FTLINK.exe to upload the latest "n2" bin (instead of "DG6800 10-0504.bin") As well, is there any easy way to ...www.fta-spot.com/upload_101t_bin_over_282t_bin_for_Fortec_Ultralll-t967.html - 56k - Cached - Similar pages

Gold Member

Post Number: 2444
grub: Programming in Basic is still in, but it is done using Visual Basic. It still remains Microsoft's main programming language in conjunction with C plus. The old Qbasic and other forms of compiled basic are now replaced by VB.
If you recall, there was programming dBase III and IV and in clipper. Microsoft preferred Visual Basic.
I do not know of the current status of Fortran in the programming world.
Most people have forgotten the use of Assembly language. Those who want to do "low level" programming are content with C plus and large libraries to link to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2634
Nalin - As I said, I agree with you in the meaning of the word, but in the FTA world (as dumb as it may sound and because of poorly written loading programs), the option of uploading only downloads information from your stb to your pc. Make no mistake about it, if and when this changes (and I hope it will) then this will be a non-issue. But the fact still remains that to the average person flashing a receiver if you say upload, they will select upload only to find out that option gets them no where.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2446
PRFRMNJ: Evidence was provided above of the usage of the word upload in the FTA world. I only posted 5-6 instances but there are many many more. You can google and find out for yourself.
If an Iraqui person can be taught the meaning of the word "democracy" and "vote", I do not see any problem in teaching the average person the use of the computing words. Gosh! 15 years ago the average person did not know the meaning of the word "email".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
i did dBaseII rows and columns.. thats funny that wndws still has basic in the os ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2635
Nalin - That's the problem with you! Even when someone agrees with you, you can't see it. What a waste of time....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
basic lets you put in a 'goto' stmt lol

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 453
LK YOU HAVE NOTHING your knowledge is very limited . all you have is screeming at poeple and trying to get to your fuckingggggggg 10000 bs post . LK it's time to get real friends and get the fuckkkkkkkkkkk out of this place. dont forget to take with you satscanner he is very lonely canadien fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk . and he knows nothing other than flashing pansat 2700

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
thks good info..now! one needs to download 'into' my computer 'upload ' from my computer...

LAKELAND, FL USA

Post Number: 4
im sorry for using the wrong terminology. im still new to the FTA world..i'll try to remember if i can.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 897

I am not taking sides, I don't build computers or know that much about them.But I do know that if you transfer a file from a server to your computer in the English lanuage it's called DOWNLOAD. Taking Cargo from a Train is to DOWNLOAD, Putting Cargo on the Train is to UPLOAD. Funking your old lady or girlfriend, you are Downloading.End of subject

Gold Member

Post Number: 9091
is that because U consider her your "server", so u refer to it as a "download"?...but if U are "putting cargo" in the train (girlfriend) than that would be "uploading"...lol...depends on your perspective..

I was a loadmaster at one time..and we downloaded cargo when emptying the aircraft (server), and we uploaded when placed cargo into the aircraft (receiver)....again its all perspective ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2448
grub: If you know BASIC, you can still use the very old MSDOS version "GWBASIC" and write short programs to get a quick answer. It is interpreted BASIC and extremely useful as a desktop tool.

Silver Member

Post Number: 902

Hey LK
You are wrong.
If she is on her back I am DOWNLOADING.
When I am on my back I am UPLOADING.
Now, are we on the same page?

Username: Aaroneous23

Post Number: 1
Another new guy to pansat. I already have dish set up and provided by my landlord. So I know the dish is pointed in the right direction. And when I go to the setting on my dish receiver it shows that i get the 110 119 and 148. But then I hook up my pansat and get no signal. I have messed with lnb, disec and all that. My signal level on my pansat is 27-31 and my quality is 0.
please help.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1866
You can get 110/119 on one dish,but you need a sepperate one for 148 [on the wing].Check your dish/es again,and your lnb type,then give us the proper info to help you.You have a connection/setting problem.

LAKELAND, FL USA

Post Number: 5
everything is workin properly but i have no BET channel. what do i do?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
don't bet

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
thks nalin

Silver Member

Post Number: 916

Hey M
There are seven (7) BET Channels listed.
which BET Channel are you lookinng for?

BTW....are you talking about a Gambling TV Channel, like Horse Racing?

LAKELAND, FL USA

Post Number: 7
BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION BET* but i figured it out i had both 119 and 110 set on lnb #1, put 110 on #2 scaned and it worked.. thanks any way..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us