Viewsat Extreme AR problem - Please Help !!

Username: Vballer76

Post Number: 2
Until today my Sat worked perfectly. I had not installed a new AR fix in a while (Feb I beleive). Today I tried to install a AR fix(DBPSW-070407P) from April 7 and it causes my menus to go fuzzy ( still readable) and I cannot scan any Sats (no signal on Echo 7 or 8 ) I reinstall the old fix and have signal again ( clear clean menus) but only scan back in half the channels I had before and after a few minutes I am searching for signal again. If I leave it on one channel (CNN) it seems to stay in for a while. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. I am a little bit of a novice and the usual old stuff isn't working for me this time. Thanks!
Also, I have tried to manually punch the keys to no avail.

Bronze Member
Username: Trucker

Post Number: 65
turn off AR and enter new keys manually, until new file is released. go to the thread, entering keys with the remote.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 741
This lack of signal thing bothers me a bit.

Start from scratch. Do a factory reset, reload the bin, set up your switch and lnbs, turn autoroll off, do scans and enter your keys.

Post Number: 3
I will give it a try. Thanks a bunch!

Bronze Member
Username: Jgg

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 26
DAVE use the xtreme file not the platinum.

Post Number: 5
I followed the suggestion above and everythings seems good (thx Jason!)thus far. I installed the new bin and then turned autoroll back on. The only thing now is that I have many missing channels. I'm sure its a proceedural thing but I have no idea what. Any other suggestions??

Post Number: 6
Thanks JGG... I figured that out alone the way also and reloaded the correct file. Good looking out!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us