Pointing Elipitical Dishes

Username: Leines

Post Number: 8
Anyone have any hints/tips for trying to get all four birds 82,91,110,119 with an elipitical dish... even the install guy couldnt seem to get more then 55-60% quality on 82,119 lnbs.. 85% on 110.and about 65-70% on 91..

any pointers?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8646
get a 30 inch dish!

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 987
Which eliptical dish and how big?
35" eliptical can get all 4 but challenging in LNB alignment and skew.

Easiest way two 18"-20" with 4 input DISEqC switch.

Post Number: 9
im using a 24" elipitical dish... and i cant seem to get it to work past the mentioned quality above...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8664
U cannot use that dish for 4 sats..its too small

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2293
30-32" dish. Two separate 20" elliptal dishes is a better solution.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8679
there's an echo in this thread!

Post Number: 10
So heres the question i have now... what type of dish should i be looking at that will work with the lnbs i have currently on the elipitical dish??? if i find an older expressvu dish..can i use that??

LeineS

Username: Tonydif

Post Number: 6
That is the best that you can expect in terms of quality with that dish. It still should work, except in poor weather.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 346
The older bell dishes are excellent, expect 95%+ Quality with real dish LNBs. I have one and want another for 110/119 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 347
But the LNBs are D-Shaped on those dishes. The ones you have now probbly arent.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ill take a picture of them when i get back from class... we get a lot of shitty weather.. so i dont think im willing to have only that quality.. in the 50-60s.. when i have a clear SW view... Im hoping i can take two lnbs off this elipitical and put them on a bell dish, to make it work...

ill post a pic later tonight when i get outta class...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8697
Listen..keep your current dish and align it for 110-119 (since u already have 85% on the 110)...or if U want align it for 82-91...now go buy a used dish with 2 LNB's for $50 (ANY DSS site "For sale" section) and aim it at 82-91 or 110-119 and connect the 4 LNB's thru a disque switch..

Don't make a mountain out of something simple..and if U can't afford the $50, then be happy with the 900 channels on 82-91 or 110-119..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
what am i suppose to do with these extra lnbs i got kickin tho... since i bought them like two weeks ago.. i figued i should use them....

I did just go outside and aim it at 119-110 the other night tho...

Just kinda pisses me off that dude that sold me the dish said no problem getting all four to line up on one dish.. and now i find out that isnt very possible at all..

LeineS

Gold Member

Post Number: 8712
Tell him to come align the dish or buy back 2 LNB's..this is NOT a difficult "what should I do" scenario...LMAO!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us