V polarity channel issue

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 75
I am facing a unique issue with signal strength on V polarity channels on Echo3. The signal strength would drop to zero occasionally and there would be no viewable channels. However, all the H polarity channel would be unaffected. After few days, Signal strength on the V polarity channels would be back only to be affected again. This problem remains the same even when I remove Diseqc switch. Any advise?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 736
Your V and H polarities are determined by dc voltages sent to your lnbs by your receiver.

Do you have other satellites besides Echo3? If so, can they receive channels on the vert and horiz? If yes, then the problem may be a faulty lnb for Echo3. If you're missing vert on all satellites then it may be your receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 986
Great answer Jason

That is exactly right
Switching polarity to LNB comes from DC voltage supplied by receiver from Coax input to RCVR
It can come from:
- 2 receivers sharing same LNB
- 2 receivers sharing splitter instead of DISEqC switch
- Incompatible switch or LNB
- Multiple Sats with wrong switch connection
- Wrong setup in Antenna setup selection

Since you supplied a very important piece of information by going straight bypassing switch. I still think something is shared forcing polarity mixup. You need to find out what that is
Above I gave you possible areas to look into.
Good Luck

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 76
Thanks guys. I think probably the culprit is faulty LNB since problem does not go away when I tried a different receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us