Dish Network High Speed Internet

Bronze Member
Username: Haxit

In A Cave With A Lap-T...

Post Number: 72
Dish Network High Speed Internet is out and what are your thoughts about it and how soon it will be hacked!

Bronze Member
Username: Cybermaster

Post Number: 34
I'm interested too!

Bronze Member
Username: Iamdrumming

Post Number: 12
Just like Direcway (the Dave satellite internet service) why would would you want to hack it?
Most importantly, unlike satellite TV or FTA, internet over satellite is two way communication. Meaning you are not only receiving, but broadcasting. If you were to "hack" into the system, DN could find out where you are, and find any unauthorized users.
FTA is strictly one way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
yeah that is exactly what i was thinking, unless if they can program a very powerfull proxy into the modems that we use

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 737
But even a proxy wouldn't help. Proxies have two connections: the "hidden" side and the side that connects to the satellite. Your proxy would still require an IP address from the sat (via your modem), which makes it traceable.

Bronze Member
Username: Iamdrumming

Post Number: 14
Also, satellite internet isn't as fast as cable internet. Plus if you had to use a proxy, it would slow down your internet surfing alot more.

Username: Leines

Post Number: 7
plus not everything in life is free... so be happy the tv is hacked.. and fawk the internet..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
i know, i was just wondering what your thoughts were

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2299
Satellite based internet has some interesting plus points. Downloads are very high speed, but uploads are somewhat restricted or you pay a lot for the higher speed of upload. For areas where broadband is not avaialble by cable or phone line, it is a great help. Time has come in the life of the average person in North America to have broadband - it is like needing at least one car.
I do not pay for land line telephone service, relying strictly on Internet phone with three differnt SIP providers. For me, a cheap broadband internet connection via cable or DSL or satellite, with the availability of at least two alternatives is a must.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8719
that answer is totally irrelevant to the question and subject of this thread!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2302
LK: You do not know or understand anything about internet so stop wasting bandwidth with your irrelevant posts, and stop following me.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8720
kiss my American azz!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2306
LK: Your "answer is totally irrelevant to the question and subject of this thread"
SO GET OFF THIS THREAD AND STAY OUT, CLOWN!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us