CW-3000HD 1.0.1.2 Update Released

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 393

CW-3000HD 1.0.1.2 Update Released
The 1.0.1.2 update for the CW-3000HD has been released. This fixes the scanning and sound issues people have mentioned.

Note: You must install the mandatory fix before you try this. The update process will not work until you have completed the mandatory update.

For those new to the CW Linux update process. All you need is the remote and a network connection. For the network impaired USB stick instructions will follow.

1. Enter the Admin profile from the main screen.

2. Enter the pin (1111 is the default)

3. Highlight updates and press enter.

4. Highlight download and press enter.

5. Make sure the server is the Official CW3000HD Updates.

6. Highlight Check and press enter.

7. You will see 2 entries in the lower boxes. Highlight cw3000hd and press enter.

8. Highlight the cw3000hd-update 1.0.1.2.tar.bz2 file and press the blue button to download.

9. Press the blue button when the download completes.

10. Press the back button to exit the download screen.

11. Highlight Install and press enter.

12. Highlight local on the file screen and press enter.

13. Highlight the cw3000hd-update-1.0.1.2.tar.bz2 file and press the blue button to install.

14. You will see 2 status bars and some messages displayed as the update is installed. Once the "Update Installed Successfully" message is displayed, press the blue button to exit

15. Back all the way out to the main screen and press the power button. Press the yellow button to restart the system.

16. Update complete.

For those without a network connection this update will remove the long wait at startup also. to update your system you will need a usb stick.

1. Save the file cw3000hd-update-1.0.1.2.tar.bz2 to your computer.

2. Copy the cw3000hd-update-1.0.1.2.tar.bz2 file to a usb stick.

3. Take the USB stick to the CW-3000HD and insert it into one of the front USB ports. (There is a flip up door on the front of the unit covering the ports. Press on the triangle of dots to open the door.)

4. Enter the Admin profile from the main screen.

5. Enter the pin (1111 is the default)

6. Highlight updates and press enter.

7. Highlight Install and press enter.

8. Highlight external on the file screen and press enter.

9. Highlight the cw3000hd-update-1.0.1.2.tar.bz2 file and press the blue button to install.

10. You will see 2 status bars and some messages displayed as the update is installed. Once the "Update Installed Successfully" message is displayed, press the blue button to exit

11. Back all the way out to the main screen and press the power button. Press the yellow button to restart the system.

12. Update complete.

This update fixes:

Scanning: Incompatibility with some brands of diseqc switches.

Scanning: Proper detection of AC3 PIDs for some non-standard providers.

DVD Player: Fixed the pause button.

For those patiently waiting for the motor setup it's not here. This update was not planned but deemed necessary due to the scanning and sound issues. The motor support is coming. Some day we'll get out of fix it mode.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8328
IF U are going to post the lengthy instructions, why not also add the file thru the link to where u got this copy/paste..just a suggestion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
hello lk i no you no i got it from dssrookie*com chang the*to a dot . have a good night lk

Gold Member

Post Number: 8329
NO...actually I had no idea where it came from...but thats not my point...I just think if U post instructions about a file or upgrade, then why not provide a link to the file also..

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
LK first off i do not use caps with you do no use caps with me and im watching this site all day if others have any questions they can ask im happy to try and help i try to stay out of your madness i know you do not like me that is all right but do not think im leaving im going to be here for as long as i can or as long as ecoustics will let me post three last post you try to start sh*t with me i ask you months ago to stop fuckkkking with me you got enough others who do not like you have a good day

Gold Member

Post Number: 8341
bruce...what the hell are U talking about?...I have no beef with U...chill dude!..I think U post some good CW info, and I made it VERY clear that adding a link to the file ungrade along with your instructions, was ONLY a suggestion, to help the members here...relax man!

BTW...CAPS are acceptable on KEY words for emphasis...but NOT acceptable for entire posts!

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
ok LK thanks for the info have a nice day
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us