Two Receivers on one dish with dual lnb

Username: Jigz787

New york, Ney york Usa

Post Number: 4
My landlord living upstair and I live in basement both have VS Xtrim. We have 2 dish one is on 110W and another on 61.5W. Both dish have dual LNBs and we both have different Diseq switches. Somehow, When my landlord is watching 110W I loose all channels on 61.5W and When he is watching 61.5W I loose all 110W channels. I have to tune in whatever angle he is watching. I can have different channels on same angles but can't watch different angles. When his receiver is off, I can watch both angles. All connections to diseq are looking OK. Any clue?
It will be gr8 if some1 has the solution of this problem.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 723
Are you certain that you have two separate switches?

Your lnbs should be dual output (i.e. one lnb puts out the same signal on both outputs). You will need to run cables from your switch to, say, the left output on the lnb on each dish. Your landlord's cables should run from the right outputs on each dish into his own switch. Each switch should have its output go to its own receiver.

Also, make sure that your switch port settings, on the receiver are set correctly.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 791

Hey lallu
It sounds like you two are using splitters in place of DiSEqC switches. Check it out.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8299
2 very good CONSECUTIVE reply posts here at Ecoustics!....wow, AMAZING!...but from 2 very good people ...this is rare here...LOL...throw another quarter in the jukebox!

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2412
This may also be the cause of crossing voltage on your LNB. Remember that the left side of your LNB output is 18v and the right side 13v. In order for you to keep this working properly you have to combined the same sides on the switch! I.E. Left side output of Dish one (18v) with the Left side output of Dish two (18v) and same for the right side output (13v). This will eliminate the problem. I've had that happen a few times and this is how I solved it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8303
wow 3 great replies...and the hits keep on coming!...lol...good answers guys..its fun to sit back for a change and watch others provide great replies...U guys got this thread hammered down good!

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 755
Typical polarity switching problem
3 great answers I agree with all 3
Let me just add: in antenna setup make sure each Sat assigned to same DISEqC port #

i.e. on first installation if 110 is assigned to DISEqC#1 while 61.5 is assigned to SISEqC#2 and some how reversed on other installation. This can request wrong voltage from DISEqC messing up polarity. Even if cables are going to indentical input. Causing that to occur.

I'm telling you L.K. Tech Service on this forum is just getting better.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 320
i dont mean to change the subject but this is what we need in this site . your answers were well done with great attitude .
i think if we keep it like this certainly ecoustics is the best cuz it has kind of freedom that no other site has and fast answers .
so i suggest that we work on this for the best.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2170
I have identical dish and LNB setup. I use one DisEqC switch with left outputs of 110W and 61.5W connected to input 1 and 3 respectively for the Living room TV. I use another DisEqC switch with right outputs of 110W and 61.5W connected to input 2 and 4 respectively for the basement TV.
The only reason it is connected like that is that I sent a youngster to the roof to bring the DisEqC switches down to a lower reachable level. He could not do that so he set it up like it is now!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8315
who cares what U did nalin...go jump off the Sears building will ya!...this was a good thread and informative until U posted your life history....who cares about which dumpster U live in and the "youngster" u diddle!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2180
LK: Shut up. This person asked a question and he had an answer on an identical setup.

GET OUT OF THIS THREAD and start taking your medication, you psychotic nutcase.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8319
nalin ...blow me azzhole!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2184
Soldier: I said "SHUT UP!"

Gold Member

Post Number: 8322
blow me nalin..U're a joke!

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 321
lk stop your bs . see now who is trouble maker. you dont need to make your harsh comment to nalin . now you deviated the subject . here we go again . we start from zero.

Username: Valdez

Post Number: 8
LKUpload

Gold Member

Post Number: 8333
U know many times I think cartier and nalin maybe the same person..cartier is always siding with nalin...and both are ignorant..and if U pay close attention, cartier sometimes writes like nalin..

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 136
Well then!! That explains the schizophrenia of that vile MF cartier1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2191
LK's post is another vivid example of paranoia. I give it maximum two years before he has to be certified insane, i.e. if he does not start getting treated soon

Gold Member

Post Number: 8340
nalin...again U are here..get a J O B ...instead of being here 24/7 and sucking the welfare system..and talking trash behind your computer...your shi*t is lame!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2192
LK: You are joke. Anybody can look at the times and the number of posts you put out here and now that YOU are ADDICTED to writing in this forum. If they did a more detailed analysis, they would find that most of your psts are irrelavant, a lot of them are obnoxious to say the least, and even the informative ones are only half done.
Go and and look at yourself in the mirror and you will see and addict.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8343
I'm RETIRED and EARNED my wages and pensions thru EMPLOYMENT (JOB)in the military for 30 years and made wise real estate and financial investments...

along with that I have EARNED the right to come here whenever I feel like it, which I may do a couple times a day ocassionally (in between yardwork, fishing, working out, golfing, B ball, softball and any other activities I do daily/often) and other days may not come here at all or just briefly while I am online reading the sports, weather and news...

so Fukc U nalin...I don't need to justify my position here...I'm free, white and retired, and can do whatever I want when I want...unlike U who is a sponge sucking the system, and is here ONLY cause U have NO friends, life , Job, livelihood, and a BIG ego to feed!

and FYI...I don't drink any more since last year, but azzholes like U push people to drink!...and alcohol consumption in this part of the world, is a common socially accepted and encouraged practice(toasts at weddings, priest at Mass, bachelor parties, holiday celebrations, etc)...maybe in your country its NOT acceptable, so maybe U should learn social acceptances here before U decide to bash our ways and customs or GO BACK to your homeland...what is NOT socially acceptable here is U and your pompous, condescending, ignorant, obnoxious, overbearing , uninformed, rude, ego and attitude!

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 767
llalu
This is how it should be wired
Also setup in antenna has to match wiring
Good luck to you and to your landlord
Where do you live by the way? What is your address?
Upload
Just kidding

New york, Ney york Usa

Post Number: 5
Hey Guys..!! Sorry for late reply.. Thanks to every one who replied. ( Except L K, cuz none of his 6-7 post was relevant to my question. Anyways, No Offence )King Tapeman, I am sure the diagram you attached is wrong. I will try to fix the problem as you suggested earlier and will let you know guys.

New york, Ney york Usa

Post Number: 6
L K you better off not wasting server space by posting useless discussions. You should check this out http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us