New Boot File B-75

Bronze Member
Username: Lolol

Post Number: 64
Hey guys,

Do you have to do a factory reset before doownloading b-75 can't it be done with the same settings? and if b-75 is loaded with out doing the factory reset? Is it going to reset the receiver after the file is downloaded?
Please tell me about it, becuse my receiver is working just fine with the bin file 295, the only problem is the reboot problem. Everytime I turn off the receiver using remote and then turn it back on using the remote i have to reset it using the back switch....Is that problem fixed with the b-75 or what?

Please advise
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
ok here is the simple was of asking....

what will happen if I flash my receiver (bin 295 currently installed) with the B-75 and than the bin file X-87BL_070311_B75_201_api? Is it going to factory reset the receiver or just over-ride b-70 with B-75 without changing any current settings?

I have pansat 2700A with bin file 295 installed.

I really need help guys,
Thanks in advance for all the Ideas

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8265
just follow the simple directions with the upgrade file..posted 50 times here..its NOT rocket science..

if U are worried about the dish antenna settings changing, which could happen ANYTIME U upload a new bin, then write them down and simply reinput them...its NO biggie!

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 53
yeah but is it better to keep bin 295 or use new boot b75 with 201.api..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8300
U must upgrade to b75, cause all new bins require it!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
it seems to work as good as ever with bin 295....its hard to understand.. some say go.. some say stay..will all the new <if> files be of .api or will there still be the .bin format

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
hey sat scanner what do you think????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
I was always told if its not broken dont fix it...just do required maintenance according to oem specs...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8302
U can use your old bin now...but not forever...u will need to eventually need to upgrade to b75..api?...bin?...all the same thing!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
thks for the info..much appreciated

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
yeah i think i am going to keep bin 295 for as long as it works, and when it dies then i will upgrade the receiver with b-75 i guess. I got no other choise do I?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8306
Punt!

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 336
could be worse, could be a 2500 lol

Silver Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 194
I installed the b-75 on the weekend and had NO problems. as LK had stated just follow the Instructions that come with the download and no problemo.i did flash it with the b-75 file (had 295 installed before that)and did not need to do a factory reset. and all system files did not change from one bin to the other. everything that was put into the reciever was still there after it was all done.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2173
lolol: If you are satisfied with 295, you should stick with it for the time being.
Upgrading to 297 and B75 has not always been smooth sailing as some pundits would have you beleive. Read the appropriate thread on this subject at al7bar*tk and also make sure you get the full instructions and other files from there, because you will have to allow yourself some time for the upgrade.
Best of luck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8309
blah blah blah..useless redundant post nalin!...been said here already 50 times..your ego is amazing!.there was no need for your post...it was NOT informative, just an opprtunity to bash someone (Mr Pig and me) and be condescending and fulfill your ego ...such a LOSER bich!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2177
LK: I was not talking with you. My post was specifically directed to lolol. You were not clear in your mind what to advice. Here are your three peices of advice to lolol.

"U must upgrade to b75, cause all new bins require it!"

"U can use your old bin now...but not forever...u will need to eventually need to upgrade to b75..api?...bin?...all the same thing!"

"Punt!"

Next time you want to give advice, be precise. In the meantime, you have finished advising and it is about time you continued helping somewhere else where your expertise is more needed and relevant.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
I hope this isnt to dumb but I just want to be sure.PS 2700A. When i open the loader for the bin file I have 3 options #1 app file only #2 channel data #3boot file only. Obviously I select #3 boot file for b75. do I select #1 app file for the 201 api file? then #2 channel data to put on channel list from channel master? sorry for asking but i just want to be sure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
sorry about the channel list part i now remember I use channel master to write to the stb. thks

Bronze Member
Username: Laxey34

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 25
When I upgrade the system to B-75, what bin do I use to get Dish? I've been told that the 297 bin is not too good. I need your opinion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8321
If U bother to read the b75 upgrade.zip file, it has VERY simple directions to follow...the latest bin 201 is included with the b75 upgrade 310 boot file..so is the readme and the new loader 27.02

grub...U have it correct.

boot is for BOOT files
app is for bin files
U make channel lists with channel master
ch data uploads lists

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
I found some answers for b75 use boot file; for 201 use app;
greggor bin 295 is better than 297..although upgrading the boot file to b75 with bin 201 i'm in the middle of deciding whether to change..I'll let you know..bin 295 seems to be rolling fine..

Bronze Member
Username: Laxey34

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 26
The last thing I need is to mess up my Pansat 2700A which I have for years now without any problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
thks lk did what you said and started reading but it never mentions the 3 options in the read me file... thanks again for your help.
I'll try ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8325
Those options are FTA 101 with most loaders and are explained when first using FTA newbie manuals and guides for your receiver..it doesn't need to be in that particular file..cause its presumed that U have read the newbie manuals on how to load files into your receiver..

Username: Dirtystinkindemocrat

Post Number: 10
Wait until its needed as I am doing. There are some bugs and it is a good idea to wait until this is needed. It is not needed yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick with the old version until it no longer works.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8326
yes thats personal preference, whether U want to upgrade now or later...

I am NOT like nalin the azzhole, and going to direct anybody to do anything, I just provide your options and some facts, so U can make your own decisions..

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 943
I am a little gun shy after all the problems started happening soon after we used the B80 boot for my friend's 3500. Probably nothing to do with the upgrade but I'll hold on to my old bin for as long as possible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
way to go Hawaiian, i have decided the same thing i will stick with my 295 for as long as it works, so what if I have to reset my receiver from the back switch every time I turn it on? well we will see how it goes....

I am hoping that DN is not coming up with some new virus or something. Since they havn't updated the keys for like the last 20 days its getting scary....

Silver Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 959
Yeah its usually a good idea to keep the bin if you don't have any problems with it. Its like when grub said " if its not broken dont fix it " thats how it goes man.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
thanks for the input.. i think I'll wait...maybe I'll take the fta 101 course in the mean while...thks again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8335
thats a good idea...sounds like U're really new to FTA but have a working receiver now...so do some basic reading while your family can watch TV...then when U are more confident and knowledgeable, and maybe bugs are worked out with new upgrades, THEN U should upgrade..but again, U decide..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us