Dish 500 plus

Username: Heeman

Post Number: 7
i have dish 500 plus with one dish pro dual band LNB (118 and 119) and another dish pro LNB (110) with power inserter.i am getting internailonal and general channels with DN receiver.I have setup pansat 3500sd and did bling scan but not getting any international channels.I know my intl channel will come on 118 AMC16 sat but not sure which sat in pansat i need to scan with what settings..please help me to setup

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2393
Jay - Go into the setup of your DN receiver and tell me what you see under the check switch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2394
By the way, I take it AMC16 is not listed in your sat info on the pansat?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2398
Jay - One last question. What are the international channels you are trying to get (the ones you get with the DN receiver).

BTW - I am leaving my house now, it's Friday! So I will not be able to answer either later tonight or tomorrow. That's for those who are actually holding a time clock to see how fast I help people.

Post Number: 8
PRFRMNJ Thanks for your resp.
Sat 118,119,110 and switch is DPP44,Dbnd(1),Dbnd(2),sngl lnbs..
Yes..I do not see AMC 16 in Antenna setup of Panat 3500.I am looking for GEMINI/TEJA internaional channels which are available in 118.
Please help me on what settings i need to search for these channels.I am getting american channels on 119,110 but could not scan 118.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 786

Hey jay
You will need to add AMC 16 to your receiver.
In the mode Edit Tp/Satellite, NEW is located at the bottom of the Satellite name list. After you have enter AMC 16, now you will have to enter all the TPs for this Bird.You will find them
HERE....www.lyng sat.com

When you have done the above, now Scan in AMC 16.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2408
Jay - Kevin just gave you the correct procedure for adding that sat. After you have added the sat to your setup you need to make sure your antennas are configured as follows:

LNB Type - DishPro
Freq: 11250 (for 110 & 119) and 10750 (for 118.8)
DISEcQ:
119 = 1
110 = 2
118.8 = 3

Post Number: 9
I have tried to add new sat AMC16 by using New from Edit TP/Satellite.It asked me to enter frequency,symbol rate,Polarity..I know i have added TP frequency but not sure what to enter Symbol rate and polarity..However i have added 20 symbol rate and H polarity but it did not save the sat..I could not find this new sat after adding from here to set up antenna..I am newbie,please guide me

Bronze Member
Username: Pep

Post Number: 42
waste of time why not get gemini tv at sat 121
on channel 799

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 788

Hey jay
Like I have said, go to LyngSat, bring up AMC 16, print it out. Enter #1 tp for
Down Frequency =11720
Polarity = V
Symbol = 26,000, now press OK.
Now next on the sheet is tp # 2.
Down Frequency = 11740
Polarity = H
Symbol Rate = 26,000
and so on and so on until you have listed all of the TPs as shown on AMC 16. Can you dig all this
good stuff?

Post Number: 10
Thanks for everybody.I am up..When i did blind scan i did not get my channel but when i did TP Scan i got required channel.Thanks again for your guidence
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us