Latest LNB installed (dishpro 1000plus .2 ) will pansat work

Bronze Member
Username: Happyyash

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 23
Hi
I have installed latest DISH 1000 ( LNB is dishpro plus 1000.2) . Per installer, this came out recently.
Now I have dish 500 and dish1000. He removed the DP34 switch.Dish 1000 has inbuilt 3 port. Two lines are going to 2 recivers.
My question is will pansat 3500 if connected directly work? I mean now there is no switch.
DISH receiver is working and I am assuming becuase it is compatible.
PANSAT may not be compatible.
AM I thinking right?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8237
U need to read the DPP thread...yes it'll work...U will need to keep a DN receiver powered on all the time too..Upload

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 24
Hi LK

I appreciate your fast response.
I know you RULE here.
Since the time I joined forum, I never got to interact with you.
Nice to hear from you.
I am sure you may not have time to reply every thread. But if you can give your opinion on one my thread that would be help for many users all over various FTA forums

I had PANSAT 3500SD installed a month ago. I Did bootloader B-80 with 312 files installed. All worked great. Now all of sudden, no signal issues cropping up. Interestingly Dish receiver works fine.
NOTE: IF I turn off PANSAT and turn it on, it works fine for less than 5 minutes before it starts reflectig NO signal.

I ruled OUT that problem is due to DP34 swithc,cable,or dish LNB just becuase same things work with no issues on DN recevier. Also things work with PANSAT ON/OFF momentarily

With my little understanding my guess is something to do with PANSAT 3500.( EIther bootloader or BIN file screwed up something on its own software related issue)

I can tell you same problem expeienced on various forms by many users in last 1 week. No satisfactory solution has been suggested.
One guy replaced some capacitors so now he get singal and quality but still it did not worked for him.
With your knowledge and experience Any feedback and solution might relieve many users

1. Should I load B-70 again?( currently is is b-80)
and then upgrade to B-80

2. I contacted Panarex and they asked me to send equipemtn for repairs at a cost. Attached was a note they have released in nov 2005 that says
"
Nov. 04 , 2005

To: All Pansat Customers

Subject: Defective Receiver Return Policy/Procedure

Recently we have received customer inquiries regarding problems certain customers are having with the Pansat 2500A model receiver. After inspecting returned receivers, we have found that in most instances the receivers experienced damage to their flash memory chip. In most cases this damage was caused by a customer's download and installation of unauthorized software.

Pansat wishes to remind its customers that installation or alteration of the pre-installed software sold with each Pansat receiver is a violation of the customer's warranty and may void the warranty and/or may subject the customer to repair costs. Because of the significant number of damage claims, Pansat has established the following policy with regard to receivers damaged relating to post-sale software installation: Pansat will give each customer an estimate for repair of damaged receivers, which will be charged at a minimum of $40.00 per unit, which includes Pansat's shipping and handling costs. Depending on the severity of the damaged receiver, Pansat will advise each customer of any additional charges (should there be any) prior to repair work being conducted.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8244
subb...I do NOT rule here..just another member who happenned to stay here for a long time..

your problem with the Pansat rebooting OFF by itself is a common problem now...and ocassionally in the past too...it is addressed everywhere at most Dss sites...It appears that Blacklist (Pansat coder) is releasing some very poor quality software (no surprise to me) which is causing this problem...IMO, Pansat bins software have never improved and deteriorated greatly the past years..and have been surpassed by newer and better manufacturers and coders (Viewsat, Sonicview, Extremeview, etc)..

I don't think U have a hardware issue...and I would NOT return that unit..Blacklist has received many complaints about all his latest bins with this same problem..ANY "bug" may affect 1 Pansat, but not necessarily all of them...

I suggest U do NOTHING now, except go to www.future-fta.info/forums (register free- UNOFFICIAL Pansat satellite DSS site) and read their "3500 BUG REPORTS"...others have complained and some may have a posible fix for you...sometimes different things will help ...its a luck of the draw" situation...possibly a factory bin upload and then the latest bin upload will help ya..but certainly do NOT return the unit and at least wait for a new bin release..

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 25
LK

I took your advise.With the new setup ( DISHPROPLUS 1000.2) I have DN receiver on with one line and connected the same PANSAT that was not working for last 3 days to another line.
VIOLA,... things are working fine now.

This suggests that the NO signal problem might certainly be related to old superDISH LNB and DP34 siwtch. Something certainly went wrong there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us