2 interesting developments 2day

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 322
First, CFTO in Toronto had a blurb about an upcoming 'Satellite piracy out of control and what police plan on doing' on tonights news, airing tonight or tomorrow I think.

Second - Provider 0905 no longer rolling on PS and VS. Pretty minor, but there ya go :-)

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1437
Thanks for the heads up,edenman,will watch at 11pm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1438
Hope they catch that guy !lol

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 747
Keep us posted
I don't have CFTO or BEV
I wish I do now

Gold Member

Post Number: 1439
I'm sure he has my missing channels and autoroll,make him give them back !

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
Not sure if they said tonights 11 news or tomorrows 6pm :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1444
My vs ultra is rolling fine ,on both providers.It just rolled after I turned it on to check.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1446
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3078496/

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
'Pirates perform their research and swap findings in hard-to-find chat rooms, but many sell their wares on a variety of public Web sites, using code names like "FreeTV."
'

lol

Scanner, could you check ch.780 and 781 on BEV, they are provider 0905

Gold Member

Post Number: 1448
Nothing on cfto news tonite about satellite.
Plyboy and aov [nimiq 2] are bad or scrambled channel on pansat and autoroll processing on vs ultra, "There gone Black" mmm?

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
Yup, watch the 6pm.. c00lsat not rolling those channels either. Manual keys works

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
Confirmed-6pm CFTO newscast ch.212 :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Labonitafda

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 13
}Which software( bin ) I can use for Multistar Pantec Ultra receiver plz

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 390
if it is 2500 this is the file you will need 292T_api and a full J-tag by Chancy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note by Chancysand-C/P from another site
X-85BL_070304_292T_api and full J-tag file
Moded for hughes and tivo IR codes.Good for all!

Special thanks to JVVH for the help on this one.

Both files included in ZIP file.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8236
don't need the jtag...its there "just in case" u somehow kill your receiver

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
bump - on in 1 hr

Gold Member

Post Number: 1451
15 mins. , and counting !

Gold Member

Post Number: 8247
The police can't do anything, except make arrests...their abilities are limited to that ONLY...U will hear all propaganda BS...

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
watch it on bev ch212, it will add to the propoganda effect

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
All about a bust here on a programming outfit from the looks of it.. Only YOU can prevent forest fires!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1452
Apparantly a Pt. Perry On. couple required ambulantory services,but the police came also to assist.Upon being given permission to enter the home they then noticed the occupants had a "illegal sat setup",.They showed the equipment seized ,which appeared to be card coding and repromgaming equipment,dish and bev cards rerwiters,programmers,ulockers and pc,and dishes and a stack of recievers.They appearantly are charged as an "iditable" offence on a couple charges.Most noteworthy they had a newspaper clipping cut out and saved, reguarding another man/couple who got seven yrs. for pirating sat signals.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1453
I didn't notice any fta receivers in the pile of recievers they showed,but they could have been some there.And they weren't end users,they were supplier's and appeared to be doing it for profit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1454
But,don't most of use end user's have a closet or shelf in the garage full of sat related parts and excess equipment ?

They just had had a real huge excess amount ! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Stormcat

Post Number: 26
Time to paint the dishes and junk the old receivers, especially if you live in the Great White North.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1456
Already painted them ages ago,and trying to trade and sell the excess stuff for while. Hard to unload,everybody already has more stuff than they want /need.

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonarmy_1

RYERSON, @ PEACE ... What a...

Post Number: 286
That couple is very lucky they didn't commit the crime after 10pm.

It's illegal 2 commit crimes after 10pm in Canada because the police stations close at 1100pm - they are very strict with that over here.

Ordinary assaults like fighting in streets could warrant the death penalty. It's all because of our fuhrer Stephen Harper's "tough on crime" legislation.

That couple is lucky they are not being hanged in the town square. Last week three teenagers that were caught by the Gestapo listening 2 mp3s at 1:00am were executed.

Let's be sure 2 turn off our FTA receivers at 10pm please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1457
But what about the "Daylight Savings Time" loophole ?A friend of a friends , friend lawyer used that at his Military court tribunal trial on his fta accusations of piracy,and only got a public spanking ! lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8250
Since there is no "probable cause", depending exactly where and how the alleged illegal hardware was located within the house, the seizure of the equipment maybe not be allowed as evidence..and could be deemed illegal search and seizure.

FTA receivers are legal and NOBODY can glance at one and say its been "modified " illegally..same with DN receivers or old DTV receivers...and access cards are commonly included when buying receivers at tags sales etc for electronic hobbyists...same with programmers, iso's, bootloaders etc... a decent defense attorney should be able to have this dismissed, unless these were all stolen or activated cards and receivers..

Piracy will always happen, one way or another...but its very hard to prove, unless some stupidity is occurring...and FTA is about as safe as Ft Knox..

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
Satscanner, that is a good point.... but i'm not sure if negligence is still an acceptable defence.

I would try, if i had nothing else, but our new fuhrer is not very accepting of excuses.

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
Satscanner, is there really a place called Beaversbush?

Sounds like any red-blooded male's paradise.

Is it a big 70's beaver bush or is it a trimmed down bush?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1459
Yeah,Ryerson you are right about the furor,I will plea bargain it down to manslaughter,And turn cartier in.Hopefully only get life,but after turning in cartier,I should get a susppended sentence !

Gold Member

Post Number: 1460
"Beaversbush" does exist.It's close to your place.What was that called, Utopia ?That place were you needed good drugs to find it ! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... :-) I will hope 2 bury my face in beaver bush later tonite. :-)

Cartier will be Canadians' Get Out Of Jail Free card.

Smart choice. When cornered, throw Cartier 2 the wolves, i agree.

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
That bust was a bit more than mom and pop watching zee.. They had many receivers/cards/programmers.. Seems to be pretty much same old same old.. man LK you know yur sh*t :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Yashmatharu

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 62
I didn't get all of it.

I live in Canada. I have pansat 2500 clone and receiving 61.5. Is it illegal? Can cops raid my home

Silver Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 130
Why would you ever paint your dishes? it's pretty easy to figure out what sat they are pointed at, irregardless what logo is printed on it... and the police really don't give a sh1t anyway, unless you're dealing hacked receivers... most cops I know have them!

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 63
Hi Bill,

What do you mean by hecked receivers?
Is Pansat 2500 clone a hacked one?

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1469
They used to have the bell expressVu logo on them.Then I stenciled in and painted "SUCKS" under that.Then I decieded better not push my luck and painted them .Surprisenly to a benefit,the snow doesn't cling and stick to them anymore.And since I have many on the dish farm,they all match in colour and shade.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1470
And Yash,You only have to worry if you have third party software flashed on it.Pls don't ask what that is.

Silver Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 131
Yash, I meant actual BEV, DN or DTV receivers that are hacked... you're good to go, I wouldn't make a habit of telling a whole sh1tload of people what channels you get, the less people with these systems, the less attention will be paid by the powers that be.

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 64
Sat Scanner,

I am using 2500 clone and 292T bin - will that be a third party software?

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 65
I am planning to buy VS Extreme/Ultra for my second room. If it illegal then definetely I would go for Bell Express VU.

Plz advise....

Gold Member

Post Number: 8254
FTA is legal, when NOT modified with software etc...uploading files and bins which allow U to receive "encrypted" coded scrambled Dishnet (DN) and Bell Express Vu (Bev) satellites (such as 61.5, 110-119 DN and 82-91 Bev)and their channels is 100% illegal!

U can buy any FTA receiver, point your dish at any satellite and receive "in the clear" channels and that is legal...but U CANNOT alter/modify the receiver by use of cables, SD cards, USB sticks and input software into the receiver!

What is Free to Air Satellite? Free to Air receivers, commonly referred to as FTA, are designed to receive the hundreds or even thousands of unencrypted (free) satellite broadcasts. There are many satellites broadcasting free channels that anyone can receive with the proper equipment.

FTA "in the clear" and history..
http://www.efta.us/cgi-bin/cart/commerce.cgi?page=About_Mpeg2.htm&cart_id=117414 2337.29518

Gold Member

Post Number: 1474
Didn't we discus all this legal stuff before ?Think it turned into nasty debate/thread,lets not go there again. lol

Username: Ajlean

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
Hi guys, I have to really admit you guys are great but for the past 3 weeks i have been getting autoroll processing,this autoroll does not stop processing for me , i really want to watch some tv but i cant, Please i really appreciate every single help, however i have a VS extreme, I have loaded the current file for the fix still not working, what am suppose to do, ? do I have to punch in keys and turn off autoroll.
pls somebody help me

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
dont they ALL turn into that Scanner? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1476
Most do in time. lol

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 66
When I bought my first satellite system for hindi channels (61.5), I was told that receiving dishnet in Canada is legal since we are not in USA and dishnet is not has any license for canada.
If it is legal then i will definately go for Bell Express VU.

Thanks for let me know.

Username: Abutoto

Post Number: 1
I need help I'm new user and I have pansat 2800 & I can't access the parental control I tried to put 0000 but it doesn't work I tried also 1010 and one other code but no use please help thank you

Silver Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 171
damn pirates lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8261
Illegal DN reception is NOT legal in USA or Canada or ANY country...and U cannot subscribe to DN in Ccanada, so any DN reception there is illegal..plain and simple!

If U can't "access' parental control menu, then U need to do a scan or upload a channel list first..

2800 master codes, I'm not sure..try 0000, 1010, 1668...I believe those are correct...2800 is newest so not real popular yet..and if U changed it previously, all u need to do is a factory default to restore the original master code..

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
Im wondering, because DN is American, wouldnt a person in canada just be liable in a civil sorta way. Like those warnings on dvds, which dont really apply here (we can tape,copy LEGALLY for PERSONAL use)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us