???Dead Viewsats???

Bronze Member
Username: Super_mod

Post Number: 94
Let's face it, Viewsats plat/extreme and even Ultra weren't made with the highest quality components, it's obvious with all the complaints of "dead Viewsats" or overheating issues and channel loss due to insufficent power (amperage) being supplied to the LNBs. Don't get me wrong, I love my Viewsats and they have given me a lot of use and experience. My view is that some are more prone to failure than others, I sure hope that Viewsat gets better quality control procedures in place before their next generation boxes come out...... My 2 bits.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1435
First I've heard of this.Where are all these dead vs complaints ?Can you give us a link ?My vs runs very cool,my pansat is a portable space heater.Only my pansat is losing channels,the vs grabs more channels than pansat could ever dream of.But I would like to read more about this issue,pls give us a c/p or link .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Here is one off of [link removed], there actually a lot of reports there, just search "dead viewsat". There were a lot on AL7BAR, but that site is down right now.... Also at FreedomFTA

Gold Member

Post Number: 1445
Will do,thanks Jake.

Username: Binhto

Post Number: 6
Last night I downloaded and flashed our VS Xtreme with Viewsat Xtreme A/R fix DBPSW-070308X, that I d/l on this site. Everything was fine till we arrived home this afternoon and the picture was froze and there was a humming noise from the tv.... and the front panel LED displayed 'Inst.' We powered down, restarted and nothing. No LED display at all. Checked the fuse and its good. Hubby tested with an ohm meter and there is power running to the fuse. I tried to download the factory bin file V0271XTREME-VIEWSAT and still nothing, it wouldn't load at all. What should i do?

Please Help Thank you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
binh to, it is happening to a lot of Viewsats at this time.... That bin is reported to be bad, but it works with some just fine, here is a link to a thread that might be helpful to you. Dead Viewsat

Gold Member

Post Number: 1447
Whats the manufacture date of your ird ?and is it genuine or a clone? And are you sure if genuine ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1449
Read Jakes link above,he slid it in while I was posting.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us