How to load Bin file on Fortec Star Ultra?

Username: Agratru

Post Number: 9
I have bin file and uploader for the receiver. I don't know how do I transfer/flash my bin file from my computer to receiver?

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2346
FIRST -- You will need the latest Loader from BlackList (BL Loader v1.4)

SECOND -- You will need the latest Bin file.

THIRD -- You will need to use a RS232-DB9 Straight Cable.

After you have these materials we can move on to the flashing procedure itself.

There are three known working methods of flashing a receiver; however I will only discuss one (the one I normally use) as it is the easiest method in my opinion.

Steps to follow:

1. Turn your receiver off using the rear power button.

2. Disconnect the receiver from the electrical outlet on the wall.

3. Disconnect the receiver from the television and the Coax Cable from the Sat.

NOTE: If your Flash Cable reaches your receiver where it is located then the above steps 2 & 3 can be omitted.

4. Reconnect your receiver to the wall electrical outlet, but DO NOT turn on the power on the receiver.

5. Connect the RS232-DB9 Straight cable to your PC and Receiver.

6. Open the BlackList Loader and configure your Communications Port (COM 1, 2 or 3) which ever your computer is using. Then Select the Bin file to you are going to Flash.

7. Turn your receiver on using the rear power button and wait for it to complete the boot sequence. You will now see a message on the front of the receiver "On" or a channel number.

8. Turn your receiver off using the front power button or the remote.

9. Now select either "Write to STB" or "Download" (depending on the loader you are using).

10. You will immediately see a progress percentage on your computer as well as the front receiver display.

NOTE:
1. If you do not see a progress percentage you have selected the wrong Com Port so you will need to start the process again using a different Com Port.

2. It if very important that once the flash commenced and you see a progress you DO NOT interrupt the process.

11. Once the flash is complete you will see a completed message on your computer screen and your receiver will restart it self.

12. Reconnect your receiver to your television making sure the last thing you reconnect is the power cable to the wall outlet.

13. Verify that your antenna configurations then exit out and turn to either USA or ESPN and wait for your keys to autoroll. Keep in mind the autoroll process can also take up to an hour.

Post Number: 10
I have loader fortec star STB Updater V3.31.exe

Will it work? Or do I have to have BL Loader V1.4?
FYI, my receiver is Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra.

Thank you very much for detailed information.

Bronze Member
Username: Saqeeb90

Post Number: 29
hi i bought this usb to Rs232 cable. i am trying to download it on my megaset4000 reciever. i am using coolset pro loader. it detects my port but my reciever cannot update the file. it cannot update any file. my usb 9 comes with software cd i already downloaded. is there anything i can do to update that reciever

Gold Member

Post Number: 2348
Use BL loader. It is much easier.

Username: Jbourikos

Post Number: 5
probably the usb adapter does not work properly...most of them have problems...try a straight serial connection from a computer without using usb.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2351
Please don't hijack a thread. If you have a question concerning a different receiver then start a thread. The tittle of this thread is "How to load bin file on Fortec Star Ultra" NOT "MEGASAT"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
PRFRMNJ,

I am trying to download new bin but It is asking for STB model#. I entered "Lifetime Ultra" and it is not accepting it. I am getting message "Model# is not correct"

Could you please help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2373
agratru - use BL Loader v1.4 and you dont need to put in STB Model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thank you very much buddy, I flashed it using BL loaded and followed your instruction. Then I did a blind scan and exited the menu. Now I see a menu on my left side of the TV screen with channels listed with $ sign. Some of the channels are repeated more than 3-4 times in that menu. Some channels I can see but most of them I cant. How do I find channel for Cricket? It doesn't show 471 or 472 in list. Do I need to sort my menu? How do I get channel in order?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us