Pansat3500SD stop works for 5 mnutes and then no signal on 61.5

Bronze Member
Username: Happyyash

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 18
hello all
I have encuntered interesting problem since last night.
I have pasnat 3500SD. I get all transponders when connecting directly to Dish receiver. I connected as usual to pansat, it works for 10 minutes and then no signal found... I was trying to watch the cricket match and it worked and then no signal found in less tha n 5 minutes

Please advise what should be the cause of this issue

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

MIAMI, FL MIAMI

Post Number: 133
what dish do you have

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 19
I have twin LNB and dish 500 along with superDish 105.

Everything worked with the setup( B-80 and latest bin file i think 3 weeks ago)

Using echo 3 bird.

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 26
FOR ALL USERS having this problem
my 2 cents

I changed the superDISH to dishproplus (1000.2 latest from dish network)
I connected dish receiver (ON) to one line and conencted the PANSAT to other line

It started working.
So it seems the problem should be narrowed down to voltage related to LNB and receiver?

I have not changed anything on BIN or loader side

Intrestingly all my DISHESQC setting for (119,110,129 and 61.5) are set to #2 and that is the only way it is working now.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8260
All latest Pansat bins are doing this also to many receivers..

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 27
LK

If it helps anyone on this forum

THe bin is am using is 312. I am getting all channels.

Again, I used to have DISH500(single LNB) and superdish (DUAL LNB) and DP34 switch a month ago and installed PANSAT 3500 SD with B-70 and bin from nov2006.
I used to get scrambled channels (61.4 #1, 119 #2 and 105 #3)
On suggestion from this forum, upgraded to B-80 and used 312 bin.. all channels were working fine

Then about a week ago, with no issues or changes to configuration, i started get no signal error.
On turning pansat off and on , I used to get channel for less than 5 minute and then no signal error popped up.
IF I connected DN receiver everything worked.
ON another thread, LK advised me that there is no need to send pansat for repairs.
In btwm I got upgraded my superDish to DISHPROPLUS 1000.2 ( I use .2 because technician specifically mentioned it to me that 1000 PRO PLUS and 1000 PRO PLUS.2 is different and .2 just was released less than month ago . I have nO IDEA whatsoever)

However the technician removed DP34 switch in orginal setup and now connected 3 IN one LNB. I also got another receiver setup for another room.

When I connected the PANSAT as it is to another room ( keeping DN receiver ON) everyting worked.

ONly interesting thing I noticed that I used to do DISEQSC setting in old setup to #1 , #2 and #3)
I have all satellites on #2 and signal quality and level are more than 90%.

I hope I am making some sense to help any one on having similar problem. If not, may be it will help someone out there searching for solutions.
No need to crticise if I am not making sense to you. I am in no sense claiming that I am expert or any knowledgeable on the topic.

Username: Fuahs

Post Number: 2
I have same problem with my panshit 3500. I thought the panshit was the best when I got it. I'm using this piece of shiit for FTA only. I'm using 4 c00sat stb right now and have no problems.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 941
People should really think hard before buying a 3500 right now. Many people are having problems with it. There are many other receivers out there that are much more reliable and cheaper too.

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 314
Couldn't agree with Hawaiian any more, as a matter of fact wouldn't even buy a Pansat if it was 50% off. I have a few 2500 laying around and gave my nephew my 2700,I shouldn't let him suffer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8295
LMAO....thats cold!...

Someday U may need your nephews help and payback will be equally as bad....but on the other hand, something is better than nothing...and he will learn how to read more, how to be patient, and how to deal with stress and frustration...LOL

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2414
subb som - I read your post about 5 times and I'm still lost. Are you using DishProPlus Twin LNB's? And if so, what sats are they picking up? Which sat is your third LNB picking up?

If I'm reading your post correctly then you have 105 and 119 on the DishProPlus Twin and the 61 on the third LNB which is connected to your DishProPlus. Can you confirm this?

If that is your setup, then you FTA should be setup under the DISEcQ as follows:

119 = 1
105 = 2
61.5 = 3

And yes, because it is a DishProPlus, you will need to keep your DN receiver on line one for voltage reasons.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2171
Some earlier Viewsats, Pansat 3500 and fortec Ultras has problems with power supply when used with Dishpro LNBs and switches.
If you have any way of supplying power separately do so with a cheap power supply. Alternatively, keep the old DN receiver on all the time on one output of your switch.
The gurus on this forum have consistently disagreed with this, so if there is flood of profanity when I post this, so be it. It only is an indication of their ignorance.
It is also possible to have permanently damaged your receiver if it was used to power the LNBs on its own for any length of time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8314
nalin..we just hate your ignorant uninformed ego tripping guts..other than that U are just a FREAK of nature who likes to jump in and post bogus info all the time and cause damage to peoples receivers..you are simply a wannabe peep....stupid but we all here are subject to U, and nothing we can do to stop U, since this site allows FREAKS like U to post BS..so we have to learn to listen to your bogus crap!...no biggie, U can't help it if your a pea brain with a big ego..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2179
LK: You are the ignorant. About 2 months ago I alerted you to the need for powering the DN LNBs. You did not accept it but now I notice that recently you have accepted my viewpoint. Do you want me to fish out your ignorant profanity and post it for everybody to see?
Now I am making a researched statement which is collaborated by others. Before you let many more Pansat 3500s get ruined, you better go and learn.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8318
U couldn't find your azz with 2 hands ...go screw yourself..and STFU bich!...U don't know shi*t about anything, except drugs and how to be an azzhole!...LOSER!...get a job will ya!...U are here 24/7 so obviously U're a slug milking the system...U're a real hero behind that computer U fukcking geek bich!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2183
LK: You are the pne here all the time, posting rubbish. Out of ten posts you probably have one that is any relevant.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2426
Here we go again! People this is really simple.

DishPro Twin/Quad LNB's do not need power supply. That's pretty much common knowledge in this community (FTA that is)... All you have to do is read just about any site (unless you feel the need to test as I do) and you will see this is a statement of FACT.

DishProPlus on the other hand, depending on the receiver using you may need to power it up with either a power insert or keeping your DN receiver on line one.

The reason for this is because the voltage difference between. One uses between 18v and 20v while the other only uses 13v to 18v.... IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2186
subb som came for help with his non-functioning Pansat 3500SD on the 13th March. After one week of posting the so called gurus have not been able to fix his problem.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 945
The gurus all over the internet cannot help the 3500. There are many suggestions and advice that help a few but this signal quality issue is affecting a lot of people.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2189
Hawaiian_time: That is what I have been trying to tell people. There is a unique problem with Pansat 3500, and this has nothing to do with the BIN or BL ena everything to do with the receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2427
Nalin what you told him was

Some earlier Viewsats, Pansat 3500 and fortec Ultras has problems with power supply when used with Dishpro LNBs and switches.
If you have any way of supplying power separately do so with a cheap power supply. Alternatively, keep the old DN receiver on all the time on one output of your switch.

which no according to you has nothing to do with his problem. You can't even get your own facts straight, but if you can't admit when you are wrong then it's time to show people how stupid you really are.

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 28
All,
I did not anticipate that my post will create a conflict and debate amongst us.

We are here to take help and advise. I am sure each one of us has encountered various issues regarding signal loss and have varied opinions.I guess it would help to have a healthy debate.

I am certainly a NEWBIE so cannot contribute much.But certainly in past 8 weeks have learned a lot and understanding more about technologies involved.
Foremost this problem was for people using pansat3500 and with no changes, SIGNAL LOST error encountered.
First let me answer to PRFRMNJ. Sorry for delay in reply as I was traveling

My current setup
DISHPROPLUS1000.2 ( dont ask me what is .2)
LNB : it has overall 4 ports. Three receivers can be attached. One port is looped with Dish 500 for 61.5 internatonal channel.

NO switches involved.

It has 3 eyes ( i mean three white rounded heads, if needed i can post the picture)

2 lines are coming into my house one for each receiver. ( one eceiver is super 301 and other is Dish DVR 508)

I have one DVR receiver ON(508) and connected pansat 3500 SD directly to other line

Setup: 119 #2,110 #2, 129 #2 61.5 #2
I did inital setup as 119 #1 , 110 #2 ,129 #3 and 61.5 #4.
I could only get few channels. Accidentally while setting up we landed all with #2 and signal quality was 90%. Viola, I got all channels and touch wood , so far things look good.

My EARLIER SETUP about 8 weeks ago

Super DISH 105(TWIN LNB) and DISH 500 ( single LNB) and DP34 switch.
61.5=1,119=2, and 105 =3
I had only one receiver connected at that time (508)
Removed the receiver and connected pansat ( b-80 and 312 ). This setup worked fine. As a matter of fact, I had given output from pansat to reciever and recorded the programs.
The pansat SIGNAL lost started until few days ago. When I turned off pansat and on, i could get program for less than 5 minute. The signal quality 0% and level 0%.
IF you disocnnected the pansat and only connect receiver, that was working fine.

I hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us