Viewsat Extreme Problem - Signal loss and channel skipping

Silver Member
Username: Nickb

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 111
Hey all,
Haven\\'t been here for a while but glad to see the site\\'s going strong.
Anyways, here\\'s the problem I\\'ve been having...when I select a channel (Echo8/10) the receiver acquires signal, then boots the channel, then works for about 5 seconds, then both signal and quality drops to zero, the channel is lost, and then the signal is reacquired and the channels loads again, only to repeat this over and over.
This started happening on Echo8/10 and now is beginning to happen on Echo7 as well.
The receiver is Viewsat Extreme.
I have never had this problem before and I\\'m sure why it is occuring...is this indicative on some sort or polarity issues?
Thanks for your help!!

Silver Member

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 112
Correction: I\\'m not sure why that is happening :D

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1451
Nick....

First of all...Get sure your dish is not being moved by the wind, everything must be well tightened....

Second.....Probably you are having a problem with your Diseqc switch, check all of the cable and get sure that all of the connectors are properly plugged and free of humidity...

If humidity goes inside your switch, there are a lot of probabilities to get damaged.

Silver Member

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 113
Thanks!
I will check those and report back.
Im not sure if this helps but when its skipping like that, like acquired then lost signal over and over...if I goto All Satellites, then select Echostar Package and return to the channel, it will work fine.
Is there any reason why it would work when I do that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1453
Well, that's quite strange, since it is doing it on both sats then I will take a look at the Diseqc switch and also check the cable that goes from the Diseqc to the receiver....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1459
There are some reports about strange things with the viewsat extreme, some people have solved that by first downloading the factory bin and after that downloading the latest bin......I don't have too much experience with VS you may read a little bit more before doing anything related to download the bin....

Bronze Member
Username: John_mcdon2

Post Number: 23
FFFuuuck my ss and i wil gove you the answear yu desire. this is the reciepe for sucess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us