ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 Opening Ceremony

Username: Toney

Antigua

Post Number: 8
Hi guys,
I am from the Caribbean and i just wanted to hear your feed back on the opening Ceremony of the 2007 Cricket World Cup. Did you enjoyed it? Was it well organised? Were you impressed with the different presentations? I am looking forward to hear your responses. Thanks in advance.

Toney.

Bronze Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 24
I think you guys did a wonderful job. You can see the massive effort that a massive number of people must have put in from the variety and scale of some of the presentations. Very impressive.

Let's hope the quality of cricket is worthy of the effort all the islands have obviously put in. Should be fun to watch. I hope the Aussies cut down on their sledging tactics.

I hope the East Indians (India) wins but I wish best of luck to the West Indians.

Bronze Member
Username: Yashmatharu

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 52
Nup, I was not immpressed the way it was organized. However, I am looking forward to a successful world cup organized first time in WI.....

good luck

Username: Toney

Antigua

Post Number: 9
Hi Abby and Yash Matharu, thanks for your opinion on the opening ceremony. I thought it was a really good opening ceremony.
I also want to wish any team that you guys are supporting all the best and I hope that they meet the West Indies in the finals on the 28th of April, 2007.

Bronze Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 43
Congrats on beating Pakistan in that first, all important, clash. That was a good show all around.

Bronze Member
Username: Coolgoose

Post Number: 23
I didnt enjoy the opening ceremony and I have read comments from people saying the same.If all I need to see is song and dance then I better watch MTV.

Bronze Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 44
It was an Opening Ceremony of the Cricket World Cup. The theme was a celebration of all the different cultures, their individual beauty and the different and equal beauty created when they mingle with each other.

It was performed by a mixture of professionals and amatures some of whom had to learn unfamiliar dance steps and moves necessary to dance to unfamiliar beats. No, it was not "as good as" MTV but then it was not supposed to be.

A beautiful sunset is beautiful for what it is and does not try to compete with the beauty of marine life in a coral reef.

I guess how good it was depends on what one was looking for and different people look for different things.

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 57
Abby,

i liked the theme but not professionally organized.

I wish india wi to win this cup. good to see pakistan going down. the way they handled dope cases they should have been out of the world cup. Their top players take drugs and they are claiming the injuries. POOR Country.

Bronze Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 45
There you go!
Aaya India: http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=ba1f23a395748b6b08304eaeacf5bd2d.1026554

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 59
Are you from Guyana?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us