VS PVR 7000 dual tuner setup using DPP

Username: Ipodguy

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I searched a lot on this and other websites on how to setup my new Viewsat PVR 7000 but could not find an answer. I hope someone (or at least PRFRMNJ) can help me setup correctly. I am the newbiest newbie but I tried to understand from this excellent thread first:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/325574.html

I already have D1$h Netvv0rk plus receiver setup using the dp plus and that receiver shows following:

Port Sat Device
Port1 119 Twin
Port2 110 Twin
Port3 61.5 N.C.

Now, if I remove the dpp separator and hook the cable directly to the VS PVR (either one of the tuners) then i can get all channels (296, 365 and 127 respectively) and i can watch them without any issues. However, that defeats the purpose of the PVR as I cannot watch most other channels while recording one of them.

If i use the dpp separator and hook two cables to two tuners then I have to search the sat for both the tuners as the channels get divided between the tuners. This setup works for a while and then it just becomes a nightmare after a few days. I get searching signal message on many channels and on others i get full signal but no video or audio. The same channel might work later on after switching a few channels.

Has anyone setup with two tuners using this or similar receiver? Do I need to buy something like a power inserter? Please help.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2300
Change the DishProPlus LNB to a DishPro Quad then run two lines to each dual tunner and that solves your problem. I just got done doing the same installation at a friends house and it works like a charm

Username: Ipodguy

Post Number: 2
thx PRFRMNJ for the quick reply. Unfortunately i dont have option to change the LNB or run two lines inside. Is there any other options like loopback? Why do i get the channels initially but then loose them after a while?

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2306
The only known working configuration for FTA is the one I just stated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us