Major Problem...Please Help!

Bronze Member
Username: Angie_wedgewood

Post Number: 32
Ok here's my issue: I was browsing through the guide yesterday and my CS did the weird flashing thing where it turns off and then back on, but this time when it tried to power back on it didn't work. It seems to be stuck trying to find a channel. When the power comes on it shows up as channel 621 on the tv screen, but keeps coming up with just a 1 on the satelite box and then flashing back off again. It continually does this powering off and on like it can't find a channel or something. I tried loading the new bin as LK suggested but it's still doing the same thing. I can't even get to the menu or anything, nothing works. Did I completely fry my CS box or something? Please tell me there's a way I can fix this! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 297
Try a factory flash before reloading the current bin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Sorry definitely not good with this stuff... What's a factory flash and how do I do it?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8169
Factory flash means upload the original factory bin/file, then upload the latest bin file..whatever web site U are using for files and info will have both of these and more..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Thanks for the response. I did the factory flash and it stopped it from continually turning off and on again, but when I loaded the latest bin file it started doing it all over again. Is there maybe something wrong with that bin or am I just retarded?

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2297
Try downloading the bin from a different site. Sometime files get currupted. Just make sure you go to a trusted site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Yeah I've tried downloading the new bin from 3 different sites now. I don't understand why it doesn't do that with the factory bin but just the 142 bin. Is there anywhere that I can get the 140 bin back? That one worked great for me minus the autoroll but inputting keys is better than no tv at all. Any ideas? I'm getting so frustrated

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Ok I tried loading the 141 bin and it does the same thing, turning on and off continuously. But I loaded the 139 bin and it doesn't do that, it just says scramble channels. I don't understand what's going on. Does anyone know where I can get the 140 bin and see if that one will work for me?

Bronze Member
Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 73
Angie, i think i found the 140 on dsstester on page 4 in the cs section

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yes you certainly did, thanks Stephane. Now I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that this one works for me!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
yeh!! i finally helped someone!!!! lol!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Unfortunately that didn't work for me either. But thanks anyways:-) Does anyone have any idea what's going on with my CS?? Has this happened before or is my system just completely screwed now? Bin 139 doesn't flash on and off, but 140, 141, and 142 do. And I can't watch tv with 139 cause it won't work. Is there any way that I can fix this problem? I loaded the factory reset then right after loaded the 142 bin, and nothing but constant on and off. I wanna cry... Is this fixable?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8175
I suggest u go to the coo*lsat site and see if this is a common problem with bin 141-142..use the Recommended reputable satellite sites thread for more site info and coo*lsat home site..

all receivers are not equal and will react differently...but also many times new bins have bugs and flaws..

U may want to start from scratch with a "factory reset" in menu, upload factory bin , check antenna/dish settings in receiver, scan sats again, upload bin 142..

coo*lsat home site..
Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Thanks for taking the time to answer everyone, I appreciate it a lot. Without smart people like you guys the dumb ones like me would never know what to do Lol.. I did end up checking out a different site and had to completely reset and download everything again, but I finally got it working. Yay! Thanks again for posting everybody!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8176
This will help with any coo*lsat autoroll problems..copy/paste

If you have trouble with autoroll on Coo*lsat
NVRAM Cleaning Helps AutoRoll!!!

I'm running a CS6k with 135 and was having trouble with the autoroll not working. I had to hard boot, i.e. turn off the CS with the switch in the back, every time the keys changed.

I cleaned out my NVRAM and that problem has gone away, now autoroll works fine.

To clean out your NVRAM, hold the power button on the STB and press the up channel button. You will get a new menu that you may not have seen before. Navigate to the NVRAM with the arrow keys on your remote and when highlighted hit select. This will clean out the NVRAM.

This is like doing a database reset so when your done redo all your settings, then autoscan and you'll be good to go..I have tried this and it works on all coo*lsats..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
when i grow up...i wanna be just like LK! Hurray for LK! Seriously you ROCK!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us