289T, 290T and 292T compared.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2123
All of these BINs work with Pansat 2500 and clones and with Fortec Ultra.
289T and 292T work with BEV and DN satellites. The 290T comes in two versions - DN_290T and BEV 290T.
289T does NOT autoroll. 290T and 292T autoroll most of the time. Autoroll function is better on DN. The 292T will autoroll even if the autoroll is off.
All three give some glitches, such as auto reboot and 'scramble channel' message. These problems are much less if you keep auto update and autoroll off.
If you have the genuine Pansat you are likely to have more problems. You may attempt to solve it with the T version but I am unable to say whether it will reduce glitches.
The big difference between 290T and 292T is that the International channels on 61.5W come in nicely with 292T. They were a big problem with the 290T. They are OK with 289T, but you have to do manual key entry.
Of the three, the channel changing is slowest with 292T. If you change channels using the small screen with EPG display it will work better.
I think you will see an improvement if you change from 289T or 290T to 292T. Keep the autoroll and auto TP off.

Bronze Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 15
Nalin Nyda: A very concise and very accurate analysis. Should help a lot of people.

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 305
Good stuff Nalin.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2133
Hope people read instead of of posting questions.

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 286
BTW Nilan i still like the bin 287T the best out of all the others you mention

Bronze Member
Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 98
thanks Nalin, i will give it a try. i went to my folks house today and dropped off my vs ultra. i took back their pancrap clone 2700. so i'll be using it till i can get rid of the 2 clones i have left.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Nalin, good news....i've loaded the 297t whiched everyone seemed to have lots of problems with. anyhow i loaded in the 2700 n2 clone, removed the auto tp & autoroll. it took about 8-10mins annd the keys rolled and it's been running for alost 2 hours glitch free!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
Nalin, good news....i've loaded the 297t whiched everyone seemed to have lots of problems with. anyhow i loaded in the 2700 n2 clone, removed the auto tp & autoroll. it took about 8-10mins annd the keys rolled and it's been running for almost 2 hours glitch free!!

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 624
Nalin Nyda,

So, basically...is bin 292T overall better than previous bins? Please reply soon. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2142
292T is not perfect but is a great imnprovement over both 289T and 290T. The only person who may get an adverse expereince would be somebody scanning unusual places. As long as you are scanning
82/91W and/or 110/119W and/or 61.5/121/148W you are OK.

Bronze Member
Username: Buddho81

Post Number: 15
I jut loaded 292t in my fortec...seems like it's working fine and autoroll is working I think!

ENjoy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us