Some Channels Missing

Username: Reddy7004

Post Number: 3
Sorry for posting my question at wrong thread...Pls help PRFMNJ

Hello.. please help anyone and esp. PRFRMNJ

My friend helped in installing all files into ViewSat Extreme and also scanned my box with his dish settings(im assuming TP frequencies are copied for his dish position). I have balcony facing SE, I am pointing to EchoStar 3 61.5 and I have Signal and Quality coming over 80% but all channels are not coming say I get ZTV channels and PPV movies but not PPV sports or Sony Channel. I tried moving dish but no use either I get nothing or getting some channels.

This was working when I hook this upto my friend dish position who lives 60 miles away and he set up on TP frequency 12224 but I am not catching any signal on this TP frequency but I got more than 80 % on TP frequency 12501 and I used blind scan after installing disc and I got 127 TV channels and 29 radio channels scanned but out these 127 Im getting only 20 channels with pictures and when I go to either Sony or PPV sports it is showing "searching for signal".

What am I doing wrong here ? Also, Im new to this satellites... I reading TP8 TP9 what is this stand for ?

Appreciated

Post Number: 4
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Senators

Post Number: 102
o.k try this do a blind scan on 61.5 and see what happens. but blind scan will take some time.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for your reply. I already did blind scan but still Im getting "searching for signal" when I go to PPV sports or Sony channel.

Silver Member
Username: Senators

Post Number: 103
go to this site it the home site of viewsat

totalfta.com

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8170
U need to realign your dish correctly..

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2296
I agree (not that LK needs my validation), but you have an alignment problem. If some channels are coming in and others are not then you are pointed in the right direction, just not aligned correctly. You need to maximize your signal to make sure you get ALL TP's.

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1428
Align dish also involves checking the leveling of your dish mounting base, it is very important in order to point to the sat and get the maximum signal level.

Sometimes the dish is properly pointed but having a bad leveling on the mounting base will cause to loose some TP's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1429
There is also good to check for "nut & bolts" properly tightened...

I remember there were a nice and funny thread about nut & bolts several mounts ago.....LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1430
months...LOL.....

and also there have been too many mounts after that...LOL

Post Number: 6
Thanks for your replies..Please bear with me as Im new to the fta. As you said, I am not having signal strength on lot of TP's but only few (as I thought these TP's change depending upon location). Say, I don't have any strength on TP 12239, 12297, 12326, 12355 but more than 80% on TP 12501 (all tp's for echostar 3 at 61.5). How does TP's matter in getting channels (I need some basic understanding of TP's). I am using dish 500 where it got SKEW and ELEVATION in the back and all websites has Elevation and Azimuth but not SKEW (some websites say polarization
-17.8 for my location 21117, Owings Mills, MD) how to convert this -17.8 skew into my dish ?
I am using Viewsat Extreme 2000.

Also can someone tell me how to set up/see TP2 or TP3 or TP8 ?

I appreciate your help.. looking forward for your suggestions

Gold Member

Post Number: 1432
TP's are the containers for the channels...

Think in a post office where there are a lot of mailboxes, there are letters inside those mailboxes....

The satellite is the post office...

The mailboxes are the transponders or TP's...

The letters are the channels.......

What is written on the letters is the channel programming...or TV programs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1433
I love to explain that analogy..........

Bronze Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 16
Simply put: TPs are just different locations on a radio dial. Every position on a radio dial does not have a radio station broadcasting on it.

Some TPs are empty and others may carry a multiple of channels. The provider often changes some channels from one TP to the other.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1434
You only need to worry about Azimuth and elevation to align your dish....

Elevation is the angle that your dish have related to a horizontal line..

Azimuth is the North-South position where you have to aim your dish to point to...

Where are you located???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1435
SKEW is the position in degrees of the little microwave antenna element mounted inside the LNB (that little box that is mounted at the dish arm)...

In some LNB's that little antenna can be rotated and adjusted, that is made from the settings at the installation menu at your receiver where the sats are configured, you will see that setting, the name varies from receiver to receiver....

Post Number: 7
Thank You guys... These are TP's for echostar 3 (from lyngsat) 12239, 12297, 12326, 12355, 12384, 12414, 12443, 12472, 12501, 12530, 12574, 12603, 12632, 12661, 12676

which means I should make sure I have some signal and quality on most of them. Having singal and quality on one or two TP's makes some channels missing. Am I saying right ?

Nikk Mty .. I am located in near to Baltimore, MD (exact location is Owings Mills, MD 21117, latitude 39.4 and longitude -76.7854). So I don't need to worry about SKEW.. is it right ?

websites showing elevation 41.7 and azimuth 166.8 (magnetic north) for my location. How sure my apt is exactly horizontal ?? should Im fix my dish at 41.7 or going up and down at 41 is OK ??

Thanks for your prompt replies

Post Number: 8
Nikk Mty.. I have Dish 500 and View Sat Extreme 2000... Should this receiver has capable to adjust little atenna inside LNB to get signal and quality on all TP's ?

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1436
Reddy...

You are right on all what you are saying....

You don't have to worry if your apt is exactly horizontal, but need to check the dish mounting base using a small bubble level that you can buy at any home depot...

The image below shows where your dish must point to in order to get the Echo 3 sat at your location..notice the azimuth and elevation indicated there...the red line is where your dish must point to...

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1437
Go to the settings at the installation menu and adjust the value for the skew but, first of all get sure if your dish is properly mounted and aligned.

I wouldn't worry about skew at this time....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1438
The center of the circle at the image is the center of your dish and the arm must point in the direction of the red line....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1439
ok, I'm going out, see you in a couple of hours, I guess you have enough things to do at this moment...have fun.....

Bronze Member
Username: Fattay

Post Number: 21
I was having problems with bev 91/82 awile back, I had great signal,quality on some transponders, and 50/60% on the others. My settings said to set skew at 14.9/15 , and till I "set" this I coundn't straighten it out. I took out a protracter,stuck it on the side of the Lnb support arm, and "set" my skew. Very very important. I was going nuts for a week or so, and ask alot of questions and received alot of help from everyone here, but that was my problem. Any way, hope this helps, and thanks again.

Post Number: 9
Hi Nik...I appreciate your help buddy... You mean I should put dish mounting base exactly on a horizontal base or what ? If so, I don't have much choice if my base is not horizontal as I have little balcony... If I see my base is not horizontal I go up and down on 41.7 ... what do you say ? Also, one strange thing I noticed at my apt. is all websites showing 156.7 (true north) and 166.8 (magnetic north) but Im getting signal and quality for echo star 3 on TP 12501 and few more at 155 (magnetic north) when I checked with compass and no signal and quality at 166 (magnetic north). Does it sound strange or am I doing wrong ?

Post Number: 10
Thanks Yengerson... my setting for SKEW is -17.8 and Im using Dish 500 how to set skew for negative values (as dish 500 has values from positive 38 to 142) Please help how you set up with protractor ?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Fattay

Post Number: 22
You can buy a protractor from tool store/sears. Mine has a magnetic strip on the bottom ,so you can hang it on metal. Make sure you keep it away from your compass/lnbs. Dont know if it will affect lnbs or not,but better to be careful. I know it will mess up your compass. On your support arm connected/holding up your lnbs,hold this protractor on the side of this support arm ,(not on the lnbs), and skew your dish to desired % . If you skew / tilt your dish(skew setting) straight up and down , your protractor will read 0 ,then just turn/skew dish to desired %. Hope this helps.

Username: Kilvio_25

Toronto Canada

Post Number: 8
Hi can somebody helpme please. how do I get sat 110 & 119 from 2 different dish to my reciver pansat 2500
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Please update on my last question. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8188
lopez...please, READ for 2 minutes..disque switch

Gold Member

Post Number: 1440
Reddy...

Is not neccesary for the base to be horizontal, just properly leveled, could be mounted horizontal or vertical, the thing is that if it is not properly leveled, you could be a couple of degrees off from the point your dish has to point.

About the compass reading, there is always a small drift depending on where you are located, those numbers must be used as a reference, of course, the right point is where you can get the maximum signal level.

If after checking all about the dish alignment you find it is ok and your problem persists, then go to the suggestions about skew that Yegerson said...I can not think about anything else...

It could also help if your friend can take some pictures about his dish installation and send them to you to compare it with yours..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1441
Also the arm where the dish is mounted must be completely vertical, there is also a signal loose if there is not a clear sight view of the horizon, (trees or buildings in front of your dish)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Thanks to all who helped me in setting up my dish.. esp Nikk ..

I was able to set up dish for echostar 3 and here is the strange thing Im not getting any signal or quality on TP's 12224, 12239, 12253, 12282, 12297.... 12661 but getting on TP's 6227, 6256, 6286, 6315, 6344, 6373, 6577 and this way Im missing some channels. Any suggestions how to get all channels ? And also is there any list for channels coming in TP's 6227, 6256, 6286, 6315, 6344, 6373, 6577 ?? In Lyngsat channels are listed for TP's 12224, 12239, 12253, 12282, 12297.... 12661.

Any help is appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 1445
Reddy....

There is one thing I was thinking about, is your LNB the same as the one your friend has???

The LNB type must match what you have in your configuration, those TP's you say are strange numbers...take a look at your LNB and check for any label that can help to identify it....I'm guessing that is you problem.....

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 777

Hey Nikk
You get an A, very nicely done.
Reddy was doing good fellowing your instructions,
then he had to move his Dish or like you have said, maybe his Mast is not plumb.Now he is too far to the East and picking up Audio Frequencies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1446
Kavin....

I didn't got your point.......

Am I wrong or is there a little bit of sarcasm here??.....

Any other ideas to help Reddy are also wellcome here...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks Nik and Kavin.. I appreciate your help...

Eventhough I don't have TP's 12224, 12239, 12253, 12282, 12297.... 12661 Im getting more than 70 % of Signal and Quality thru TP's 6227, 6256, 6286, 6315, 6344, 6373, 6577 for EchoStar 3 (So Im getting around 50 channels like Im PPV sports, Set Max, Set, Sony, B4UMU etc but not all). I am missing ZCinema, B4U movies and few others (i checked channels in LyngSat). One thing I learned from this forum (by PRFRMNJ: The switch depeneds on the LNB. If you are running DishPro Twin/Quad then use a DP34. If you are running DishProPlus Twin then use a DPP44) that DISEcQ/Switch is LNB specific not Receiver specific as Im using that came with ViewSat receiver to connect my echostar 3 and nimiq 2 satellites. I have Dish Pro Twin so should I buy DP34 to get right TP's ? With Nimiq 2 dish I am able to pick up some TP's on 12224....12661 but most of them are on TP's 6227.....6999 and some channels missing on nimiq 2 too.

Kevin, Yes Im living near to Atlantic Ocean (Baltimore, MD) Is it a problem to get signal and quality on Tp's starting with 12's ?

Bottom line with your help I am getting most of the channels I wanted to see.. but any help is appreciated to get all channels.

Kevin posted following message in other thread.....
Hey Reddy
You Dish is not on EchoStar 3 @ 61.5W.
Too far East,you are pickup Audio Frequencies
from Eastern Satellites.Now if you could pickup the video, you be in business.

BTW you must live on or near the Atlantic Ocean.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1450
Reddy...

Since this have became a little bit complicated I think we are missing some points here....

Let's try to go back to the basis now.....

Would you mind to describe with the most details all of what you have installed and how you have everything connected??

It will also help if you can post a screenshot of your configuration screen for both sats.....

Let's try to organize all of the information first, then try to make a diagnostic on what is happening....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Nik.. You are great...I appreciate your reply.. sure to post all the info once I go back to home (may be after 2 - 3 hours) or else if you don't mind I can chat/phone to you ( if you are busy i can post the details of my installation tonight)..

My contact: 718 607 4595

Gold Member

Post Number: 1452
Reddy...

Let's keep the info here, then someone else can help and or to learn from this experience, I'm also at work so don't worry, post the details whenever you get ready...

I'm not in the US so, phone conversation will be expensive.....just let's go on to the details and I'm sure we will finish by solving this issue...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thanks..I do it tonight

Silver Member

Post Number: 778

Hey Nikk
NO,NO, By all means, you are right.
What ever gave you that idea?
Read my post again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1456
Kavin...

Sorry buddy, I misunderstood that...my fault..

Let's see if we can finally help Reddy to get those missing channels...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Here are details about my installation:

I brought Viewsat extreme 2000 receiver and Dish 500 along with Dish Pro twin lnb's from TrussSatellite (auth. viewsat dealer) and I went to my friend home (70 miles away) and he installed .pgm file(bin file) and Opkey file. After successful loading into STB he hooked up my receiver to his dish's (he got one pointing to echostar 3 at 61.5 and other pointing to nimiq 2 at 91) and did blindscan for those two satellites (as I got the same view as him... South East).

I came to my home and on the way I picked up another dish (used one) and my aim is to point to echostar 3 and nimiq 2 or 1. With you help and websites help I got all elevation and azimuth for both satellites and I tried to get singal using compass but was unable to get after few attempts then I took liberty to change elevations and azimuth and succeded partially to get signal and strenght. My setting are below

1. echostar 3 pointed at elevation 43.0 and azimuth 160 (true north) (these are supposed to be 41.7 elevation and 166.8 true north)

2. nimiq 2 pointed at elevation 50 and azimuth 190 true north (these supposed to be 44.1 and 198.3 true north)

My location: Lat: 39 degrees 24 minutes
Long: 76 degrees 47 minutes

or Owings Mills, MD 21117

for nimiq 1 i should point to 42.1 elevation and 211.9 but this angle is exactly intercepting my house (in pic this angle is exactly my black grills and some roof is coming outwards so no clear sky for this angle)

dish on grill with dual LNB is pointing to nimiq 2 and on floor is pointing to echostar 3

Intersting thing is Im getting nimiq 2 on both lnb's from dish that is on grill.

Im using viewsat disecq/switch to connect both dishes (port 1 echostar 3, port 2 and port 3 nimiq 2 actually getting better signal from right lnb wich is port 3)

I have adjusted SKEW (rotation) after getting signal to get more TP's and Quality and I would say in the given direction Im getting more TP's.

As I said earlier Im getting TP's on 6227, 6256, 6286, 6315, 6344, 6373, 6577 for EchoStar 3 but not 12224, 12239, 12253, 12282, 12297.... 12661.
and for nimiq 2 (from rightside lnb) Im getting on 12224....12661 but most of them are on TP's 6227.....6999 and this way Im mssing some channels.

One thing you should keep in mind, my friend has wrong elevation say he put it on 30 degree which is supposed to be on 40 on both dishes but not missing channels and gettting signal and quality on TP's starting with 12...

system settings are shown in pics.

I tried to put dish perfect direction using compass but not getting anything (compass my be wrong on some degrees ) in that direction but Im happy as degrees are not too off.

Please help in getting all channels and tell me how to get both nimiq 1 and nimiq 2 using dish on the grill. I was told that if I get nimiq 2 on the left hand side LNB, I can get nimiq 1 from right hand side LNB.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1460
Reddy....

I should say you have a installation I have never seen before......

Ok, here's one thing...

You have LNB's different than the Universal, your config indicates LNB Universal but there should be more options, for the kind of LNB's you have the set up must be OCS-DP instead of Universal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2332
Reddy - You need to change your switch. You should be using a DP34 and not a DISEcQ. Your DishPro Twin has a build switch.

You need to connect two outputs of the DishPro twin to the first two inputs of the DP34 and then another input from your second dish. Then your antena setting should be:

91 = 1
82 = 2
61.5 = 3

The reason you cannot use a DISEcQ switch is because of your DishPro twin LNB. You can either change the LNB to DishPro Duals and run the DISEcQ or get rid of the DISEcQ and run a DP34.

Last but not least, you have no skew set on the Dish500. In order for the Dish to pick up all available TP's you need to set the skew on the dish itself.

In other words the dish has to tilt in order for the lnb to be able to pick up both sats 81 & 91.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Thanks for your quick reply but I dont see any gain but rather loosing signal and quality by changing LNB type to OCS - DP. Any other suggestions is appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1465
Reddy...

Do what PRFRMNJ says, he is very experienced on the Viewsat receivers and the kind of LNB's you have, the setting must be as OCS-DP since in that way the receiver will now on which frecuency range it will work.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Thanks PRFRMNJ and Nik .. I try to get that switch but I dont know what SKEW i should put for my location. When I see websites they are telling - 17.8 or something which is not in back of the dish 500. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1466
When you change to OCS-DP type, are you getting the TP's different from the 6227, 6256, 6286, 6315, 6344, 6373 and 6577 at Echo3????

What I will do is put a mark on the dish just to avoid loosing the actual reference, then change the LNB type to OCS-DP and play a little bit with the dish pointing and elevation angle...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1467
to see if you can get the most of the signal...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I changed it to OCS-DP and did satscan and I m getting different TP's and none of the TP's have signal and quality and got 0 video and 0 audio channels.

By the way what is the difference between Blind Scan and Sat Scan on Viewsat extreme?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1470
Blindscan is used to get from the sat the TP and channel info...

SatScan will use the TP's pre-programmed info that your receiver has to scan for channels at those TP's...

This time you changed to OCS-DP and did the scan, what TP number you got??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Goodnews on EchoStar 3.. Im getting all channels... more than 170 b/n 6000 to 7000.

I had signal on most of the TP's b/n the above range but not quality on some TP's so I went to Channel Scan and Changed Polarity from 'H' to 'V' whereever needed and I got all channels covered including local channels.

Thanks for your help.

Now I should work on nimiq 2/1 dish... May be tomm.

Talk to you guys later.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1471
Reddy.....

It's great to hear you finally made it!!!

What you did different this time??

Changed the settings??
Moved dish???

Please share here on what you did....for others to learn too..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Nik... thanks for your help buddy... I didnt change the dish.. As I said earlier eventhough I don't have signal or quality on TP's starting with 12's... I have good Signal and Quality on TP's b/n 6000 to 7000. Few TP's b/n this range got both signal and quality and few TP's have only Signal BUT NOT Quality so what I did in Installation --> Channel Scan --> Edit TP and changed polarization on those TP's where it got only Signal but not quality from 'H' to 'V' and saved and those missing quality TP's has got Quality after I change polarization and I did scan and this way I picked up more channels (including locals) and I checked channel list with LyngSat and I got almost all.

I didnt move dish atall.

I learned where I have Signal but not quality can be picked up by changing Polarization in settings.

--------------------------------------------

I still have to fix my second dish bcos I m still getting only nimiq 2 from both LNB's. I don't know whether my balacony is good to get nimiq 1 at 91 (211 degrees mag. north) bcos this direction is exactly parallel to my balocony and I have roof coming outwards (which makes no clear sky for dish) but I have view of nimiq 2 at 82 (198 degree mag. north).

My question to you guys is if I point my left side LNB to nimiq 2 shud the rightside lnb pick up nimiq 1 ?? as these are located in 9 degrees apart and my Y shape LNB is also 9 degrees apart ?

Also, I just want to know some basics of

1. what .pgm or bin file do when you load into STB. What is the purpose of this ?

2. what is factory bin file ?

3. I was told I need to download latest patches (not keys) sometimes if I don't get pic or audio. what is this for ?

4. what is opkey file ?

Thanks for your support

Gold Member

Post Number: 1475
Reddy....

Don't forget to do what PRFRMNJ said about the DP34, I'm sure that will make your equipment to work properly all combined...

I'm guessing that you had to do what you did because of the kind of LNB's that you have since those ones have different power requirements cause they are designed to work specifically with DN receivers....anyway.....enjoy your TV and let us know about any finding you can make while testing...

The bin file will define the way the receiver will work, it is like the operating system in a computer.

The "Factory bin file" is the bin that the manufacturer installed into the receiver before sending it out to the distributor, if you download a factory bin to a receiver you are putting the receiver in a state it had just before leaving the factory...

The opkey file is just a hexa file (written out as an executable, understood by the receiver bin file) that adds a set of keys to your receiver and saves you from entering the keys in a Viewsat manually.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
will buy DP34 switch and Update you... may be little later... As I m getting whatever I want esp. world cup cricket in echostar 3 at 471 channel.

About basics, If Im not wrong...

1. The .pgm or bin file is the one that depends upon receiver (like viewsat or cool sat) need to be loaded to instruct receiver how to work (means converting signal into audio and video).

2. Opkeys is a program that updates key automatically for the receiver .

What about the patches that we may need to download once in a while... what are these files ?

And also, If I point to 82 nimiq 2 with twin lnb I should get nimiq 1 with other lnb automatically right (given that second lnb is in right direction)?

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1477
Reddy...

You are right on what you say, here are the graphic for Nimiq 1 & 2, notice the little difference in the elevation angle so you may need to tilt the dish a little bit...

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2339
Reddy - Find out what the lest expensive option. Buying a DP34 or buying two dual DishPro LNB's. Like the one you have on the second dish. If you use the two dual DishPro LNB's to replace the DishPro Twin then you can use your DISEcQ and it's a lot easier to setup for someone with little experience with the DishPro Twin Setup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Thanks for your suggestion... Does DISH SW64 works for me ? Becos Im getting this switch for less. Also, Can you advise on getting nimiq 2 and nimiq 1 (pls read above posts). The assumptions for getting second satellite (nimiq 1) channels if I point to one satellite (nimiq 2) is right ??

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/290548142.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1485
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1486

Gold Member

Post Number: 1487
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1488
sorry...it went 3 times have no idea why...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Thanks Nik.. If I am able to point left hand side LNB to nimiq 2 .. by default i get nimiq 1 from right side LNB ? or else do I need to set right side LNB to nimiq 1 so that by default I get nimiq 1 from left side LNB ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2342
Reddy - Nimiq 1 is 91 and Nimiq 2 is 81. That means that Nimiq 2 should be the one you point out as being #1 and Nimiq 2 the other way around.

As far as the SW64 - It will not work with DishPro pro equipment. This type of switch is designed for standard (legacy) type LNB's. The easiest thing to do is to just get Single (dual output) DishPro LNB's like the one on your second dish and connect them to your DISEcQ switch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2343
Typo - I meant to say Nimiq 2 is 82

Gold Member

Post Number: 2344
But that only resolves half of your problem. You still need to address the Skew issue on your dish. If you don't set the Skew on the dish, you will not be able to get both. Because of the 9 degree separation between these Sats you need to tilt the LNB's in order to get both of them. For what I'm told, the Skew is pretty much the same for both sats.

Because I don't know where you are located at, I can only give you proximate. The skew should be set between 115 and 140. But if you give me a zip code I could probably get you a lot closer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Thanks PRFRMNJ. I will look around to get DP34 or single dishpro LNB's ( I already had one as the used dish came with two single dishpro lnb's). I dont understand this sentance "That means that Nimiq 2 should be the one you point out as being #1 and Nimiq 2 the other way around. " can you repeat... sorry.... I m loacate in Owings Mills, MD 21117 (Lat: 39 degrees 24 minutes Long: 76 degrees 47 minutes) .. can you send exact elevation and SKEW for DISH 500.

Is it possible to pickup nimiq 1 eventhough I have clear sky for half of the dish ?

I appreciate it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2349
Nimiq 2 which is 82 degrees West should be the LHB on the left of your dish as you face it. Nimiq 1 which is 91 degrees West should be the one on the right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 779

Hey Reddy
Correction, facing your dish, Nimiq 2 @82.oW is
to your right side, just like Nikk's picture above.

Your Bin files or settings are not right.
In USER SETUP for TV Type what is it set on?
PAL,NTSC, or AUTO?

Downlink Frequencies for Ku Banks are in the 11th and 12th, and the 30th and 40th for C Band.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Thanks Kavin and PRFRMNJ. I need to check on TV Type... what it is supposed to be ?? PAL or NTSC or AUTO ? so that I can change it accordingly.

PRFRMNJ: please send me exact SKEW and Elevation for getting nimiq 1 and 2 as your promised.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us