Think most agree that vs is #1 but who is #2 reciever/support ?

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1373
I'm thinking maybe co0lsat because of their aux carded fix,I like that as a good backup option.Also safe and secure as compared to internet connection.I want to replace my 2700a and already have a vs ulta,but like to have different camp support also.Never put all your eggs in one basket deal.

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 42
ps has been trouble free but the 295 seems to be better than 297

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8153
Extremeview Magnum rates with the Viewsat Ultra....Pansat sucks!...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
ohh well mine'ps' works fine

Gold Member

Post Number: 8158
and I suppose U drink the koolaid too!...my toilet works fine too, but I wouldn't buy another one!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
i dont understand how it can get any better, picture is mint and if a channel doesnt come in turn it off and it works again.. this is my first fta and everyone helped.. thats great...i dont drink koolaid i drink CANADIAN

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
oh yeah the epg does suck

Gold Member

Post Number: 1375
I'm keeping a eye on magnum,but they are still pretty new in the game.Co0lsat have been around for awhile and have proven that using the genuine nag cam will be a formitable fix against future echostar emm's .This cam is also protected from the stream ,which is safer than carded and cardless echostar ird's.They can also use just emu bin's too !What else can compare to them other than vs supported ird's ?

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 912
I just can't understand how Pansat's top of the line receiver, the 3500, have so many problems. Future actually says that just by turning the box off at the back can sometimes cause it to die and then you need to jtag. ridiculous. That just shows what a sad state Pansat is in.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 315
My 2 cents is cool*at, they have been quite stable for a while and fast updates. Captiveworks has been good too, and depending on your model, Pansat has been quick with updates also. My goal is to have a VS, CS, CW, PS and an extremeview. Im getting there :-)

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 372
my vote gos to cw600p great support great pitcher eazy to us and the new hd 3000 from captive works will blow the sox of the fta world this box got it all Heres the info on the CaptiveWorks 3000HD.

CW-3000HD Hi-Def Linux FTA and ATSC Home Entertainment Platform

Hardware:
- Processor: Powerful AMD 3000+ 64Bit Processor
- Memory: 512MB DDRII RAM Expandable to 8GB
- Flash Drive: 1GB Fast System Flash
- Hard Drive: Not Included
- Video: MPEG2 and MPEG4 Acceleration
- Satellite Tuner:
- Input terminal: F-type 75 Ohm
- Receiving frequency: 950~2150 MHz tuning range
- Input level: -65~-25dBm
- Support MCPC and SCPC
- Symbol rate: 2~45 Msps
- FEC Codes: 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8 and Auto
- QPSK
- ATSC Tuner:
- Latest LG 5th generation tuner for enhanced reception.
- Supports QAM 64 and QAM 256 Cable signals.
- One TV antenna 75 ohm reception port.
- One S-Video input port.
- One stereo connection jack to sound card for analog TV.
- Video Output: VGA/HDMI or DVI/Component/S-Video
- Audio Ouput: Analog and SPDIF Dolby Digital Audio output
- USB Ports: 4 USB v2.0 ports on back panel and 2 USB v2.0 ports on front panel.
- Media Reader: All In One Media Reader. Supports most popular flash cards.
- Ethernet Port: RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbits compatible.
- DVDRW: Read/Write DVDs and CDs.

Software :
- Open Source and available for download online
- Linux Operating System - Version 2.6 Kernel
- Powerful X Windows Environment
- Java 1.42 Graphical User Interface
- Software Upgradeable Via Internet and/or USB Storage Device
- Firefox browser with support for popular plugins including Flash

Multimedia Software:
- DVB-S Free To Air Using Open Source Video Disk Recorder (VDR)
- ATSC Reception Using Open Source Video Disk Recorder (VDR)
- EPG (Electronic Program Guide) Support - Stored on Hard Drive
- Remotely Schedule Recordings via Web Based Interface
- Automatic Channel Scanning
- Comprehensive DVR Functionality
- Pause Live TV With Full Fast-Forward and Rewind Capability
- Timer Recording Through Program Guide
- Automatic Timer Recording For Series and Daily/Weekly Programs
- Grid And List Style Electronic Program Guides Stored on Hard Drive
- Updates Download via the Internet
- Internet TV (IP TV) Streaming Video Player (*)
- Peer To Peer TV (P2P TV) Streaming Video Player (*)
- Customizable User Interface via Themes
- Video Player For popular video formats.
- Music Player For popular audio formats including MP3 and WMA.
- DVD Player/Writer
- CD Player/Writer

* Requires Optional Wireless Keyboard
can Extremeview Magnum do what the cw3000 can and read that cw will get hd on dish and no othere box can keep up the good work cw and team have nice day all

Silver Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 168
call me crazy but my piece of $hyt pansat 2500 works just fine...im sure there are better ones out there, but this poor old thing is doing its job....for the 45 dollars i paid for this receiver, i'm more than satisfied...

Bronze Member
Username: Ganjaman

Post Number: 46
I recently got a SonicView SV-PVR1000 and the EPG, functions and user interface is excellent. If you're more into picture quality than the bells and whistles, the Pansat 3500SD (with virtually no pixelation) is king.

Bronze Member
Username: Ganjaman

Post Number: 47
I have found that "support" with specific reference to who comes out with the quickest fix, is a quality that is way too temperamental to consider when deciding which manufacturer to choose. History has shown that the popular brands have responded to all ECMs of the past.

Bronze Member
Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 72
pansat clone or not....NEVER again!!! i like my vs ultra. i heard good things about extremeview and c00lsat. but i will stay away from pansat....i think you get what you pay for...

Bronze Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 30
Can't say for sure.

Its seems best is Viewsat, Than Panset than coolset etc.

I have Ariza and i know its right at the bottom.

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 53
Is not only how fast we get the fix, You have to consider the quality of picture and software performance when you change channels. To avoid all this headaches I bought my Vs Ultra and also my Cw600sp. They both work like cad.

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 913
Viewsat was the first with fixes during the last ecms. They have great support. I'll stick with VS. Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
and captive works did work all summer when viewsat did not with card sharing keep up the good work cw and team

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
true, I miss my 600premium, I will be replacing it as soon as possible :-)

Username: Dirtystinkindemocrat

Post Number: 6
Its true that VS has the best modern units at the moment. But that`s only because Pansat has more older equipment due to the fact that they have been around longer.

My Vs Plat works quite well but ask the guys with the dead units.

VS has had problems with bins for some time now,while Pansat/BL has been ahead as far as bins go for about 2 months. VS had problems with auto roll when BL was delivering.

My pansat 2700 a`s are FANTASTIC.

Having said all that, PANSAT is number 1 because BL is the best coder.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8177
U must be Republican cause your facts are "tainted" and incorrect...Pansat bins rate with Fortec bins, in the garbage..they don't compare to VS bins...BL and Bush speak the same language, "ignorant BS"..

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
my budy put bin in viewsat ex last saturday and now his box is dead and it was not a clone had it for 1 month and now out 200 dollers it is garbage and the sad part he try to bring back to store and guy told him sorry can not help you then budy at store got him to buy viewsat ultra i told my budy he is geting ripped off now he spent 450 on those boxs and stille not working right

Bronze Member
Username: Hemanjoyman

Post Number: 17
Well, I have two VS extreme and I got them for $140 each and they both work just fine.

Post Number: 7
LK
Gold Member

Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 08:38 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U must be Republican cause your facts are "tainted" and incorrect...Pansat bins rate with Fortec bins, in the garbage..they don't compare to VS bins...BL and Bush speak the same language, "ignorant BS"..

No everything I said was true and it was and is my opinion.

What got up your craw, as they say

As for GW Bush OUR PRESIDENT, he is the best President ever IMHO, but what does that have to do with the question of what unit do people think is the best??

Your momma must have not cuddled with you as a child??

More than a third of the country shares my feelings for the President!!!!

So I guess gays and people that dont support the troops and their cause, hate the President. I dont understand their hatred. Basically it comes down to do you believe in God. People that believe in God generally give the President high marks.Those that believe in homosexuality and abortion, generally our against the President and the troops and are more apt to be dirty democrats.

I must say LK, I am sad to hear that you are a democrat, I had hoped for better from you.

Vast majority of Dems are openly rooting for the troops to die and fail in Iraq. All this is driven by their warped hatred for President Bush.

Pansat #1 btw.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
the binary files are being provided. The people that actually provide them should'nt be crap'd on

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonarmy_1

RYERSON, @ PEACE ... What a...

Post Number: 278
Dirty Democrat u are just plain stupid... talking like that shiit.

"More than a third of the country shares my feelings for the President!!!!" And what does this teach u about the majority of the country? Maybe ur not paying attention yet.

What are u talking about: ""Those that believe in homosexualty..."}? What does this mean? Do u doubt that sexualty exists? Or are u just saying u disapprove, or what exactly are u talking about?

U've been watching way way way too much FOX News... comparing disapproval for the corrupt President 2 the troops. Are u telling me u still can't see how he uses the troops as a backdrop for his photo-ops?

Are u the only one still falling for the propaganda? Even Billy Bob, and Bobby Sue have figured this oil-licking, money grubbing tight azz out.

A true "patriot", if u believe in the word, is one who speaks up when the country needs it. Not persons who stay silent during obvious crimes, lying, and corruption.

This day in age, can u put any Republican in the Whitehouse and not get corruption?

Nixon and his Watergate. Reagan and his Iran Contra, Bush and his lies about Panama and read my lips speech.

And now this buffoon who nearly choked himself on a pretzel - he's made it easy for even the simpleton living under a rock 2 figure out his President is as crooked as they come.

"
Vast majority of Dems are openly rooting for the troops to die and fail in Iraq. All this is driven by their warped hatred for President Bush." <---- evidence of lunacy, call the whitecoats again, we have another one loose.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1388
Thats whats best about Ryerson,give the medicine straight,no sugar coating here! Sugar and koolaid ?republicans like that,then the medicine doesn't taste so bad.

Bronze Member
Username: John_mcdon2

Post Number: 14
place 2 d1(ks in mcdons a$$h0le. thank you. come again. recipe for success puch my vagin to make it shoot yellow comemm. PLease come 2 my site.

Post Number: 8
hane
Bronze Member

Les Cedres , quebec
Canada

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 01:08 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pansat clone or not....NEVER again!!! i like my vs ultra. i heard good things about extremeview and c00lsat. but i will stay away from pansat....i think you get what you pay for...

asp lover
Bronze Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 02:04 pm:

Can't say for sure.

Its seems best is Viewsat, Than Panset than coolset etc.

I have Ariza and i know its right at the bottom.

da-neegha
Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 02:07 pm:

Is not only how fast we get the fix, You have to consider the quality of picture and software performance when you change channels. To avoid all this headaches I bought my Vs Ultra and also my Cw600sp. They both work like cad.

Hawaiian_time
Silver Member

Kanaka freakin Maoli

Post Number: 913
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 03:06 pm:

Viewsat was the first with fixes during the last ecms. They have great support. I'll stick with VS.

bruce l
Silver Member

Post Number: 376
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 05:09 pm:

and captive works did work all summer when viewsat did not with card sharing keep up the good work cw and team

edenman
Silver Member

Post Number: 316
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 11:49 pm:

true, I miss my 600premium, I will be replacing it as soon as possible :-)

Dirty Democrat

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 08:26 am:

Its true that VS has the best modern units at the moment. But that`s only because Pansat has more older equipment due to the fact that they have been around longer.

My Vs Plat works quite well but ask the guys with the dead units.

VS has had problems with bins for some time now,while Pansat/BL has been ahead as far as bins go for about 2 months. VS had problems with auto roll when BL was delivering.

My pansat 2700 a`s are FANTASTIC.

Having said all that, PANSAT is number 1 because BL is the best coder.

LK
Gold Member

bruce l
Silver Member

Post Number: 377
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 10:10 am:

my budy put bin in viewsat ex last saturday and now his box is dead and it was not a clone had it for 1 month and now out 200 dollers it is garbage and the sad part he try to bring back to store and guy told him sorry can not help you then budy at store got him to buy viewsat ultra i told my budy he is geting ripped off now he spent 450 on those boxs and stille not working right

Sup Yo
Bronze Member
Username: Hemanjoyman

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 03:11 pm:

Well, I have two VS extreme and I got them for $140 each and they both work just fine.

Dirty Democrat

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 03:47 pm:

LK
Gold Member

No everything I said was true and it was and is my opinion.

What got up your craw, as they say

As for GW Bush OUR PRESIDENT, he is the best President ever IMHO, but what does that have to do with the question of what unit do people think is the best??

Your momma must have not cuddled with you as a child??

More than a third of the country shares my feelings for the President!!!!

So I guess gays and people that dont support the troops and their cause, hate the President. I dont understand their hatred. Basically it comes down to do you believe in God. People that believe in God generally give the President high marks.Those that believe in homosexuality and abortion, generally our against the President and the troops and are more apt to be dirty democrats.

I must say LK, I am sad to hear that you are a democrat, I had hoped for better from you.

Vast majority of Dems are openly rooting for the troops to die and fail in Iraq. All this is driven by their warped hatred for President Bush.

Pansat #1 btw.

grub
Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 12:01 am:

the binary files are being provided. The people that actually provide them should'nt be crap'd on

RyersonArmy1
Silver Member
Username: Ryersonarmy_1

ONLY REASON PEOPLE GO TO RYERSON IS BECAUSE THEY GOT TURNED DOWN AT REGULAR UNIVERSITIES

As far as the President goes etc etc. People that steal satellite signals are normally Democrats. Study`s show that 99 % of prison inmates are registered Democrats

Silver Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 117
There is one good thing about being a republican , You have hit rock bottom , Skid Row and you got no where to go but up .I am from WVA and my son works in those coal mines there and he was telling me that the reason that those WVA mines had so many accidents is because George Bush cut the money for the inspectors so much that they had to lay off a lot of inspectors and the one where the conveyor caught on fire and burned the two up hadn't been inspected in three years because of George Bush cuts and raises for the rich people and he cut my 93 old Moms health care so he could give the rich a big tax cut . I could go on and on so you see you have hit rock bottom if you are a republican

Silver Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 118
And there is one other thing every one of those mines that blew up was non union which republicans hate unions because it gives the workers safety and surcurity . I have talked to some miners that work in those non union mines and they can't even take a day off if they are sick because they will be fired

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
what dos this have to do with fta and secend best riciver can you go start a new thread im in to fta not bush thanks

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 918
Dusted off my pansat 2500 and it's working great with the newest DN bin! There's still hope yet. Still prefer VS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
hawaii is a FUUUUKKKED as canada. stupid ignoraint asian biitches fuuuukking around all day. The greatest country in the worlfd is kazakstan. wa wa we wa. patos

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... Holla Back Y...

Post Number: 1484
why kazakstan? kurdi berdi! I prefer Uzbekistan...the best gashish,anasha!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
hawaii is a FUUUUKKKED as canada. stupid ignoraint asian biitches fuuuukking around all day. The greatest country in the worlfd is kazakstan. wa wa we wa. patos

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
it's like a broken record...lol

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 924
lol...yup. We all know who the ignorant one is.

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 925
Oh BTW, I'm sure Kazakhstan is a nice country. But Hawaii is better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yea the dumbaaassss who lives in hawaii. haha. hawaii is a FUUUUKKKED as canada. stupid ignoraint asian biitches fuuuukking around all day. The greatest country in the worlfd is kazakstan. wa wa we wa. patos

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 926
lol...sounds like an ignoraint asian biitch turned you down. Probably cause you was ugly and broke!

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
maybe if we ignore this one he will disappear faster then cartier my boy toy...lol
so ur were saying Hawaiian...it's a good time to visit?

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 927
Very nice right now. A storm passed through the islands a couple of days ago. Nothing major, just made everything greener!

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 928
But if ever you're in Hawai'i, I would advise you not to take a helicopter tour. We had 2 go down in 4 days. 5 fatalities.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
thanks for the advise...but i think hawaii is a very expensive place to visit...not that i wouldn't want to go but i would have to save a lot of $$ or win the lottery...go on deal or no deal....lol

Silver Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 150
i love hawaii i had a wonderful time there

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 930
The people have spoken. Hawai'i 2, Kazakhstan 0. Not that there's anything wrong with Kazakhstan.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us