Do NOT buy a samsung product

Username: Fortmac

Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Post Number: 2
Just got off the phone with Samsung. The office of the president said they will not cover the repair of my HL-R5078W DLP. I have the shadow problem on the right hand side of the screen. This $4000 piece of crap is only 1year and 4months old. 4months past the warranty and they will not fix it as my warranty is up. I told them that others have had theirs repaired by Samsung extending the warranty - they don't care. I don't know how they decide who gets theirs fixed and who doesn't. I am sooooo annoyed. My suggestion for anyone buying a DLP - STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG....

Bronze Member
Username: Crashnash

Post Number: 61
Shelly: For discussion what would you see as an adequate remedy from SAMSUNG?

CrashNash

Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Post Number: 3
Samsung needs to cover the repair of this tv. It is obviously a design problem as many owners are having the same issue. As I have seen from other posts on this site Samsung is extending other peoples warranties are repairing thier tvs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
So your set is 16 months old and you feel that SAMSUNG should cover the repair?

Then should the person with a 17 month old set expect the same extended warranty coverage as you expect?

Then should the person with a 18 month old set expect the same extended warranty coverage as you expect?

Then should the person with a 19 month old set expect the same extended warranty coverage as you expect?

Where do you draw the line?

Samsung drew it at 12 months--as posted in the owner's manual? Is there any posting on the Sam Sung's Official WEBSITE that would indicate the company would extend its warranty or misrepresents any reliability claims about any of the components of the set.

Bottom line--SamSung has honored its warranty. You knew how long the warranty period was. SamSung has not misrepresented the product on its web page--not part of the written warranty. You could have taken out an extended maint contract---YOU HAVE NO B**CH WITH SAMSUNG---in my humble opinion.

CrashNash

Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Post Number: 4
Do you work for Samsung???? Bottom line is there is an obvious design issue with these televisions. I expect that when I spend over $4000 on a television that I am getting a quality product - and shouldn't be pumping money into it 4 months after the warranty is up for a problem that they KNOW exists and shouldn't be happening in the first place..... Samsung is repairing the televisions for other people with the same issue as mine and their warranty is also up. I expect to be treated the same as everyone else who has spent their hard earned money on these televisions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Shelly: I do not work for Samsung.

Seeing how I was polite enough to answer your question, I would like you to respond to mine.

1. How many months after the factory, new set warranty of one year do you feel Samsung should repair at "no cost" this type of set?

2. Were you aware of the terms and length of warranty when you layed out 4,000 dollars?

3. Did SAMSUNG misrepresent this set or any of its components either in the warranty or at their website?

NOTE: A car is a lot more expensive an item. It is warrantied for a specific period of time. A potential buyer checks out the warranty prior to purchase. If you don't like the terms and length of the warranty, don't purchase the car. How long would car manufactures remain in business if they repair cars for free, past the warranty period.

Shelley: In my opinion, you may have a complaint about the reliability of this product as it did not live up to your expectation. However, I do not think you have a case when it comes to expecting Samsung to repair your set outside the warranty period. Samsung may have done so for other customers. That is certainly something Samsung can do for good customer relations. It is discretionary and not mandatory.

Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Post Number: 5
Rodger,

Obviously we have very different views on this subject and I don't have time to debate this situation. My experience with samsung is what it is and for a company to randomly decide which customers it will extend warranty for and which ones it won't is discrimination. They have an obvious issue with their product and they need to either repair or recall it(car manufacturers do it all the time)

I strongly disagree with you about customer service being discretionary not mandatory. It is mandatory. As a very unhappy customer I will share my experience with everyone I know and I am not sharing a very good experience.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Shelly---again, I ask:

How many months after the factory, new set warranty of one year do you feel Samsung should repair at "no cost" this type of set?

Rodger

Silver Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 122
Rodger,

You have to admit that you have a different view of this regarding JVC.

Silver Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 123
Shelly,

Go check out his posts in the JVC short bulb life, etc. threads. It will give you some insight.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
no tvshopper, the point I am trying to make is that SamSung did not misrepresent its product on its website--as JVC has.

JVC has posted on its website that there bulb last on the average of 6,000 hours. That in my opinion, is a deliberate misrepresentation of its product. This is JVC practice.

Samsung on the other hand, has taken the highroad.
It did not misrepresent its product on its website. That is the point.

If JVC had not posted the 6,000 hour expectation on its Website---I would have no b**ch with JVC.

CrashNash

CrashNash

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
tvshopper: what is your opinion in regards to Shelly's position that SamSung should fix her TV set outside the one year warranty?

CrashNash

Username: Gill7

Post Number: 8
Shelly when speaking to Samsung you have to be polite in asking, you cant demand (human nature)knowing that you are out of warranty Samsung dont have too do any thing,its up to them

Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Post Number: 6
gill,

I was polite.

Post Number: 9
Did you have your tv repaired more than once in the past 6 months?
This was a question they asked me,I had to fax the documents to them,then it was to be presented to the ECR for review.

Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Post Number: 7
Nope. This is the first issue we have had.

Post Number: 10
You can keep trying,They told me the same just what they told you the first three or four times i called / or just have it fixed yourself approx. $1100.00 for the light engine with labor.

Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Post Number: 8
They have closed my case file stating that my warranty has expired. I am done with samsung in more ways than one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I did not even have a file when i started bacause my warranty was done four months ago
Keep trying
Or pay for the repair approx. $1100.00 to $1200.00
gill

Silver Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 134
well i think she wanted to be treated like the others in this thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/295015.html

We had a similar problem with a Dell laptop, there was a design flaw that caused the laptop to short out when you touched the area around the mouse pad, it was a few months out of warrenty, they wouldn't fix it, the laptop slept in a carring case for almost a year,,,, it took a class action lawsuit from them to fix the problem.

So set your tv aside, do some research find others in the same boat, and then talk to a lawyer ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us