Need help with DPP and DP lnbs for vs xtreme 2000. losing signal after 5 min.

Username: Narendrans

Post Number: 1
Hi PRFRMNJ,

I have read your post on DP and DPP and also how you have helped Sup Yo. I was able to understand most of it. I figure you might be able to help me. I am kind of a NewB.

Currently I have DN dual tuner reciever, 2 dishes (Dish 500), Dish 1 has DishPro LNBs, Dish 2 has DishProPlus LNBs. The output of Dish 1 goes into Dish 2. Output of Dish 2 is connected to DN Signal Separator. The outputs of signal separators are connected to the two tuners in the DN receiver. I am receiving channels from 119, 110, and 148.

I am trying to setup my VS Xtreme 2000. When I connect one of the output from the signal separator to VS Xtreme receiver, I am able get only the channels from 119. I couldnt get any signal for sat 110 and 148. When I connect the output of dish directly to VS Xteme receiver, I am able to see all the channels from 110, 119, 148. However I would lose the signal after 5 minutes. I was told that the signal is lost when it tries to switch from 13volts to 17 volts. I dont know anything about it. Anyway, my settings for the sats are

LNB Type - OSC-DP
DISEcQ:
119 = 1, TP = 12239
110 = 2, TP = 12224
148 = 3, TP = 12224

Can you please give me some suggestions on how to fix this problem ? Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks.

I would also like to know how Sup Yo was able to connect his DN dual tuner receiver and VS receiver (his scenario 1). Doesnt he need 3 outputs ?

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2326
Sorry I didn't see this before! Basically you need to run a second line from the DishProPlus LNB to your VS. Keep your dual tuner connected where it is at and just run a second line to your VS using pretty much the same setup you posted. Make sure that your LNB Types are set to OSC-DP.

Last but not least, you cannot use the signal separator because this is technology used with the DN Dual Tuner supported only by the DishProPlus LNB. But, this LNB is a twin so you can run a second line and connect your VS to it without a problem.

Post Number: 2
Thanks. I have already ran a second line and now I dont lose the signal. However on my VS, I am able to lock in signals for 148 and 110. When I go to the antenna setup for 119, I dont see any signal or I see that it is locking 110. Do you know why ? Also, I am using the DiSEQC switch that came with VS receiver. 148 is connected to Port 1 and the other (110/119) is connected to Port 2.

I read somewhere that DiSeqC switches wont work with DP and DPP LNBs. Will it help me get 110 if I use any other switch ? Please let me know. Thanks.

Naren.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2340
Naren - You cant use a DISEcQ switch with DishPro LNB's. They have a build in switch and connecting a DISEcQ will not allow the receiver to work. You need to either get a DP34 switch or change the DishPro LNB to single (Dual Output) LNB's.

Post Number: 3
OK. Thanks again. For now, I am okay with 148 and 110. I will try to get a DP34 switch in a week or two. Should I connect it I like I have done it with my diseqc switch ? Can you also tell where I could get this switch ? I appreciate all your help. Without people like you, I could have made my viewsat work. Thanks again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2350
If you connect the DP34 then your setup will be:

119 = 1
110 = 2
148 = 3

in your antenna setup.

Post Number: 4
But I have only two outputs coming from the dish. One for 110/119 and the other for 148. Will it still work with the way you have suggested ? Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2367
Naren - Like I said before, if you use a DP34 switch then configure as stated above. Your 110/119 LNB will have two or four outputs. just hook up two to the DP34 and the 148 to the third input. I still think you would probably be better off getting single LNB's and use the DISEcQ. It will work with the DP34 and DishPro Twin just a little harder to setup up.

Post Number: 5
OK. I will try your suggestion. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us