Dish 500 twin lnb setup

Silver Member
Username: Shayeileen

Post Number: 140
Hi I just got the full dish 500 setup. I used the satellite finder to make sure both outputs from lnb had signal strenth. then I put both coax to a pansat switch then to my receiver. When I do blind scan on both 119 and 110 i only get 119 channels??? Any help.thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
here is the lnb i have and the switch if you need to know.....
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
got it....forgot to change diseq settings on receiver.....but thanks for all the posts...lol

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2254
Shay - That would be because you are not supposed to use a switch with that LNB. That is a DishPro Twin which already has a built in switch. Each output carries signal for both 110 & 119.

Go here to learn more about it.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/325574.html

Username: Shane2000

US

Post Number: 1
prfrmnj,

are you saying that the connection needs to be made direct betweeb lnb and the reciver and bypassing the switch?

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 1017
My Dish 500 (110 & 119) is connected 2 a diseq switch.

It looks just like urs. Everything works fine - but it is problematic.

To blind scan, i need 2 shut it off at the back before scanning each satellite - or else, for some reason, the channels get crossed over.

I also have 2 do a factory reset before the first blind scan. This is all because the Dish 500 is a pain.

US

Post Number: 2
I've got a dish 500 w/ dishpro plus twin lnb.
Thats why i was wondering if do need the diseq switch. Right now I am using it, but after reading the post from prfrmnj, he is saying you don't need it since the dishpro plus twin has a built-in switch already. right now i get duplicates, channel names are incorrect, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Micklee11801

Post Number: 106
I got the same thing, but did not set up yet. However, after I read on prfrmnj. I think you suppose to scan 1 sat first and make the lnb off for the other. Then scan the other and ture the first one off. After both finish scanning, you have to set both lnb back on. Then watch TV.

Gold Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 1018
Oh, ok.... i need it for mine because i have two other dishes, bev, and echo9, so i do need to use it.

The dish 500 does have its own switch... i've read a lot of complaints about it though.

If ur just using the 110/119 combination, PRFRMNJ is right - u may not need that switch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2285
Okay, Dish 500 is just the dish itself. DishPro Twin or Quad and DishProPlus Twin LNB's are something else. These LNB's are associated with the Dish500 dish because that is what they were designed for. But you can use single LNB's rather then the DishPro's.

Now, you do NOT need a switch (specially a DISEcQ) switch if you are running DishPro Twin/Quad or DishProPlus Twin LNB's.

You can NOT run TWO DishPro Twin/Quad or DishProPlus LNB because of the Internal Switch configuration.

What I mean is this switch is setup internally to receiver as follows:

119=1
110=2

91=1
82=2

This creates a problem when switching channels because you cannot have two. You can solve this by either using Single Dual output LNB and running them directly to a DISEcQ Switch.

Ryerson - That is why you are having problems.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2286
Shane - You do not need a switch just run a line directly into the receiver.

US

Post Number: 3
mickey lee:
I can scan on 1 but when I pick 2, I get no quality signal.

Ryerson: Thats interesting. what if i'd like to use 110/119 combination and have another dish (direct TV) and get a different satellite? in this case, do I need the desc switch?

US

Post Number: 4
mickey lee:
I can scan on 1 but when I pick 2, I get no quality signal.

Ryerson: Thats interesting. what if i'd like to use 110/119 combination and have another dish (direct TV) and get a different satellite? in this case, do I need the desc switch?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2288
Shane - You would not use a DISEcQ switch. You need to use either a DP34 or DPP44 switch depending on your lnb's. You'd have to use all DP lnb because you can't mix match lnbs and you con only use dishpro switches with dishpro lnbs.

US

Post Number: 5
PRFRMNJ:

Thanks for clarifying this. Since I have a Dish 500 with DishPro Twin LNB and Panasat 3500SD rec, if I want only 110/119, i would eliminate the switch and connect it directly and use only 1 port from the lnb. But if I want additional satellites, I need DPP34 or DPP34 switch, right?

Thanks for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2295
Shane - The switch depeneds on the LNB. If you are running DishPro Twin/Quad then use a DP34. If you are running DishProPlus Twin then use a DPP44

US

Post Number: 6
PRFRMNJ - Thanks. Lastnight I decided to eliminate the DirectTV dish. So I ran the straight cable from the dish to the reciever (panasat 3500sd). After reading your other threat on how to scan, I tried all combinations and it seems like i still get same channels. In the DISEcQ setting on the reciver, I get signals when I put it on #1, and when I try #2, I don't get any signals. Could this be that I am only getting 119 and not 110?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8166
If U have correctly aligned the dish, and correctly input BOTH the 110-119 LNB settings into your receiver, and then correctly scanned each satellite, then all should be well and get BOTH sats..

If NOT, then first try moving the cable to other output on the LNB (possible bad output cabled into now)...if that doesn't fix it, then U have a bad internal switch in the LNB and must replace the entire LNB..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2298
Shane - You need to configure you antenas properly. 119 = 1 and 110 = 2. You will NOT get any signal in TP 12224 which is the default TP for 119 and this can cause you to think it is not working. It is! If you go down to the TP's and change tp's you'll see the signal vary from tp to tp. But as I said, you need to configure you antenas properly in order for this to work!

US

Post Number: 7
LK - Thanks for the reply. I have a Dish 500 w/ DishPro Plus Twin LNB. Based on some readings, there are 2 outputs and 1 input. Each output carries both 119 and 100 since it has a internal switching. Unless I am wrong.

PRFFRMNJ: Thanks. I will tried to configure the antenas properly. It's possible it's not aligned correctly.

Bronze Member
Username: Sjain80

Post Number: 54
can anyone answer this..I have looked for all the forum as much as I can but couldn't find the answer..can plz someone guide me
I am currenly using a dish to get 61.5 but can someone tell me what other satellite can I get without moving my 61.5 lnb. I have a place to put another lnb in the bracket. My 61.5 lnb is in the right socket of the bracket. hope I am making sense.. can I get Nimiq 2 (82w) may be..I am not really trying to get more channels just want to try something new that's all..thanks for help anyway

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 727
Not much you can get besides 61 if you got 18" dish
What is the big deal get a second dish join the 2 with a DISEqC switch

Gold Member

Post Number: 2318
With that dish you can only get sat that are 10 degress of less of distance between then. Example 110 & 119 or 82 & 91. As King stated above, get a second dish and joing using a Switch. The type of switch you use will depend on the LNB's you use.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 269
shawn
if u like to test little . u can use dish 500 you get 119/110 and if u use a bracket u will get 91 in same dish. i dont think there is braket in market but you can do it yourself. and if u are interested i will show u picture with that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us