Catching 61.5 satellite

Username: Gilthethrill008

Broussard, La Usa

Post Number: 1
Currently, I am receiving Dish and Bev, and would like to catch 61.5. What file must I download to have that satellite as an option in the Channel scan part of the Viewsat Platinum menu? In the menu I have on Echo 6,8, Echo 7 and Bev. I want to scan other sats including 61.5. Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7503
All the files are intended for ALL Dishnet and Bev satellites..

Gold Member

Post Number: 7504
Just because a satellite appears in your menu doesn't mean U will receive it!...if U think that, then U have about 20-40 hours of reading to do...

U must aim the LNB on your antenna/dish directly at the satellite U want...1 LNB can only receive 1 satellite signal..

Broussard, La Usa

Post Number: 2
LK the great. I've always read your post. You are the man. Thanks for your response, but in my menu I've had 20 different satellites once before. Now I have only three. What you've posted, I already know. I want to have more than those 3 sats in my menu. I want Bev, Dish and the 61.5. Why did I have other sats in the menu at some other time in the past and not now? I have the recent fix in, but it only has those 3 sats. I have another box without the current fix, and it has about 20 sats in it. On the loader it has 4 places for files, main software, channel info, sat or tp info, and undefined file. does the sat or tp info give me the amount of possible sats to receive? if so, what file do I use to receive other than the 3 that I am currently able to scan? I hope I am making sense. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7517
upload the factory bin again, scan the sats, upload latest bin, let keys roll, receheck antenna settings in receiver, reboot receiver...all should be be well then...all sats back and new bin will be working with all channels possible..

Broussard, La Usa

Post Number: 3
Thanks LK. What is the file name of the factory bin? i.e., dpbsw-070202p? That is the latest file, but what is the file name of the factory bin. I've come across so many so called factory bins and none of them have all of the satellites in the antennae setup. they only have 3 sats. which file is the factory bin? Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 859
I hope you do understand you also will HAVE to have a antenna pointed at those sat's....just because its on your sat list does not mean you will receive a sat. You must be able to receive the sat eather a motor or several LNB's can do the job.

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 754
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Alfons_ramahotmailcom

Call me when... Albanian

Post Number: 39
haha

Broussard, La Usa

Post Number: 4
Thanks guys, I do understand that I have to have a dish pointed there. That is already done and tuned in. I just don't have it in my sat list. I need that file. What is the name of the file? What is the file number? What is it? I need that file name? HELP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us