Loose connection when updating EPG ?

Username: Freenew

Post Number: 1
I seem to be loosing my reception every time I shut of and restart my reciever. I have a Pansatt clone. Fortec. Any help guys ? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

The reason that Im shutting it off in the first place is to see if I can get my EPG updated. At present I have no channel shedule working.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1433
nuno Auiar : On 286T and 287T the update EPG window was irratic. On 288T the EPG window always comes if you switch off and switch on. If you have 119W you have better EPG.
We are close to an upgraded BIN - when 289T comes out, try it and see if the problem is resolved. I am hoping it will be out today.

Post Number: 2
Nalin, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Post Number: 3
Fallow up question if you dont mind. Would this also explain my loosing all reception when restarting ? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1435
This last question has one possible answer - a bad upload. You can reload the BIN and make sure you WAIT to get the flash ROM burnt properly.
Alternatively wait for 289T to come out and it will probably solve the problem anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 594
nuno Auiar ,

That last question could be caused by several situations not just a bad upload. A bad upload all thou extreamly rare still could be the source of your trouble.
In order to diagnose this problem we will need more information on your system. Could you post a description of the complete system including, what type of dish, switches used if any, splitters used if any, leanth of coax runs, anything you can. We may find the source of the trouble then. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1436
nuno Auiar: Ignore this Jay guy. He jay-walks over all the threads and thinks he knows. Always talks In the plural - "We will do this ofr you", etc.
As I suggested, for you are OK to wait for the 289T BIN, which is probable less than 24 hour away.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 596
nuno Auiar

Do what you want ok. You can wait for 24 hours or more or you can post your system information and we may find your trouble faster. I am not here to bash others trying to help you I would just like to help you get the most out of your investment.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the contribution guys. If the 289 is coming out soon anyhow, I might just as well give that a shot first. Thanks again guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us