friggin signal!!

Bronze Member
Username: Nlempb

Post Number: 22
i have tried abd tried and tried, to my thing working, my reciever. i need to know how to tell if i have the same signal for both of my sat's. and i would like to know how to tell if my head on my dish may be bad. i keep getting the exact same channels when i scan my sat's for signals.

dish-pro quad echo7 and echo8.6

does'nt matter which one i scan they both bring in the same friggin channels. this is driving me crazy. anyone in oklahoma wanna help me. i will gladly pay for services. please and thank you. hagd

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
oh btw its a pansat 2700a

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1619
nlempb - When you go into the antena setup you should be able to uncheck sats. This is what I was explaining to you yesterday to do. Based on the info you gave yesterday, you have the right setup. Unselect 119 and then scan 110. Then do the same. If you are still getting repeated channels, you have an alignment problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
If you look at the list of sats the only sats that should have a check mark next to them should be 110 and 119. When you scan you need to unselect (take the check mark off) the sat that you are not scanning.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 488

Hey hlmph
Your Dish is either on EchoStar 7
or 8/10, that is why you are getting
the same channels.

BTW Jay is from Shawnee, Oklahoma.
If you need any more help, ask for him.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok cool kavin.....prfrmnj- i have don that several times even deleted all channels and did it again. well i have either 7 or 8.6 in, but i cannot get the other in, and i have signal. i know alignment is hard, i just can't dial it in. ahhhhhhhh thank u anyway p hagd and thanks again

Gold Member

Post Number: 1624
Send me you zip code via PM and I'll tell you what the Skew, Elevation and Azimuth should be. That will probably get you in the right direction. Just remember I won't be able to get that to you until later today. Or you may want to visit one of the sites LK had listed for that.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7316
Satellite Finders (Look Angle Calculators)
-------------------------------------------------
[link removed]
http://www.hollsco.com/Products/SatCalc/
http://www3.telus.net/rampage/skew.htm (Dish 500 support)
http://www.remotesat.com/lookangle.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1626
Here is a very inexpensive kit that you can use in conjuction with your receiver to fine tune your alignment. I've used this when I first started along with the sat calculators LK posted above.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1414
nlempb: After scanning both Echo 7 and Echo 8.1, do a Sort Alphabetic.
Then go into favourites. You will see double listings. Look at a few of the doubles. If you see
Echo 7 and 119 - also Echo 8.1 and 119
then you are really scanning Echo 7 only
If you see
Echo 7 and 110 - also Echo 8.1 and 110
then you are really scanning Echo 8.1 only
If you have a simple DisEqC switch, it might just be a problem of software connection to match the hardware. Go into Echo 7 and flip though port 1,2,3, and 4 and see if you see signal in two places. Connect to two different ports for 7 and 8.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 1629
Nalin - He doesn't have a switch! He's running a DishPro Quad... Here is his original post!

"have tried abd tried and tried, to my thing working, my reciever. i need to know how to tell if i have the same signal for both of my sat's. and i would like to know how to tell if my head on my dish may be bad. i keep getting the exact same channels when i scan my sat's for signals.

dish-pro quad echo7 and echo8.6

does'nt matter which one i scan they both bring in the same friggin channels. this is driving me crazy. anyone in oklahoma wanna help me. i will gladly pay for services. please and thank you. hagd"

We've done extensive trouble shooting with him, but it seems he's got an alignment issue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1630
He has also verified that he has the correct configuration:

Echo 7
LNB Type = DishPro
DISEcQ = 1

Echo 8
LNB Type = DishPro
DISEcQ = 2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
thanks prfrmnj for every thing i would like to clarify something.....i'm a woman!!!lol thanks again p

Gold Member

Post Number: 1634
Before I forget - Did you try loading a channel list as I suggested in the other thread you had started with this problem? Go to dss testers and download the lates "El Vaquero" channel list. Make sure you download to your receiver the list designated for DishPro... This will definitively tell you if you antena is aligned properly. If it's not, then either channels from one sat or the other will not come up. You will see the message "Bad or Scrambled" channel for all channels on that sat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1635
I stand corrected... Sorry about the confusion. It's never easy when figuring out genders based on nics and I shouldn't have assumed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1636
By the way, if you are going to load a channel list make sure you also download Channel Master which is the program you will use to load it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1658
nlempb:

Azimuth = 202
Elevation = 45 degres
Skew Angle = 113

Knowing your a female = Priceless!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help