How to get new bin for Bev

Username: Angie_wedgewood

Post Number: 2
Ok so here's my problem. I got all the necessary info to get the new bin for my cs5000, got the loader, unzipped it all, yadda yadda. However, I couldn't find the cord to connect it to my laptop so I had to buy a new one. Unfortunately all I could get was a USB cable that connects to the RS232. That should still be fine, shouldn't it?? Because when I hook it up to my laptop through the USB, it's not working. After I unzip the file and everything and follow all the steps, when I bring up the loader and try clicking on connect, it brings up no available COM port. I tried auto detecting it but it tells me to connect to reciever and turn it on, but I've already done that! I'm so lost, is this all because I'm connecting with a USB instead of the regular cord?? I didn't think it would matter, but apparently I'm doing something very wrong. Please help!! :-(

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 545
Hi Angie,
Lots of people have had trouble with this. We have had threads on this topic several times. I have not experanced this problem myself so cant speak from experance. I sugested a few times to find a older computer mabee and use it. The loaders and winzip will work fine with win98 so that would not be hard to find. I myself use a older DELL laptop I got online for under 200 just for my satellite receivers. Just a few ideas that might help...

Now I will go and find the threads and link them here for ya hopefully it will help....

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 546
Ok here one
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/311516.html

Heres one

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/187236.html

heres a search

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/search.pl?stype=s&sopts=1&smethod=0&scase =0&slookin=1&nnumber=3&units=1440&where=all&squery=USB-to-serial-

Hope that helps you some

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 547
reading your post again I have a question

Is the serial port on your computer? If so go to radio shack or any computer shop worth their beans can make you one or something....4 places in this small town I live in had them..and get the cable its the easiest way by far. Be sure and get the correct one for your receiver null or not.

Post Number: 3
When you say serial port...that means what? Haha I know I'm sorry, I'm not very computer savy. The only hook ups to connect to anything on my laptop are 3 usb ports, and then another one that has the regular blue face, I believe it's a DB15? It's got 15 holes anyways. I think that's just the one to extend to another monitor though. Is that the regular one you're supposed to use to hook up to the Cs5000? And what do you mean when you say "Be sure and get the correct one for your receiver null or not." Thanks for taking the time to actually reply, I do appreciate it a lot.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 126
I think U have to install the driver for the USB/serial adapter ? Did a disk come with the device?

Post Number: 4
Oh my god, you're a genius. That's ALL I had to do and it worked! Thank you so much, I can't believe how dumb I am. Problem all solved, thanks Upmanis and Jay for posting!! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us