Do we need muptial answeres to questions?

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 484
I know some of you are just trying to help. That is great but it is causing confusion. If you see a question that has been answered it is not necessary to answer the same question again. All you will do is cause more confusion. If you see that the answer will not work then by all means please help. My goal here is to help people get the MOST out of their investment. I feel holding their hand and answering the same question 100 times in one day is not helping. Teaching users how to find the correct update info for their receiver by visiting the HOME sites is more helpful. Teaching new users to look at the day's post is more helpful than teaching them to ask the same question over and over. Teaching a new user its OK to hijack a thread is not helpful eather. I don't know how many times we have missed a new users question because they hijacked a thread and none of us saw the question.

Also when a user has asked a question and you see several answers you should wait and let the user that asked the question ask for more help before you jump on the bandwagon with a new solution.

This all goes back to I wish we had a MOD here all this BS would stop.

Just my thoughts

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 500
bump

Silver Member
Username: Leon_kookie

Post Number: 164
For additional information please follow the link below.. It explains in detail where jay is coming from..

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/suggestions/311495.html

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 158
jay if i do not no the person how gave me the ancer i will not try till i no im geting the right info and if you have 2 peppol to ancer qustions i think it would take you and lk 2 or 3 days to ancer

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 502
That thread does not explain anything whatsoever to do with the topic here. All it proves is that the ADMIN here will delete threads that get out of hand .

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 527
I disagree with u on this Jay. I think the more people helping, the more suggestions u get. Of course unless its just a setup guide or anything routine. For the "real" questions, I say the more the merrier. Some of the best forget the smallest things, but those small things make your tv black. I saw a few people helping one guy all day, and I chimed in with "make sure nothing has chewed up ur cable" kinda joking... a squirrel HAD chewed it up. So easy.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 512
I can see that to a point. My big grip is for a few examples when we help a user by posting a link to a place to get the file it is unnecessary for someone else to come in and post don't go their go here to my new site I have all the files you need. Or several people post the same answer several times. We here like to point users to trusted older reliable sites. The "home" site for vewsat, pansat for example.

I feel if the question was answered, the answer would work to fix it leave the post alone. Now If we did leave some step out, forget a different cause than sure its GREAT to post like this.....I would like to Ad you might want to look for squirrel's or whatever...........

If and when their are 20 answers to the same problem it gets very confusing to the user. When I can here looking for help that what happened to me. I would ask a simple question and get bashed, answered by 4 or 5 people then bashed some more....

We need to make it simple just make sure everyone gets the most out of their investment. I am not part of any other site nor am I friends with anyone here besides helping here.

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 633
Jay,

I find that most hijackers and newbie questions come from relatively new users.

I found this Ecoustics site, one night, by desperately searching Google for the latest keys. This at a time when i couldn't get into any other reputable site, and the ones i did get into bashed me for even mentioning the word "key".

So I have a soft spot for new members who have come here 2 ask a question.... many have never read anything about newbie instructions or anything.... so some WILL unknowingly hijack threads or ask questions that should be searched.

We can try 2 make rules and pretend 2 have a real site here, but many of these new users get their answer and never come back anyway. There's no point in trying 2 teach a temporary pet chimp.

This site is useful for many things.... (like pointing people in the right direction) but we can't expect 2 have a normal forum here, it's just not. And, the fact that moderators have 2 be called in from time 2 time, kinda makes things funny/interesting at times. Nowhere else would we get this kind of entertainment.

This is a "family" (a dysfunctional one, but a family), of members with a common bond - FTA/Sat use. Some family members are idiotz who occasionally escape from the basement. We can't help that at all times, 'cept warn the neighbours.

But, like i said, this was one of the only sites that gave me help when i needed it. I figure many are coming here the same way i did, thru Google. I feel there's nothing wrong with helping them when we can.

I'm still learning so my willingness 2 help is limited by ability.

I can only offer virtual slices of pizza... it may get their minds off their FTA woes.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 871
Ryerson,"occasionally"escape the basement....lmao!

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 635
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 54
Thread: Do we need muptial answeres to questions?

lol, its not "muptial",

.....its nuptial

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 988
Ryerson...

Just keep offering pizza and all of the funny images, some times those images can make the day for some of us....

Bronze Member
Username: Labait

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 71
think he actually meant Multiple

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 542
I did thanks Robert I am getting tired I have been here sense about 7am off and on..

Bronze Member
Username: Labait

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 72
Heh, Np

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 638
Upload

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 544
ya Ryerson again you post a fitting Pic!

LoL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us