Same channels

Bronze Member
Username: Nlempb

Post Number: 11
echo 7 and 8. got signal on both, they keep bringing in the same channels, every 40 channels it starts to repeat. like for example, wgn, it will bring it in 20 times.!! what am i doing wrong??? thanks to any1 who replys

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 483
I would say you have echo7 and 8 both looking at the same sat.

whats your receiver and antenna set up?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
lnb---dish-pro
lnb local-freq-----11250
22khz-----off on both
disque----7=1, 8=2
legacy----none
skew----+ or -45
positioner----none
signal on 7-71%level and 64%quality
8-77%level ND 74% QUALITY

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 485
ok receiver?

You have that nightmare dish pro 500?

Their is some confusion as to the best way to use it. Some say you need another switch. I have that dish pro500 as well without a switch and have lots of trouble with it. It is not FTA receiver friendly...

Lets look at a few of the channels you have 2 or more of....is the transponder, vid ID# etc the same?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
YEAH TP SAME

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I JUST MOVED HERE AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE BUT NOW AHHHHH. I HAVE PLENTY OF LOCAL BUT NO MOVIES LOIKE HBO OR SHOWTIME

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 487
well then just delete them. If you have channels from both sat's your fine. I would delete all channels and do a new blind scan on both sat's.

What I do with a pansat is:

delete all channels
Do a blind scan on the first sat taking notes as it scan's of the firts several transponders and then channles

Do a blind scan of the next sat taking notes again

If you see the same transponders and same channles then you KNOW both sats are the same and you have settings or mabee even the antenna pointed wrong.

good luck

post results please

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1577
First things first - What receiver?

Next the best way to do a perfect blind scan is to delete all channels and then when you are ready to do you scan, turn the power off the LNB you are not scanning while scanning the first sat. Then do the same for the second sat.

In other words - if you are scanning Echo 7, turn the power and deselect Echo 8. Then do the same for Echo 8, turn power off and deselect Echo 7.

This is good for all types of setup, but definitively for DishPro (Fat Head) LNB's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
MY SETTINGS HAVE NOT CHANGED AT ALL EXCEPT FOR THE DISH. I HAVE SIGNAL ON BOTH , HOW DO U TELL IF U HAVE A CERTAIN SAT'S SIGNAL??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
OK JUST DID BLIND SCANS ON 7 AND 8,,7 HAS A LOT OF TP AND 8 HAS NO HORIZONTAL TP?? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1583
Did you get the channels you're supposed to have? If so don't worry. So long as you are downloading all available channels you will be okay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
ok together they bring in loike 800 channels, but they are all repeats of like 100 channels ...i'm getting like 20 ktla and 20 alt and 40 ppv ya see? something is sooo wrong...i want someone to do it for me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1587
nlempb - did you do what I recommended to scan? Did you turn the power off the LNB and deselect the sat you were not scanning?

By the way, what receiver?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yeah uhh pansat 2700a

Gold Member

Post Number: 1590
You also said you are using a DishPro LNB? Twin or Quad? Not a DishProPlus right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
dish-pro that's it.uhhhh it has only 2 heads on the dish...i hope that's what u mean!!lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1592
nlempb. You have to do better then that... We can't help you unless you help yourself. Otherwise we'll be guessing all day.

Which one of these two do you have?

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1593
There is a big difference as one of these is NOT FTA friendly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
there is 4 plugins in the head.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 492
the one I have is the second one PRFRMNJ I have is connected to "port 1" only

Glad you put the pic's on now you know what I have going on here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1595
Nlempb - You have the right one and the right antena config. I assume you ran a cable straight into your receiver and are not using a switch right?

Jay - Get ride of that LNB. That is the root of your problem. This LNB is not easy to use, but here is a picture of what you can do to make it work. You have to have a DN 322 (at minimum) receiver to make this work.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
yes exactly. does it matter how far the dish is from the reciever?or how long the coax cable is?

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 494
I have pansat 3500sd on that port so its as right as it can be. I am going to get rid of that junky thing soon LoL

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1598
Jay - Yeap! Get a Twin or Quad and problem solved...

Nlempb - if you are less then 100 feet you are good to go, but it doesn't seem like that is your problem. You are getting duplicate channels which means when you scan, both ports on the switch are staying open. This is why I suggested to turn one off while scanning the other..

The other thing you can do is upload a channel list. You can find one just about anywhere, but make sure you use the DishPro channel list.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 496
I never tried a DishPro channel list. Can you point us to one please? I never saw one..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1599
Go to DSS Testers. EL Vaquero has a really good list posted there. It has a few lists and one of them is designed specifically for DishPro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us