Bin 288T Problem

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 499
Guys,

I have bin 288T in my receiver. It's working fine, but I am having some problems. First of all, the channel changing speed slow. And some channels go "Scrambled or bad channel" after 15 minutes. If you're having the same problem, please post it here or if you know the solution to this problem, please post it here.

Thank You

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 215
I can't solve your problem, but I would've recommended not to load a bin that was never tested. Maybe it helped retrieve 61.5 but other than that, I've heard nothing but headaches from those who loaded that bin.
Awaiting the next bin, and hopefully it's not filled with glitches like this one.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 961
As far as I've heard that bin has glitches...try turning off autoroll and TP autoupdate....

As Ranjeet I would recommend not to load that bin yet....

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1568
The gliches on that bin come from the MAP57 call that was never tested because when they finally finished the bin, MAP57 had been lifted. Therefore it was never trully tested.

Bronze Member
Username: Destine0429

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 72
I have downloaded bin 288t as of about 1 week ago. Yes there are glitches. But hey, how can you really complain and recommend not to download it? It's free tv and I would suffer with the minor 1 minute glitch as to getting free channels.
Yes the new bin is slow on channel speed, and shuts off every once in awhile. But isn't this better than no TV at all? I trust they will be out with a new bin soon. But as for now, for everyone who wants free tv, I would recommend Bin 288t.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 244
AV, I assume you have a 2500, and 288T does have issues, Nikk is right, turning off autoroll and auto tp helps alot. If its a 2700 you have (Its getting confusing!) 288T has issues too, but going back to 287T also helps that box. REMEMBER 2500 bins wont work in a 2700 and vice versa!

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 460
I have an idea let's wait and see what AV has to say now after all this good advice.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 245
lol

Silver Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 151
i agree AV, i should've stayed with 287T instead of 288T...the new one is giving me some issues as well...overall it works, but every so often i get SCRAMBLED OR BAD CHANNEL after 5 minutes of regular viewing

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1580
If you are only receiving channels from Sats 110 & 119, stay with 287t until the gliches are corrected. Info was that new bins would have been released within 48 hours, but that was a day or so ago and I've not seen anything. So take it for what it's worth.

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 219
If you're watching a tennis match during the australian open and then the channel keeps scrambling every few minutes, then it gets frustrating. 288 is not worth it, even if you want 61.5. It disrupts viewing.

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 500
Friends,

Thanks for your advices. I have Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra. Yes, there are stupid problems with that bin (288T). I'm going back to bin 287T.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us