All Dish 500 Discussion

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 442
RE from PRFRMNJ : Jay - You said you were 50 feet from the LNB? That distance is not all that important. It's the distance from your receiver to the switch itself the key here. The receiver sends a tone burst to the switch when you change channels (from one sat to another) and that tone burst open and closes the port in which the sat is connected to. That's why it is recommended that you place your switch as close to your receiver as possible. You couldn't in essence have a switch 20 feet from your bos and another 100 feet of cable from the switch and the LNB without having any problems switching from one channel to the other. You may have a slight loss in signal and quality, but not changing channels.

I have no switch. As I understood it it was INSIDE the LNB. So the receiver would have to be on the roof to be any closer LoL Just kidding on that

I am going now back to my saved pages on this nightmare dish pro.

I do hope this time we can solve this mystery if we can....well next would be "The grassy Nole" comes to mind....LoL

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1556
Jay - I thought you said you had a DP34 switch? But is sounds like you are running a dish Pro Plus LNB and that one is not fta friendly

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 449
I have learned that LoL I asked and asked for help when I started and only got bashed ( mostly by LK )
So we just live with it its for a bed room for kids to watch toons and such for now I got a vewsat and a regular antenna with a DTV single LNB and a motor for my tv-computer-radio room.

thanks for the help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1558
Jay - I'm always available through PM's and normally I send the link for the answer....

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 450
I Imed you yesterday did you answer? I cant find it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1562
I did. Send it again

Gold Member

Post Number: 1563
Okay. Here are the two main fat head LNB that you will get with a dish 500 system. First you need to understand that since the 322 DN Receiver, they are only installing the DishProPlus. This LNB is not FTA Friendly and even if you maintain the 322 connected you will have problems. This is the Dish Pro Plus

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1564
This is the DishPro Quad which is very FTA Friendly and the one I recommend to anyone who is only interested in two sats and will support up to four (4) receivers. The setting are as follows:

119 = DISEcQ 1
110 = DISEcQ 2

This is the way the internal switch is set so you can't change this.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1565
If you are using DishPro LNBs (dual not to be confused with the above fat heads), then depending on the amount of receivers should be the switch you use.

Unlike some may want to believe SW switches are not FTA Friendly and only a few receivers will support them. Viewsat and C00lsat for example.

These switches will not work with your pansats, fortec, or clone receivers so I suggest you just don't bother with them.

DP Switches are very FTA Friendly and while some may seem to think you need an external power source, when using the DP34 YOU DO NOT.

However, only use the DP34 if you have to. DISEcQ makes a variety of switches that will more then likely accomodate what you are doing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1566
Jay - If I understan correctly you have a Pansat on a DishPro LNB but you are not sure if it's a Plus or not. If it's a Plus, get ride of it and get one of the above. It's the simplest setup you can imagine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1654
If anyone had their dish 500 system installed by DN as part of a sub and it was done recently 99.9% chances are you have a DishProPlus LNB and at least a 322 receiver. If by chance you have a 311 receiver from a DN installed system you can be 100% sure you don't have a DishProPlus as the 311, 301 or 111 will not work with that LNB and instead you have a DishPro Twin or Quad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us