Specs on CW3000 High Definition box. Coming Soon

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 152
C&P

I got some technical information from captiveworks and would like to share it for the CW3000 High Definition box.

-The 3000 model stands for 3 Giga hertz processor speed which realy blows any other receiver.
-It will have double Tuner which means it will be a PVR unit, you can record one channel while watching another.
-To the addition to the Hard Drive capabality its going to have DVD RECORDER, so basicly you can burn whatever you record from the hard drive into the DVD right on the spot.
-Just like the CW1000 it will have live buffering so you can pause/rewind live tv like TIVO.
-It will have the capability to update software through the internet or from the USB drive.
-you can hook up a wireless keyboard and mouse and browse the interent, it will have FireFox Browser.
-You can watch hundreds of IPTV channels for free. (iptv are tv channels from around the world that you can watch using high speed interent, you will not need any dish for this).
-It has the ability to watch dishnet HD channels with the addition of external hardware that could be purchased seperatly from online

more info and spec will be available this week.

one more thing that i forgot to mention, it has HDMI, Component, VGA, S-Video ,RCA for video output.

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 208
Phenomenal!!!

Username: Newbie3

Post Number: 1
Sounds like a PC with a PC card.
Also, if it is HD unit, why does extra hardware be requied?

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
more info i found c/p

They were showing this box at the CES . I am sure there were PLENTY of people asking questions there.
They also have a DVB recorder unit to hook up to a CW600 that is supposed to be released in Feb.
Here is sone info I found for you guys.

High Definition DVB/ATSC PVR with DVD Recorder and Media Center. The second set of files is pictures of the DVB Recorder.

Here is the info I have:
1) High Def Receiver: Pretty nice menus. Looks very much like Windows Media Center. Graphics are very rich. You will notics the main menu has profiles for members of the family (with pin protection on each profile). There are alot of pics to choose from for each profile. I took some pics of other menus in the admin and user areas. Picture quality is excellent (resolution 1920x1080 1080i). They have built in FireFox browser. The guy there was telling me that you should have a much larger brwoser screen that the PC since most PCs are running at a lower resolution. They were showing a recorded NFL game on one unit and playing Toy Story 2 on the other unit from the DVD Recorder. Both looked sharp. This unit is defainately a Complete Media Center. Other features: IP TV, P2P TV, Music and Video playback. The box has 6 USB ports 2 in the front and 4 in the back which used to hook any external devices that you would normaly hook to your regular PC. For example, the 2 usb that is in the front could be used to hook a USB joystick and you can have the high graphic games arcade games, such as Doom, mortal combat and so many other emulation games that are available for free.

Hardware:
Processor: AMD 3000+ (AM2 socket).
Video Chipset: nVidia 6150
RAM: 256MB DDR2 (Motherboard can take up to 4GB dual channel).

Price: $479 (I think)
Availabilty: Taking pre-orders in 1-2 weeks for a February delivery.

2) DVB Recorder: This was a little nifty unit. You can hook up your CW-600S Regular or Premium Receiver to it and record shows either instantly or scheduled shows. Basicly the way it was presented, you can go to the EPG and find any show that you like and push green button on the remote and it will scheudale that show for recording and when the time comes the CW receiver tell the recorder to start recording and when it finishes it will tell to stop recording. Nice huh? So, I asked the guy if you can use any other device with it (like another receiver such as c**lsat, pansat or any other AV input), he showed me the timer section. Basically, you setup a timer on the DVB recorder and it starts recording the AV signal to the attached USB hard drive. The advantage of this receiver working on the CW boxes from other boxes is that you can put your latest bin on a USB stick and hook it up to the recorder and it will transfer the file to the CW box (I attached one picture that is showing the trasfer of the file) so basicly there will be no need for rs232 cable connected to the computer. This unit is completely integrated with the CW-600S and CW-600S Premium making them a PVR unit and they said that there will be many more features that will be integrated for this device to make the CW boxes to do things that were not able to do before.

Price: $119 (I think)
Availabilty: Early Feb.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
good work cw and team i might have to buy one or at least look in to it next month

Silver Member
Username: Canndy

Www.livefta.com, Www.livefta.com Www.livefta.com

Post Number: 157
get the pics@ [link removed]

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 451
my thoughts on this........its a Linux media center PC. Its a DVR. Its a DVD recorder. Its a FTA receiver. Its a HD Satellite receiver. I have been looking to get one pre built this might be the answer I will be watching this machine closely. As it is described here 256MB DDR2 is not enough to expect any speed out of the computer. It needs 1 gig I would have 2 or 4 even in a media PC. I am going to look into this "box" We have been looking for A new DVR this may be it!

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
livefta.com can not get pics it will not let me and i did register what is up with that

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 454
http://www.future-fta.info/Forums/showthread.php?t=42002

that is the post on this from the guy that took the pic's. You can see them without being a member

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
thanks jay nice pics im going to get one the wife will love it if not i will lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
hop
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us