Question reguarding the VIEWSAT ULTRA

Username: Wade617

Post Number: 1
I was thinking of moveing up fron the viewsat platnium to the viewsat ultra, but everything I read says you cannot put the keys in manually. I was wondering what the fail safe was incase the autoroller goes down. If anyone knows PLEASE SHARE THE INFORMATION. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1478
You can put keys in manually and while I like the ultra, if you already have a viewsat there is really no need to upgrade. I would only upgrade to go to an HD receiver. But that's just my opinion.

Post Number: 2
Everywhere I have read thay say you cannot put the keys in the ultra do you have one or have you read that you can somewhere?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1480
Both and the instructions are posted somewhere around here.

I believe is under a thread for Viewsat Ultra, but the instructions are there.

Post Number: 3
thank you very much I will check that out.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 392
Of corce you can enter the key's here are the instructions from this thread https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/305658.html

Manually Entering Keys in Viewsat Ultra

1. With unit on hit them MENU button on remote.

2.Scroll down to User Settings hit OK button on remote.

3.Enter in your Pin Code. Default is "0000"

4. Scroll down to Code Menu hit OK button on remote.

5.Scroll Right to Nagra.

6.Scroll Down

7.Scroll Left Dish 01 01 00
This is where you will change Keys.

Two (2) Sets. They are 08 & 09 and 88 & 89.

8.Now depending on what key sets are to be changed. Usually displayed to you as follows:

Key 00
Key 08 - 06 07 F0 E2 61 6F E1 45
Key 09 - 01 C5 FB 21 37 B6 C0 5E
Key01
Key 88 - 06 07 F0 E2 61 6F E1 45
Key 89 - 01 C5 FB 21 37 B6 C0 5E

9.Using your remote Arrow Buttons to navigate to the specified key to be changed enter in the new keys. Use the following to enter numbers and letters:
Numbers are 0-9.
Letter A is Button F1
Letter B is Button F2
Letter C is Button F3
Letter D is Button F4
Letter E is Button LAST CHANNEL
Letter F is Button TEXT

10.Once you have entered both lines Hit the Exit Button.

11.You will then be prompted to save your information. Highlight Yes and hit OK button on your remote.

12.Now completely exit the menus and enjoy TV.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 393
I also am wondering as well what do you expect to get that you do not get from your receiver you have now?

I have 3 for 3 diferant tv's so for that purpose it is understandable. I am going now to compare the features of both of those receivers to see what would be gained..

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 394
So far All I see is mabee a faster processor and USB for updating...the faster processor is laughable as a upgrade....my platinum changes channels as fast as I can see cant imanage any faster it would have to do it before I pushed the button to be faster......the USB for upgrade thats about the same realy now, that would work easer for some new computers we have here on the forum about once a week a user with no serial port on their computer that would solve that.

So in closing buying a Ultra to "upgrade" from a platinum is not much of a upgrade. For a second receiver for your bedroom for example now thats a GREAT idea!

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 610
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1484
Jay - Thanks for posting the instructions I didn't have time to go look for them earlier. I also see you agree with the upgrade point I made. Personally I always buy new receivers just to test them out, but that's just me. As far as upgrading, next time I do will be for HighDef...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us