NEED HELP WITH VIEWSAT ULTRA

Silver Member
Username: Monst

Post Number: 104
I have just bought another Viewsat Ultra. I tried to load the bin file several times but at the end of transfer it says FAIL. I even tried set to set download at the end still says FAIL. It's not even taking factory bin. Any input will be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 529
dsscomunity has the info on correcting and over writting bins to fix this,I'ts in the veiw sat files.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6577
flash failed = defective/wrong cable or computer port..

Thats why most get the USB flash drive with the Ultra!

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
LK I can download any file in my old Ultra I have. Infact I just did it and it works on that. I just noticed that in my old Ultra under system info it says Bootloader 0.0B and the new one says 0.08 do you guys think that could be the problem. Maybe manufacture fault?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6578
Try uploading 117 or 118 factory bin...and try different factory bins...also try using loader 1.1 instead of 2.0, if factory bins alone won't load with 2.0...and see what else is in your system info screen..be persistent...and try rebooting with rear switch, like with nite rider lights..

I see others have had exact same problem as U and factory bins and different loaders worked...and a few switched to the USB flash and it worked perfectly then..just needs a "jump start" maybe..

and u can always transfer data/bins from old to new receiver ..

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
Thanks LK I will try different methods tomorrow. It's getting late right now. I will let you guys know if I succeeded. Thanks again

Bronze Member
Username: Alwyzlosty

Post Number: 43
lk can I get some help from you I am not trying to get spoon fed there are just a ffew things that I am not understanding

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I am not trying to get spoon fed there are just a ffew things that I am not understanding

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Eye Tunes be specific. If you are having FTA problems then start your own thread or read some you might find answer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I have uploaded the 286t for my pnst2500a would this be the correct one. Also when I tried to do my channel list It doesn't allow me the option to put in echo 110 and 119. Do you know how I can fix this??? I have been trying to fix this for a few days and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't want you to think i'm being harsh on the spoon fed thing, but with the heart burn I am having trying to fix this, I would melt the spoon :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6579
Eye...SUBJECT of this thread is VIEWSAT ULTRA!!!..there are many Pansat threads here or start your own...Do NOT HIJACK (Steal) this thread with talk of a Pansat 2500 anymore..any Pansat setup manual at a Reputable Dss site will have your answer!

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
OK guys flash drive did work on my VS Ultra. Thank you all for your help. If someone is having the same problem like I did, please use flash drive with current bin.

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 967
Manually Entering Keys in Viewsat Ultra

1. With unit on hit them MENU button on remote.

2.Scroll down to User Settings hit OK button on remote.

3.Enter in your Pin Code. Default is "0000"

4. Scroll down to Code Menu hit OK button on remote.

5.Scroll Right to Nagra.

6.Scroll Down

7.Scroll Left Dish 01 01 00
This is where you will change Keys.

Two (2) Sets. They are 08 & 09 and 88 & 89.

8.Now depending on what key sets are to be changed. Usually displayed to you as follows:

Key 00
Key 08 - 06 07 F0 E2 61 6F E1 45
Key 09 - 01 C5 FB 21 37 B6 C0 5E
Key01
Key 88 - 06 07 F0 E2 61 6F E1 45
Key 89 - 01 C5 FB 21 37 B6 C0 5E

9.Using your remote Arrow Buttons to navigate to the specified key to be changed enter in the new keys. Use the following to enter numbers and letters:
Numbers are 0-9.
Letter A is Button F1
Letter B is Button F2
Letter C is Button F3
Letter D is Button F4
Letter E is Button LAST CHANNEL
Letter F is Button TEXT

10.Once you have entered both lines Hit the Exit Button.

11.You will then be prompted to save your information. Highlight Yes and hit OK button on your remote.

12.Now completely exit the menus and enjoy TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Golbole

Post Number: 14
I'just got a VS ultra. downloaded DN 148 and new 20th dec bin file. working well, but...
...I did a blind scan and it downloaded every channel twice???
...when i go to channel setup and try to delete some channels it just starts rebooting???

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 970
Yeap. Go back and delete all channels. (easily done by doing a factory reset).

Go and turn the power off LNB for 110 and then do a sat scan of 119 (F1).

Once you have done this repeat the same step but turning off the power for the LNB of 119 and sat scan 110.

Then go back and turn both LNB Powers back on.

Enjoy TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us