Pansat dp 34 question

Username: Loverboyz

Post Number: 10
Is it possible pansat can power dp 34 switch without using D.N receiver?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1350
Usually not. Either use the old DN receiver on Port 1 output and keep it on. Or use an external power supply to port 1 output.
I have also read about possible damage to receiver because of the power draw.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7263
sure U can..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1352
LK: Don't talk nonsense. Go and take your medication. I pointed out to you a whole thread on this subject, but you are so stupid, you did not even bother to read it.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1481
DP 34 switch does not need an outside power source. Only the 64 and any DishPro PLUS switches. DP34 will work with FTA receivers.

Username: Mahmoud1966

Post Number: 1
hi can some body help me for my recever pansat2500 because any thing work

Gold Member

Post Number: 1483
Fidouh - Go to the thread for pansat2500 and don't highjack thread. While you are there make sure you specify what the problem is other then nothing works!

Post Number: 2
I does not include/understand what you known as because I say to you that almost all the channels are of

Gold Member

Post Number: 1355
John: The following is an example of a post at another site. I have traced several such complaints and even three times at this site. Unfortunately, LK and his friends do not want to accept evidence. The main problem FTAs are Viewsat and Pansat 2700. This one is from CCC and I have seen similar ones at other sites.

"The Real Injun Member

Re: DP-34 and DP-44 power inserter switching issue.
The viewsat won't power a DP34 well enough. I didn't know that they made a DP34 power inserter. (Not saying Zorro is wrong, Just ddidn't know that they make one.) I have 2 DP34's Cascading for 110-119-91 all DP LNB's. I had to put the C00lsat on Port one of the DP34 to get it to work, and my Panst on port 1 of the second Switch. The Switch would not work with my VS Extreme hooked up to port one. If you don't have another FTA, I would suggest that you get a DP Receiver for dish, just to hook up to port one of the switch. (Doesn't even need to be activated.)"

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 203
LOL!!!!! fidouh, do you have a translator handy?

Post Number: 3
to afflict but which new keys and which new bin I did not include/understand

Post Number: 4
yes because i can't speak english

Gold Member

Post Number: 1486
Nalin - They are cascading two DP34's and logically the power consumption of these will not allow for proper operation. I have a DP34 running 2 viewsats a fortec and a pansat. I have yet to have a problem. While I will not argue that a power insert will help, it is not needed when only running one DP34.

And if you are insinuating that because I am friends with LK that I repeat what he says - we've been down this road before and I don't intend to go down it with you again.

I recommend and answer questions based on my personal experience in testing equipment. So when I post something you can bank on the fact that I have tested it to make sure it does what I state it does.

Last but not least if you are running two DP34 then make sure you have the appropriate receiver 311 series to power these up unless you don't have a power insert.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ok thanks for the reply guys. I hooked up dp 34 without the dish net receiver just to give it a try. Good news is i get all the channels but sometimes when i am changing channels i get bad or scramb channel. When I up or down on the channels i get that channel back. This happens for 110 and 119. I wonder if it could be power to the switch or bad lnb..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1360
John: The bottom line is that a Pansat 2700 has just about enough power to get going under the DP34 and then it shut off. Sometimes a viewsat does that too. We had a funny episode here only a month ago. The poster complained that his viewsat worked fine till evening about 10.30 and then started behaving erratically. It transpired that he had one receiver - the real DN one in one room which got used till about that time and his viewsat in another where he watched. So when the DN receiver was turned off, the power supply to the DP34 was inadequate and the viewsat misbehaved. PRFRMNJ above was a part of this discussion. It is unfortunate that he does not want to learn from other people's posts and discussions.
The bottom line again, Pansat 2700 may be adequate, but don't chance it and ruin it. I have read reports of damage to receivers because of the power draw problem. Why take a risk?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7266
Nalin doesn't know anything...again she provides bogus answers...I've been down this road almost daily with her..maybe if she did some actual testing she would learn something!...she's a newbie with all the wrong answers, who can't shut up, and NO experience....Nalin reminds me of a 14 year girl..thinks they know it all, but knows nothing but hearing herself talk with no life experiences..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1489
John - What are you antena setting? And are you running DishPro LNB's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i am running pansat 3500.
(1) 61.5 dish 500 dishpro lnb
(2) 110 and 119 dish 500 dishpro dual lnb

switch settings
119 to 1 110 to 2 61.5 to 3
pansat connected to first receiver.
Do you thing this switch can burn my receiver..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1361
LK: You are the clown in this forum. You have let all your good "how to" knowledge go to waste by venturing into "Why so" territory. Just continue being an installer on instructions from your boss and earn you $12 an hour. That is where you belong, and will always be.
Sit down and think about it. With your war pension and the $12/hour and income from your buildings, you could have a comfortable life without having to come to the forum and keep on lying and imagining replies.
Real ability comes form research and you have none of that. You half read a little sentence somewhere and think you know. Real knowledge comes from concentration. Unfortunately your illness has stopped you from concentrating and thinking - then you vomit out, yes literraly vomit out profanity, and your psts literraly stinck.
I advised you several times to see your doctor because you need strong medication.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1362
John: I will try and find the posts about the actual power supply and power draws and reply to you tomorrow. It is like asking me - If I jump 20 ft will my legs take my weight and not break? The answer obviously has to be
"Why take the risk?"
particularly when peoiple have cautioned you against it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1492
John - The switch will not burn your receiver.

I do have one more question - In your receiver, do you have DishPro selected as your LNB or do you have Standard?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
prfrmnj-- i selected as dish pro in all. even if i leave it as standard i get the same results.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
and also guys one more thing is i am not running straight to the reciever. My house is prewired. So that may be causing problems. That's why i bought this switch it can support upto 200 ft.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1493
First of all - He is having problems when chaning channels. This is normally atributed to a bad tone burst which is the signal to the switch that opens one port and closes the other.

Next - Nalin: Careful the road you intend to go down with me. Like I said before, reading to gain knowledge is good, but nothing substitutes testing and unless you've tested, then back off.. You really don't need to bump heads with me again.

Last - A switch will not burn a receiver because it is not generating power. The only way this could happen is if a power insert is used and not properly grounded.

BTW - Even with the receiver turned off regardless of type 311 / 322 etc.. the power to the LNB stays on as long as there is current (plugged in the wall) to the receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1494
John - without a signal amplyfier you are going to have problems. You can only support up to 100 feet because you will loose the tone burst after that and it will not open and close ports on the switch properly. A power insert will not solve this problem. You should try to move the switch in close to the receiver. Anything over 100 feet will not work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i mean to say that if receiver sends power to the switch. Is there a chances that reciever will get hot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1495
Nalin - BTW, if you notice John's problems are more then just power. This is why I ask questions rather then shoot from the hip. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot when you have all the fact and saves you time. Specially when you've tested the method and know it works.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
prfrmnj - I thought dp 34 supports upto 200 ft thats what it says in the manual and thats what i heard.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 400
John,

I have a pansat on a dish pro 500. The pansat has NEVER worked the Dish 500 corectly. It is a fight every day. I asked and asked for help and only ever got bashed so I gave up and we just live with it. We have had it fro 4 months like that it will get a channel then try to change channels and sometimes no prob, sometimes no signal or bad or scrambled message. To solve I try rebooting it, you can hit the signal buttion twice and change the transponder back and forth....sometimes have to go play with antenna settings...one time it like a standard LNB next time it likes dish pro.... I was told that is just part of FTA and that everbody had that problem.......I have decided I hate the dish pro and will change to something else soon.....I know I was not much help but, thought I would add this I spent many a night trying to solve this and had to give up...

Oh and very important IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM TURN OFF I REPEAT TURN OFF AUTO TRANSPONDER UPDATE....if you leave it on it can get a false signal on the wrong transponder and you can LOSE channels that are really their.....I learned that the HARD WAY

Gold Member

Post Number: 1496
John - It will not get any hotter then it normally does...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1363
PRFRMNJ: I did not imply that you did not have ability to learn. A phase come in the learning process when one has to "learn from other people's mistakes". That is when "from my personal experience" stops and "research tells me" starts. Good night to you now. I have an early start tomorrow.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1497
Jay - I never read a post in which you were asking for help on that. I would have told you the same.

John - While the DP34 will support up to 200ft this is based on a DN configuration not FTA. This is why the contraversy of Power Supply Inserts came from.

Fact is that even if you use a power supply insert, it is the tone burst that changes your port and anything over 100ft causes loss in burst.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1498
Nalin - There is no substitute for testing. As I said before, reading is a big part of this hobby, but unless you are willing to test and find out how equipment reacts to what you do, all you are doing is going by what others say and never by what you learn from testing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1364
Jay: That was an interesting post and confirms what I have read in 10 different sites.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1499
Jay - Check the distance from your receiver to the switch. Personally I find that using dual LNB (Not the DishPro Fat Head) works much better when running more then two sats. But if you are only running two sats, then the DishPro Twin or Quad (fat head) works the best.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 403
I have tried power on, power off, every setting on the pansat their is with same outcome.....I am about 50 foot from the LNB so attenuation is not a factor I would think.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1365
PRFRMNJ : When I have read that a certain action will cause me to jtag my receiver, I do not wish to test. I accept the truth. Learning is
1. Intuitive learning,
2. Scriptural (book) learning
3. Learning from Guru (teacher). This with the book learning gives you the acquired knowledge of mankind - you do not have to test it.
4. Learning from expereince (testing). In intelligent hands this would be for new learning. Nobody expects each human being to reinvent the wheel. It is expected that we will know about it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1502
Nalin - the problem with that is that you are taking at face value what others are saying.

I agree that no one is expected to reinvent the wheel, but the flaw with that is that if we don't experience things for ourselves, there would be no evolution.

In your case if you are only repeating what others say and then contridict what those who test say, then how do you know what works and what doesn't?

I'm not the only one who's said this and I know lots of mods elsewhere who actually test with me. This is a hobby to me! I'm the type who will buy a receiver just to see what it does. I could probably open a store with all the equipment I own, but I do this to learn and share with others what I have learned.

Last but not least, I have yet to read anywhere that anyone has had to JTAG a receiver because they didn't use a power inster which is what prompted this entire discussion. By the way a JTAG is to resolve software issues and not hardware, so there is really nothing in any of what has been discussed above that will cause anyone to have to JTAG a receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 457

Hey Nalin
If you do not wish to test,you accept
the truth, without any practical
experience, how can you tell when someone
is telling the truth? Yes book learning
does give a people lot of knowledge,
but on the other hand let me ask you this,
without practical experience do you think
that a person could wire your house
or trouble shoot your A/C, TV, Appliances,
or your Satellite Paid Provider system
that is if you are paying. By reading only.
I don't think so.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1522
Jay - You said you were 50 feet from the LNB? That distance is not all that important. It's the distance from your receiver to the switch itself the key here. The receiver sends a tone burst to the switch when you change channels (from one sat to another) and that tone burst open and closes the port in which the sat is connected to. That's why it is recommended that you place your switch as close to your receiver as possible. You couldn't in essence have a switch 20 feet from your bos and another 100 feet of cable from the switch and the LNB without having any problems switching from one channel to the other. You may have a slight loss in signal and quality, but not changing channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1366
PRFRMNJ: When you are in high school, you do experiments to learn under the guidance of teachers, who know what you have to learn through experimentation. In college this goes up one level and you do more experimentation. By the time you do your master degree, the experimentation part decreases substantially and research and what A LOT OF KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE say and you experience how to evaluate information, which to accept, which to reject, etc., etc. By the time you are doing PhD. and writing the thesis, experimentation is minimal or non-existent.
A school leaver is taught skills when he cannot or does not want to go to university. These skills make him much better at doing something (how to) than his friend who went to university who is learning the "why so" of perhaps the same or related thing.

Then comes the time when the practical procedure or the tools change, and sometimes the basics change. The "how to" person is totally at a loss. The "why so" person looks at the basics knows what the change is and why the change was made and can actually tell his skilled friend what to do.
Example: I had to create a 15 feet span in my basement under the beam. According to the carpenter, whose learning stopped at support every 12 feet using 3 thicknesses of 2x10, said it could not be done. According to the Canadian Guidelines three 2 x 12 would be just adequate. I felt that those 2 extra inches will reduce the clearance to an unacceptable level, looked up information on glue laminated beams and arranged that and the carpenter used the laminated beam. Should I experiment and try and carry the beam? NO. I gathered information that allowed such a solution and instructed the carpenter.
You look at your life and you will find many such examples. There is a time and place for experimentation and learning through experiments and there is a time and place for learning through research and other reliable experimentation. The latter is the route to get the Ph.D.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1557
Nalin - I'm done with you! Why do you keep arguing the same. You sound like a little kid. Don't bother me with your nonsense.

As I said before, this is where we mark our differences. I know this works because I've tried it. You say it doesn't becase you've read it. Let them decide who to believe.

Jay - Based on your last post in the other thread, I understand you do not use a DP34 switch but rather a DishPro LNB. That being said, if it's a DishPro Twin or Quad you WILL NOT have problems. But I think you are using the DishProPlus which is not FTA Friendly and and requires a DN 322 receiver to power it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1367
PRFRMNJ: The truth hurts you. Truth to me is a signal to wake. That is the difference in culture.
A man is known by the company he keeps. I have very reluctantly decided to know you not as what you are, but as one of the misguided friends of that bombastic egoistic psychotic person you call friend. The only redeeming feature in your case is that you have a better degree of independent thought than some of his disciples and worshippers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1559
Nalin - Careful where you are going with this. let it go. You have your way I have mine. You do not want to go down this road with me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1371
Threats from LK do not bother me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1567
I am going to assume you intended that for LK and not me.

As I said, you have your way I have mine. LET IT GO. Don't go down this road with me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1372
PRFRMNJ : I have no intention of going "down this road" or any road with you. It is understandable and acceptable that you have not been able to see my viewpoint in many issues.
You said,"you have your way I have mine" - my religion taught me Anekantvad (acceptance of muliplicity of viewpoint) - a philosophy established at least 2500 years ago. I am glad you have discovered it and are accepting this philosophy.
Anyway, anybody reading this forum should be able to see that I do NOT follow anybody.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1572
Point made and this conversation is over!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7291
LMAO...she's (nalin) like talking to the wall (the wall makes more sense)...a non tester, who thinks she knows everything, cause she read it in somebody else's post and can copy it!...just like a 14 year old girl, who won't listen to anybody , knows NOTHING, but thinks she knows it all cause she read it in National Enquirer, and then must grab her cell phone and tell everybody the ways of life...LOL

also...anybody ever notice this alleged world traveler with this alleged big shot job, who can only afford a pansat clone 2500, spends 24/7 here dictating to everybody her BS and non testing crap!....she's a joke!...

I've been done with her for months, but the crazy bich is a wacko, and stalks me everywhere I post!...I try to IGNORE her usually but she keeps stalking me,a nd thinks she's "correcting me with all her bogus and wrong info..

I'll be back, I need to call my plumber to make sure he read chapter 12, para 2C 1.4.3 of the plumbers code book....LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 1373
LK was in Afghnistan and learnt the words "blow me" from Afghan soldiers and used them with great personal satisfaction on Afghan boys.
He is now so obsessed, he uses these words on everybody in this forum. He needs to see a doctor.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7301
actually immigrant wh*ores like U kept saying to me " hey GI.. blow job, I give U for $5"

Silver Member
Username: F_t_a_is_back

Post Number: 208
I have 2700s connected to a dp34 and it works fine...110,119,61.5...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1596
FTA - A lot of people (Including Jay) were stating that something wasn't working which was interpreted as the DP34 being the problem. Jay has a DishProPlus LNB which we all know is a pain to get to work properly with FTA.

At least I know I'm not the only one that has made the DP34 work (well I actually new a few people) but thanks for posting your findings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us