Magnavox 51" Projection

Username: Ranger4327

Post Number: 1
My Magnavox 51" projection tv has a problem. While watching tv, the audio will turn off at times, similar to muting. To get the sound to come back, i have to turn it off then back on, and the sound will return. I think on at least one occasion, the sound had returned itself after a short time (perhaps 35 minutes).. Anyone know why it does this? I have never reported it to sears where i bought it from!!!! thanks for any help!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 54
Chris,
Try changing the channel and then switching back to the channel you were watching.My tv was dping this and it was the cable box. If I switched channels the audio would come back or shut the tv off and turn it back on. The cable comany tried to blame the tv but I was able to boorow a tv and it did the same thing. It was a setting in the cable box that a new installer did not have correct. Bob

Username: Ranger4327

Post Number: 2
thanks bob...... but it never did this till we got our new tv, so i dont think it is the sat receiveer, but i am hoping you are right!!!!!!! of course it hasnt done it since your post so i cant try switching channels.... like i said, as well as you, when i turn the tv off then on again, the sound will come back!!!!!!!!! thaks for your input!!!!!

Username: Wildmanz

Post Number: 1
I need the first screen on the 51 inch rear projection magnavox, Its the first screen, anyone having one for sale please e-mail thanks!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us