Samsung HLP6163W Automatically shutting off

Username: Oakey25

London, ON Canada

Post Number: 1
My girlfriend noticed this afternoon that our 61 incher decided to shut down automatically and now since then, it just keeps shutting down? Called for a service man to come out. they'll call tomorrow. Just wondering what can be wrong with it only have had it 1yr 5months.. Only other service call was last December when we had to get the whole screen replaced. Thank God for the extended 5 yr warranty we bought. Also wondering if having a PS3 and a Xbox 360 hooked up to it would be causing this mess the problem just started and I just got my PS3 for XMAS? Just a thought.

Gold Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1009
I doubt it's related to the game box.

Are three lights flashing on the front button?
If so, it's the lamp.
If it shuts down with no warning lights or sound it could be anything from a switch, to the power supply, or even the digital board.

London, ON Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply! No 3 Lights of Death yet!! It just decides to shut off on its own no warnings at all. The service man is coming next week so we will see then. 3 more service calls til a new television. I can't believe a television so early in its life span has so many problems already. But I still love my television. So I'll keep everyone posted.

London, ON Canada

Post Number: 4
Hey so the service man came this week and he took the television apart and he said everything looked tip top but all he could think what was wrong was that the motor on the television is going? I have no idea if this is going to work but we'll see after he puts it in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us