Hitachi 57F59A problems

Username: Notgibson

Post Number: 1
I grabbed a 57F59A from Circuit City last October and within a week it was giving me problems. Every once in a while the screen would go entirely green or red or black or shades of pink which followed the contour of the images on the screen. After 30 seconds (almost exactly every time)the screen would return to normal. Since this happened both when I was playing a DVD and when I was watching a DVR and or a show through Time warner cable the manager agreed with me that it was unlikely to be a cable problem (Monster cable from the cable box/DVR, component cables from DVD, reg coax for digital cable. The CC manager replaced the unit & within a week the new set was doing ALMOST the same thing. Red/green screens solid color, but no more pink screen, now it has bands of static, gray w/ some color that roll down the screen. Since Hitachi offers a one year in home warranty I called them to let them know of the problem & they offered to have a serviceman come, but two different techs (at Hitachi) said they had not heard of this problem. The CC manager said he would credit me my full purchase price for any other unit in the store so now I'm back to square 1! Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? Does the 65F59A have the same issues? Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 97
The 59 and 65 would be the same chassis, just a different set-up. I would pass on another Hitachi.
Normally Hitachi is a well build set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us