Samsung tv hln567w Problem!

Username: Ripley420

Post Number: 1
I have the Samsung HLN567W 56" dlptv for just over three years.I have never had to change the lamp.About a month ago the picture started to cut out and I would be left with only audio.The lamp would still be on and none of the 3 lights on the front of the set would blink.I would unplug and plug back in and things would be back to "normal".This would happen every so often.Up until 2 weeks ago.It staring doing it more often and I also noticed that the colors on the tv started to remind me of a painting ,not very defined.On one occation there where white flashes and a strobe like look going down the screen,that has not happened again.So I had a tech come and look at it and I was told that it was the color wheel.At the time the colorwheel was humming loudly but nothing close to a screem.After being told the price I did some research and replaced it myself.After putting things back together ,turing on the tv it seemed to work ok.But after an hour or so it did the same thing.Picture went out,audio only and looking in the back the lamp was still on.Turned it off, waited a few seconds ,turned it back on and back in buisness.This time it did it in a few minutes.Again turned it off and went back to it later,this time I got 5-6 hours before picture went out.Left it off and the following night it was on for 4-5 hours and nothing happened.I`m not sure what to do now.If it wasn`t the colorwheel than what could it be.I`ve done more research and found similar problems but now I`m not sure if it`s the DMD board,ballast or light engine.Or would it have something to with the old lamp? Not sure,if anyone could help please let me know.Thanks,Ralph.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 996
If you're the original owner, Samsung may investigate a possible failure of the digital board. They have some known issues with the "N" boards. Call 1-800-SAMSUNG and be persistent.

Post Number: 2
Ok thanks.What makes you feel that it would have something to do with the digital board? Is it one thing or is it cause of all the things that are happening?

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1000
The white strobing was not the color wheel unless a section of it flew off. (not likely)
If that happened it would strobe full time.

The digital board is the intelligence that tells the light engine and DMD exactly what to do. It can cause all the symptoms you're seeing.

Post Number: 3
Thanks. I`ll give Samsung a call and see what happens.If it`s a dead end is it difficult to install one myself?Since I had it apart I know where it is and it looks like it just has a cover over it.If not do you know of anything that I would need to do other than replacing it?Things like settings,etc.I found a replacement online for about $280.Thanks for your help and time.

Gold Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1002
It's never a dead end!
Simply say, "That's unacceptable!".
Ask for the next level up.

Yea, you could swap it out if it comes to that.
Default settings should work fine.

Post Number: 4
I called and was told that it is the DMD board.I did not push the issue as hard as I should have cause that`s all I got out of them.I was also told that in taking it out that it must be in a sensitive spot and to not be careless.Dirt ,etc. It lists for $257.Not sure if I`m going to try it myself or not.Thanks for your time.

Post Number: 5
Also would cleaning the fan help this or is it to obvious that it is the DMD board? Or could it be a bad fan and not cooling the board down? When I had it apart to change the color wheel I only cleaned the two fans on the right side where the lamp is.

Gold Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1007
Keeping things clean inside is always a good idea. It's shocking what can accumulate in just six months.

Call back! Press the issue! They can afford to send you a board. Tell them their set should last longer. Be very persistent. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Post Number: 6
No luck going at it with samsung.I did want to know if for my model HLN567WX if I replace the digital board do I also have to change the analog board at the same time ? Only since the new part wouldn`t recognize the old software.

Username: Pcskier

Post Number: 1
I have the same model tv and have a very noisy color wheel. May I ask where you purchased yours, how much it cost and did you access the assembly through the lamp area or did you have to remove the rear panel of the tv?

Gold Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1022
Ron,

www.samsungparts.com

The back has to come off.

http://www.jangro.com/a/2006/07/24/samsung-dlp-replace-color-wheel/

Ripley,

The two boards work independently. No need to replace the analog board.

If you get through to Executive Customer Relations they will fix your set.

Username: Pcskier

Post Number: 2
THANK YOU!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us