Sony KDF60XS955 Problem (PC monitor w/ S-video?)

Username: Joelgrandwega60

FL USA

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here.

I have a 60" Grand Wega and I tried to connect my Dell PC to use the TV as my monitor. The TV does not have PC-inputs, so I used my video card's S-Video out to the tv's S-video in.

When I turn on the PC, the Dell splash-screen at the beginning is awfully pixelated and in black/white. Then the Windows XP loading screen comes on and is in full color and looks ok. Then, Windows appears and the desktop looks the same as the first Dell screen - black/white, and somewhat pixelated.

I've updated my PC's video card drivers (NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 128mb) but nothing seems to help. Occasionally when I change settings the screen flickers and I BRIEFLY get a glimpse of the screen in full color, but that lasts a half second at most. If I jiggle the S-Video cable, the color appears/disappears, but I'm convinced it's not a cable problem because occasionally I get flickers of color without touching the cable.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem? I just got a wireless keyboard/mouse and would love to use my tv as my all-in-one monitor for all of my components and PC.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us