Hitachi 50dx10b convergence problem

Username: Dan_mott

Post Number: 1
The picture in the top left 1/3 of the screen is blurry and bowed down.the red is out of alignment and the convergence will not adjust.After the set is on for a couple of hours or longer the picture goes back to normal.I think the convergence IC's are bad.I don't have a service manual or schematics for the hp 11 chassis.How many IC's are there.I could do the repair myself if I had the service manual and schematic.

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 73
Yes, it's sound like the convergence outputs are going bad. Yes, if you get the manual it would be very helpful for some one who has no experience. No, the manual will not give you explicit instructions on how to replace a component or any other trouble shooting technique. You will have to KNOW how to de-solder and solder the outputs.

Username: Dan_mott

Post Number: 2
Steve,does the manual show where the convergence outputs are located?I have experience in computer repair(A+) and soldering from when I worked at IBM.

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 74
Yes, The manual will have the service menu code and set-up for when you finish the repair. There should be a schematic included with the manual with a block diagram and a parts list. If your A+, you shouldn't have a problem.....Go for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us