PanSat 3500S with DishPro Twin LNB Signal Loss

Username: Fantoma

Post Number: 1
I am a newbie and did my homework. I have problem very similar to this thread.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/292684.html

I still don't have the answer so I ask again with a little more info about my set up.

Problem: When I first turn the 3500S on, I can watch a channel for about 15-20s before it said "no signal". Turn 3500S off (not reset) for a few minute, then turn it on again, I can watch another 15s. If I left it on, "no signal" error continue to show up. Checking the satellite signal the Quality bar is having problem to stay locked. The Signal bar is OK but the Quality bar kept flashing between 0% and ~90%. I re-aimed the dish, moved the dish to ensure clear sight line, problem is still there.

History: I got the 2 DN DishPro Twin LNB on the roof that were left over from DN. In the DN day, the installer left a DP34 switch with 3 cables run to it from the LNB. 2 cables from DP34 to the DVR522, and 1 cable to other DN receiver.

Hardware: After I read so many note, I removed the DP34. Keep only 1 DP Twin LNB, with only 1 cable running from 1 port of the LNB is being connected directly to the PanSat 3500S. No switch or any other receiver. I only need 110 and 119 to one room, one Pansat 3500S.

Set Up: ECHO 7 (119) set
LNB type: Standard
Loq Freq: 11250
22khz: OFF
DiseqC: 1
Positioner: OFF

ECHO 6,8 (110) set
LNB type: Standard
Log Freq: 11250
DiseqC: 2

Please help me on diagnose this problem. It seems that I am not the only one but still unsure about what is the problem and how to fix it. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 223
I really think you got old Program or pointing to wrong SAT hard to tell
But before moving dish
Try this

LNB type: ocp-dp

ECHO 6,8 (110) set
LNB type: ocp-dp

or try this
LNB type: Twin Legacy

ECHO 6,8 (110) set
LNB type: Twin Legacy

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
When trying Twin Legacy
Twin Legacy LNB-1 for 119
Twin Legacy LNB-2 for 110
If you got this option just rule out certain things.

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
Also you may have to move cable from other Coax-Output if it is got 2 outputs sometimes connection is rusty from LNB connector

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 882
Sounds to me like you have a bad LNB. What bin are you running? Is this the only receiver connected to this LNB. The standard setup should work provided all connections are good. Remember, these LNB's have a built in switch that can go bad as well. Last but not least. Check to make sure you STB is well ventilated. Your receiver could be heating up and could cause parts to loose contact.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
He did say that he ran it to one receiver
LNBs don't usually go bad circuits could so even if one bad output he can still try the other output it won't hurt before changing parts but I do agree hardware issue. Also Lately people been complaining about loss of quality due to bugs in programs, may want to make sure got latest PGM bin. Because didn't say anything about PGM he is using. Otherwise like spinnig your wheels

Silver Member

Post Number: 883
First things first - LNB's go bad all the time... (DishPro Twin or Quads) this is because of the internal switch. Not to mention I used to install for DN and ran into bad LNB's that were brand new, so YES, they do go bad...

I do agree that a single LNB is less likely to go bad then a DishPro. But he is using a DP.

There are some bugs in Bin files and PGM files, so it's always recommended to check "Reputable" sites for updated versions.

Silver Member

Post Number: 884
If this was an old DN installation, then the dish was already pointed in the right direction. That does not mean that it could have moved a little so you'll need to verify alignment. However, if you are able to watch it for 15 minutes, then the signal goes, update your bin file and see if this solves the problem. I continue to think that if that didn't solve it, you need a new LNB...

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6451
My 2 cents, based on your DP Twin LNB with direct single cable to ONLY 1 Pansat 3500 receiver...in this order, I would try these things one at a time..and see if problem is solved

1st ...replace cable (RG6) and connections and try it.

2nd...move new cable to other output on the DP twin and try it.

3rd...upload same bin from a new download at any site and try it

4th ...realign dish and try it

5th ...replace the LNB, NOW it should definitely work!

ALWAYS remember...

1...NEVER have receiver powered on when messing with the LNB or cables

2...ReCHECK receiver antenna/dish settings
(corrrectly posted above, ocp-dp) when messing with anything (software or hardware)

3...Reboot receiver with rear swith or unplug for 2-4 minutes after doing anything with software or hardware..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us